AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirsten07734

Geez.  I knew it had to be easy.   I'm an idiot.  Thanks mrtrc266.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kirsten07734 on February 20, 2009, 06:07:59 PM
Geez.  I knew it had to be easy.   I'm an idiot.  Thanks mrtrc266.

LOL No problem at all, sometimes it the easiest things that will drive you nuts ;)

Kyrislian

Thank you very much for helping! But I fail to understand :( I'm not looking to create the channels based on the forum boards. All I want is for two channels stating "The Traveller's Rest" and "The Marketplace".

Help please? ^^

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 20, 2009, 04:04:44 PM
Quote from: Kyrislian on February 20, 2009, 01:33:54 PM
I hope someone can help me - I want to make only two channels, and I have no idea how to do it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1928449#msg1928449

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kyrislian on February 20, 2009, 08:27:19 PM
Thank you very much for helping! But I fail to understand :( I'm not looking to create the channels based on the forum boards. All I want is for two channels stating "The Traveller's Rest" and "The Marketplace".

Help please? ^^

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 20, 2009, 04:04:44 PM
Quote from: Kyrislian on February 20, 2009, 01:33:54 PM
I hope someone can help me - I want to make only two channels, and I have no idea how to do it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1928449#msg1928449

Here's how to creat custom channels

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/Custom+chat+channels

Kyrislian

Yup, I've actually gone there to look up how to do the coding, but I'm lost as to whether or not I'm to use both codes, or just one of them, and what the numbers mean and what numbers I should use to assign the chatroom.

Yes. I'm a complete noob on this.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kyrislian on February 20, 2009, 08:42:24 PM
Yup, I've actually gone there to look up how to do the coding, but I'm lost as to whether or not I'm to use both codes, or just one of them, and what the numbers mean and what numbers I should use to assign the chatroom.

Yes. I'm a complete noob on this.

Do you have Boards names "The Traveller's Rest" and ""The Marketplace"? That would be the easiest way to do what you want. Then you could just do the following

Open...../chat/lib/config.php
Find
// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = null;

And replace with the code below and just change the numbers to the number of the boards for "The Traveller's Rest" and ""The Marketplace"
EXAMPLE: If The Traveller's Rest was board #20 and The Marketplace was board #21 then your code would look like this.

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = array(20,21);

EDIT:

I just added 2 Custom Channels to my test site with the names that you're looking for.

chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php

Find
return $this->_channels;
Replace with
$this->_channels = array_merge($this->_channels, array('The_Travellers_Rest'=>567, 'The_Marketplace'=>890));
return $this->_channels;

Find
return $this->_allChannels;
Replace with
$this->_allChannels = array_merge($this->_allChannels, array('The_Travellers_Rest'=>567, 'The_Marketplace'=>890));
return $this->_allChannels;

That should do it ;)

Kyrislian

I don't have the boards with that name - they're threads. Is there any other way to fix this up?

And thank you so much for your patience!

mrtrc266

No problem at all.

Attatch your chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php file and I'll take a look

Kyrislian

mrtrc266

Here you go, this should do it  ;)

Kyrislian

Thank you so much! It works perfectly now!

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kyrislian on February 20, 2009, 11:05:50 PM
Thank you so much! It works perfectly now!

No problem at all, glad I could help :)

ajaxman

Hi,

I recently installed SMF 1.1.8. Then the only mod I installed was AjaxChat. First I installed the chat under the forum directoy. Everything works fine.

However when I try to install AjaxChat Integration I get the following:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:

Type Action Description

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/style.css Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php Skipping file
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.persian.php Skipping file
12. Execute Modification ./chat/index.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/class/AJAXChatDataBase.php Test successful
15. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/config.php Test successful
16. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/template/shoutbox.html Test successful
17. Execute Modification ./chat/lib/template/loggedOut.html Test successful
18. Execute Modification ./chat/css/shoutbox.css Test successful

What can I do to fix this?

J

mrtrc266

@ Ajaxman, it looks like you might some some other MODs installed that are interfering with this install.

You can do the manual edits for the files that you get the errors on using a Package Parser

ajaxman

Hi,

There are no other mod's installed. SMF is brand new "out of the box". The system admin's installed v 1.1.7, then I upgraded to 1.1.8.

Nothing more there.

I'm attaching the files that have a problem, in case you are able to find the errors.

What do you suggest?

J

PJC2006

Hi, I have a small problem and was hoping someone could help me fix it please.

I tick the option for my chat to chat in popup page but it does not!

It does when i use the default core theme but not in the custom theme that i use.

I use the custom theme Asalet v7 and SMF 2 RC1.

Thanks in advance  :D

crypt

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 18, 2009, 08:08:11 PM
Quote from: crypt on February 18, 2009, 02:45:11 PM
got this mod working, but it hasnt actually embedded the chat within the forum. the chat button just redirects me to chat/index.php

any ideas where i should look first for a fix? ive played with the settings for the mod but they have no affect.

Do you mean the ShoutBox? If you have a custom theme you will have to do the manual edits for it to show and then enable the ShoutBox.

For SMF1.x.x Go to Admin/Features and Options and then check what features you want...

Enable the ShoutBox?   
check for ShoutBox on any page or uncheck for only in index page:   
chat in popup page?   
Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?   
Show online users below total logged in time section?

For SMF 2 RC1 go to Admin/Modifications/Chat

thanks for the response, sorry i wasnt more specific. im using smf 2.0 rc1 with the default core theme. the most ive managed  is a mostly empty nonfunctional shoutbox which you can see a screen cap of hxxp:www.realitytunnel.org/visual/shoutbox.png [nonactive]. ajaxchat was installed fine and i can access it otherwise. its just the embedding that escapes me at the moment.

fotografo74

Thanks .HuNTeR. for this Mod!
I have a problem: istallation is ok...i write my shout but nothing shows...users online is = 0 ....
Helps please?
Antonio

mrtrc266

Quote from: ajaxman on February 21, 2009, 12:36:10 PM
Hi,

There are no other mod's installed. SMF is brand new "out of the box". The system admin's installed v 1.1.7, then I upgraded to 1.1.8.

Nothing more there.

I'm attaching the files that have a problem, in case you are able to find the errors.

What do you suggest?

J

It looks like you must have proceeded with this install cuz all the files have all the edits in them. There was only one file that was missing one edit. If you did already install the Intergration try to use this index.template and see how it goes. Of course back up first.

mrtrc266

Quote from: fotografo74 on February 22, 2009, 12:33:03 AM
Thanks .HuNTeR. for this Mod!
I have a problem: istallation is ok...i write my shout but nothing shows...users online is = 0 ....
Helps please?
Antonio

What version of SMF are you using?
Do you have a custom theme?
Did you get a clean install of this Intergration MOD version 2.5 without any errors?

Advertisement: