AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinker

I get these strange symbols at the top left corner of my shoutbox - 

Any ideas?

munty

I am new to smf so please bear with me. i have a site where they are still on 1.1.4 (i know, but owner of the site doesnt like upgrades.... )

Any one know how to add the chat in popup window thats featured on the following site (http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/Chat+in+popup+window [nofollow]) as it would make life soooo much easier for him.

or details on how to tie it into the board itself, so that it sits at the top of the forum all the time

tia

Munty

(if you need any files, just let me know)

ttuu

Quote from: ttuu on February 03, 2009, 03:35:50 PM
i want hide the "chat" button for user cannot have a Permissions in chat or for guest.
it is possible?

i solved myself.
in the index.template.php.
replace this:
// the [chat] button
$chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
$num = ($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? count(array_unique(getChatOnlineUserIDs())) : 0;
echo $context['browser']['is_ie4'] ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '', '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_back">
<a href="', $chatPath, '" target="_blank">', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a></td>';

to this:
// the [chat] button
$num = ($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? count(array_unique(getChatOnlineUserIDs())) : 0;
    if (allowedTo('chat_access'))
echo $context['browser']['is_ie4'] ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '', '
<a href="', $chatPath, '" target="_blank">', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a></td>';

thanks.

djrem

I have flashchat currently installed and it uses "chat" as its folder aswell as its "action" thingy.
Now i wanted to leave it installed in case it went wrong and i can revert back to it.

May be worth while for others trying to jump between the systems to use "chatroom" or "ajaxchat" or something.

Just my opinion.

Feature question
Can Guest log into the chat?
I havent found a way on flash chat for a non-logged user to log in.

I would love the option for a nonforum member to be able to preview the community before joining if possible.

ttuu

i have a problem.
my site is in Hebrew. and uesrs set you username in hebrew. now if user that username it is hebrew i cannot see in the chat the username but  i see space in place of username.
how i can fix that?

ryozo

I already have the old mod and just want the "Access Feature" of this new mod.
So what i did is modify the managepermission, modification.english, and chat's index.php.

Tried denying access to 1 group, but still they can access chatroom.
Am i missing something?

Thanks a lot.

mrtrc266

Quote from: rsanchez78118 on February 03, 2009, 06:54:59 PM
i still can't seem to get the "users in chat" to work. i tried to manually include the code into my boardindex.template.php and my index.template.php, but it still won't work.

if any1 would be kind enough to take a look at it i would really appreciate it.

my forum is located at: http://www.swampratracing.com/forum

Hi rsanchez, I just did the manual edit for your boardindex and tried it out on my site and it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Malignant

mrtrc266

Quote from: Malignant on February 04, 2009, 04:27:24 PM
How can I add the chat to the index? (like so http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1319;id=84538;image )

Just install AJAX Chat and this AJAX Chat Intergration MOD and then enable it in Admin/Features and Options/Basic Features and set it to your liking with these settings...

Enable the ShoutBox?   
Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?   
Show online users below total logged in time section?   

Malignant

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 04, 2009, 04:48:50 PM
Quote from: Malignant on February 04, 2009, 04:27:24 PM
How can I add the chat to the index? (like so http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1319;id=84538;image )

Just install AJAX Chat and this AJAX Chat Intergration MOD and then enable it in Admin/Features and Options/Basic Features and set it to your liking with these settings...

Enable the ShoutBox?   
Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?   
Show online users below total logged in time section?

Thanks... I got it.

.HuNTeR.

@ohioreef
your chat.sql file seems OK and I'm confused
maybe chat developer can help you more
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Blinker
maybe a link to your forum help us to solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@munty
open themes/index.template.php
find:

// the [chat] button

replace with:

// the [chat] button
   echo '    <script type="text/javascript">
        // <![CDATA[
            function openWindow(url,width,height,options,name) {
                width = width ? width : 800;
                height = height ? height : 600;
                options = options ? options : 'resizable=yes';
                name = name ? name : 'openWindow';
                window.open(
                    url,
                    name,
                    'screenX='+(screen.width-width)/2+',screenY='+(screen.height-height)/2+',width='+width+',height='+height+','+options
                )
            }
        // ]]>
    </script>';
         <a href="', $chatPath, '" onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;">', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a></td>';

@djrem
you are right this is not good that users had to install the chat in chat folder
and I'm searching a good solution for this

check these for guests:
chat/lib/config.php

// Enable/Disable guest logins:
$config['allowGuestLogins'] = true;
// Enable/Disable write access for guest users - if disabled, guest users may not write messages:
$config['allowGuestWrite'] = true;
// Allow/Disallow guest users to choose their own userName:
$config['allowGuestUserName'] = true;
// Guest users should be distinguished by either a prefix or a suffix or both (no whitespace):
$config['guestUserPrefix'] = '(';
// Guest users should be distinguished by either a prefix or a suffix or both (no whitespace):
$config['guestUserSuffix'] = ')';
// Guest userIDs may not be lower than this value (and not higher than privateChannelDiff):
$config['minGuestUserID'] = 400000000;

and also remember to give guests chat access in smf permission
@ttuu
i used this chat with Persian/Arabic languages that need utf-8 encoding and working good
may be chat developer can help you more
@ryozo
i think it is better you install the latest version because of bug fix and ...
but if you don't want  there is some changes in chat/index.php file too

munty

right,

Persuaded him to upgrade to 1.1.7 SMF and installed this mod, and its lovely...

all i would like now is to be able to have the shoutbox that shows on the front page, to show all the time, for even when users are going into other parts of the forum.

is this possible?

tia

M

ohioreef

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on February 05, 2009, 06:12:28 AM
@ohioreef
your chat.sql file seems OK and I'm confused
maybe chat developer can help you more

With the help of the link you provided I was able to get the chat installed, however I am now having issues with the mod itself. I am getting the following errors:

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test failed
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/style.css Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php Skipping file
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.persian.php Skipping file
11. Execute Modification ./chat/index.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/class/AJAXChatDataBase.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/config.php Test successful
15. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/template/shoutbox.html Test successful
16. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/template/loggedOut.html Test successful
17. Execute Modification ./chat/css/shoutbox.css Test successful

Jazman

Hey everyone.

I'm have a little problem with some text displaying after installing this mod (I tried 1.2.2, and _2.2). I just recently installed a fresh copy of SMF1.1.7, and Tinyportal1.06. In order to view tinyportal administrative features, I had to set the default language to English from English-UTF8.

So with that said, I'm seeing this
and .

If I enter Admin-Configuration-Server Settings and set English again, the correct text appears.

But I have to do this every time I return to the forums.

Any thoughts?

Again, this is on a fresh install of SMF, and I received no errors during the integration mod install.

mrtrc266

Quote from: ohioreef on February 05, 2009, 03:18:53 PM

With the help of the link you provided I was able to get the chat installed, however I am now having issues with the mod itself.

This should help with your boardindex and managepermissions

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1909954#msg1909954

ohioreef

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 05, 2009, 03:29:28 PM

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1909954#msg1909954

Ok thanks, but what do I do? Do I change something in the mod install files?

I'm using the chat without the mod and really like it. Looking forward to having the mod installed.

mrtrc266

Quote from: ohioreef on February 05, 2009, 04:03:02 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 05, 2009, 03:29:28 PM

Ok thanks, but what do I do? Do I change something in the mod install files?

I'm using the chat without the mod and really like it. Looking forward to having the mod installed.

Be sure to backup, then proceed with the install. When you're done post the following files and I'll take a look

./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test failed
./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test failed

BarfBag

I installed this mod and it seems to be working pretty good.  I have some questions, though.

1.  How do I add members as moderators?
2.  How do I skin it?
3.  I'm getting this error in the log (a LOT):
8: Undefined index: enableChatBelowPM
File: /home/content/r/b/r/rbrown1990/html/Themes/default/Admin.template.php (eval?)
Line: 285

nomnomfish

Quote from: munty on February 05, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
right,

Persuaded him to upgrade to 1.1.7 SMF and installed this mod, and its lovely...

all i would like now is to be able to have the shoutbox that shows on the front page, to show all the time, for even when users are going into other parts of the forum.

is this possible?

you may be able to do this with the global headers footers mod.

tia

M
A cool site I have come across: Nom Nom Fish - Internet Fishing
Control the Nomming Monster to Nom real fish! | Osama Dead Shirts

nomnomfish

Quote from: djrem on February 04, 2009, 06:44:58 AM
I have flashchat currently installed and it uses "chat" as its folder aswell as its "action" thingy.
Now i wanted to leave it installed in case it went wrong and i can revert back to it.

May be worth while for others trying to jump between the systems to use "chatroom" or "ajaxchat" or something.

Just my opinion.

Feature question
Can Guest log into the chat?
I havent found a way on flash chat for a non-logged user to log in.

I would love the option for a nonforum member to be able to preview the community before joining if possible.

try meebo chat or maybe even gabbly
A cool site I have come across: Nom Nom Fish - Internet Fishing
Control the Nomming Monster to Nom real fish! | Osama Dead Shirts

Advertisement: