News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroro

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 20, 2009, 03:57:44 PM
Quote from: euroro on February 20, 2009, 06:20:48 AM
I have installed AJAX on my 1.1.8 version of SMF and it workes fine.
After that, I have installed the integration using the package manager.
It was installed fine.

But I do not see a Button on main forum page.
What went wrong?

Please help!
thanks

Are you using a custom theme?

Yes, I am using the Babylon Theme, but if I switch to another theme, it does not work either.
thanks for your help!

fotografo74

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 22, 2009, 01:02:15 AM
Quote from: fotografo74 on February 22, 2009, 12:33:03 AM
Thanks .HuNTeR. for this Mod!
I have a problem: istallation is ok...i write my shout but nothing shows...users online is = 0 ....
Helps please?
Antonio

What version of SMF are you using?
Do you have a custom theme?
Did you get a clean install of this Intergration MOD version 2.5 without any errors?
I use SMF2 RC1, default theme, installation without any errors, fresh install of SMF 2RC1
I've uploaded chat folder...it's ok...but nothing shout!
www.macroforum.org/forum/index.php
Login
test
test1234

d0brin

Hey i Installed the AJAX Script on SMF 1.1.8, ran the Install.PHP file and than it said to delete it. And after that when i went to the index.php file of the chat it is showing me this error (from the picture). Why is that and can i fix it? Pls help

mrtrc266

@ fotografo74 & d0brin  is your site set to UTF-8? If so change it to english and see if that helps.

Also, did you check your permissions?

mrtrc266

Quote from: euroro on February 22, 2009, 04:43:06 AM
But I do not see a Button on main forum page.
What went wrong?

No button even on the default theme and it installed clean?

d0brin

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 22, 2009, 09:15:18 AM
@ fotografo74 & d0brin  is your site set to UTF-8? If so change it to english and see if that helps.

How to know is it UTF-8 or english? and how to change it?

UkGangsta

admin>server settings it should be in there

d0brin

Default Forum Language is set to English ( I mean it was set English and before so....it is not working ) any other ideas?

d0brin

Hey i kind of understand form html and php (php less) anyway.... i was going trou the phpo code of the Ajax Chat and i saw this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="bg" lang="bg" dir="ltr">

It is in encoding UTF-8, maybe my forum should too? But if it has too the forum doesnt have UTF-8 it is only english.

d0brin

No problems i Fixed it :) I just made the PHP document to be reparesed as HTML document.

crypt

sprntrcr

Great package.  Installation went as smooth as could be and it is working great.  The forum members really like it.

I have one minor problem that is actually a real annoyance that I'm hoping someone can help me with.   When the ShoutBox is minimized using the button in the left corner,  it is not persisted like when you minimize the header box or a board.   As soon as you go to another page page, the ShoutBox maximizes again. 

This is really bothering my members that don't care to be part of the chat. They don't mind having to minimize the ShoutBox once, but every time is unacceptable and I understand that.  Does anyone else see this problem and/or have any suggestions how to fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fotografo74

Quote from: d0brin on February 22, 2009, 12:34:40 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 22, 2009, 09:15:18 AM

How to know is it UTF-8 or english? and how to change it?
hi,
the permission are ok, i'm admin and shout not shows. Language is english but not UTF-8.
thanks!

tripl3r

Installed fined etc but isnt working i get:
ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 404

can anyone tell me why?

blacko

Hi there,

I'm kind of having a problem with my shoutbox.
If a user leaves a message, and another user replies like 2 minutes after that, the first user is not reading it. I believe it has to do with the session time?

And I have a question as well, maybe one of you guys can help me out.
My homepage is blocked for visitors (they only see the login), but when i set the shoutbox to all pages, it shows above the login :s . How do I make it appear when the user logs in only? (i mean, i don't want it to show in the homepage).

THANKSSS IN ADVANCE

mrtrc266

Quote from: blacko on February 23, 2009, 08:33:50 AM
Hi there,

I'm kind of having a problem with my shoutbox.
If a user leaves a message, and another user replies like 2 minutes after that, the first user is not reading it. I believe it has to do with the session time?

In your /chat/lib/config.php find
// Minutes until a user is declared inactive (last status update) - the minimum is 2 minutes:

And right below that change the settings to what you'd like.

QuoteAnd I have a question as well, maybe one of you guys can help me out.
My homepage is blocked for visitors (they only see the login), but when i set the shoutbox to all pages, it shows above the login :s . How do I make it appear when the user logs in only? (i mean, i don't want it to show in the homepage).

The quests can see the shoutbox without being loggen in but if you change your permissions for quests they won't be able to see the shouts. Hope that help.

mrtrc266

Quote from: fotografo74 on February 23, 2009, 01:32:21 AM
the permission are ok, i'm admin and shout not shows. Language is english but not UTF-8.
thanks!

Did you get this sorted?

fotografo74

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 23, 2009, 09:37:17 AM
thanks!

Did you get this sorted?
I set now to UTF-8 but still not shows...

mrtrc266

Quote from: fotografo74 on February 23, 2009, 09:44:30 AM
thanks!

Did you get this sorted?

I just went to your site and another thing I noticed is that you can't log out of the chat room. I'm not sure what's causing the prob, maybe something went awry during the install?

I would start from scratch and try to reinstall.

Set your forum back to English (and leave it at English), uninstall the Intergration Mod and delete the entire /chat folder and drop these table from from your Cpanel/phpMyAdmin

ajax_chat_bans 
ajax_chat_invitations       
ajax_chat_messages
ajax_chat_online 

Reinstall this version of ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz

And then the Intergration MOD Version 2.5. Give that a shot and see if it helps.

fotografo74

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 23, 2009, 10:27:59 AM
Quote from: fotografo74 on February 23, 2009, 09:44:30 AM
thanks!

Did you get this sorted?

I just went to your site and another thing I noticed is that you can't log out of the chat room. I'm not sure what's causing the prob, maybe something went awry during the install?

I would start from scratch and try to reinstall.

Set your forum back to English (and leave it at English), uninstall the Intergration Mod and delete the entire /chat folder and drop these table from from your Cpanel/phpMyAdmin

ajax_chat_bans 
ajax_chat_invitations       
ajax_chat_messages
ajax_chat_online 

Reinstall this version of ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz

And then the Intergration MOD Version 2.5. Give that a shot and see if it helps.

Ok, i try now
Thanks!

Advertisement: