AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonjess

Hello.. help me please..

I was tried to install the AjaxChat Integration mod inside my forum [SMF 1.1.8 + AjaxChat 0.8.1.2], I found some error / incompatible report when I start to install the mod, since I pushed the install button, there're no thing with my forum anymore [blank]. what happen with this, and how to get my forum back..?

attached my last record of screen

here the forum address: hxxp:forum.sml125.cc/ [nonactive]

many thanks for your help

mrtrc266

Quote from: gonjess on February 25, 2009, 04:33:58 PM
Hello.. help me please..

I was tried to install the AjaxChat Integration mod inside my forum [SMF 1.1.8 + AjaxChat 0.8.1.2], I found some error / incompatible report when I start to install the mod, since I pushed the install button, there're no thing with my forum anymore [blank]. what happen with this, and how to get my forum back..?

attached my last record of screen

here the forum address: http://forum.sml125.cc/

many thanks for your help

Uhg!!! have you tried doing the manual edits for this MOD?

MG Braden

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I was following the steps in this and got stalled at the install stage.  This is what it's showing:

Warning: main(/cgi-bin/lib/custom.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/e/s/p/espan1/html/forum/chat/install.php on line 17

Warning: main(/cgi-bin/lib/custom.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/e/s/p/espan1/html/forum/chat/install.php on line 17

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/cgi-bin/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/e/s/p/espan1/html/forum/chat/install.php on line 17

The forum is at hxxp:espan-rwa.com/forum/ [nonactive]  So I'm a bit confused about the path it's wanting to take here.  Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

mrtrc266

Quote from: MG Braden on February 25, 2009, 06:58:34 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I was following the steps in this and got stalled at the install stage.  This is what it's showing:
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/cgi-bin/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/e/s/p/espan1/html/forum/chat/install.php on line 17

The forum is at espan-rwa.com/forum/  So I'm a bit confused about the path it's wanting to take here.  Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Did you install the AJAX Chat exactly like this?

Download ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz

Unzip the package and via your FTP copy the whole chat folder in your root directory and then point your browser to yourforum/chat/install.php

And when you're done be sure to delete the install.php

Then you would install this AJAX Chat Intergration MOD Version 2.5

MG Braden

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 07:15:04 PM

Did you install the AJAX Chat exactly like this?

Download hxxp:sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=214758&use_mirror=&filename=ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz&70178931 [nonactive]

Unzip the package and via your FTP copy the whole chat folder in your root directory and then point your browser to yourforum/chat/install.php

And when you're done be sure to delete the install.php

Then you would install this AJAX Chat Intergration MOD Version 2.5

Yes, I followed that exactly.  I haven't even been able to get to the installation of the Chat Integration because I'm getting the error on the install.  I'm thinking it may be time to try a different chat.  :-(

mrtrc266

That's odd, after you unzip ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz you should just be able to copy the whole chat folder to your root directory and then point your browser to http://www.espan-rwa.com/forum/chat/install.php and it should work fine???

gonjess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 04:41:28 PM

yes I have before I tried to automatic install, what do you suggest to change back..?

mrtrc266

Quote from: gonjess on February 25, 2009, 10:55:32 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 04:41:28 PM

yes I have before I tried to automatic install, what do you suggest to change back..?

Attatch the following files and I'll take a look

/Sources/BoardIndex.php
/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
/Themes/default/index.template.php

gonjess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 11:05:43 PM

Attatch the following files and I'll take a look

/Sources/BoardIndex.php
/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
/Themes/default/index.template.php

here are the files, thanks in advance bro...

mrtrc266

Looks like you got it restored ???

gonjess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 11:33:18 PM

yes I've got restored it since the problem has come..

should I check the database before...??

mrtrc266

Quote from: gonjess on February 25, 2009, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 11:33:18 PM

yes I've got restored it since the problem has come..

should I check the database before...??

If you want to try AJAX Chat and this Intergration MOD again go ahead and drop these tables from your cPanel myPhpAdmin

ajax_chat_bans 
ajax_chat_invitations       
ajax_chat_messages
ajax_chat_online 

And then....

Download ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz

When you're done be sure to delete the install.php

Then install this AJAX Chat Intergration MOD Version 2.5

If you get errors again when you hit "Apply Mod" DO NOT Proceed. Post back here with the errors and we will take it from there.

gonjess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 11:42:57 PM

If you want to try AJAX Chat and this Intergration MOD again go ahead and drop these tables from your cPanel myPhpAdmin

ajax_chat_bans 
ajax_chat_invitations       
ajax_chat_messages
ajax_chat_online 

And then....

Download hxxp:sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=214758&use_mirror=&filename=ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz&70178931 [nonactive]

When you're done be sure to delete the install.php

Then install this AJAX Chat Intergration MOD Version 2.5

If you get errors again when you hit "Apply Mod" DO NOT Proceed. Post back here with the errors and we will take it from there.

I've doing both procedure, and re-check all modified files too.. but the forum still can not open till now [blank page only]
it confused me, do you have any suggest for other problem may be..?

mrtrc266

Can you take your forum out of maintanence mode?

gonjess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 26, 2009, 12:10:07 AM
Can you take your forum out of maintanence mode?

yes I have take my forum out of maintenance mode
still blank to the main page  :(

mrtrc266

Hmmmm....Sorry but I have no idea and it's especially hard when I can't read a single word LOL. I see that your site is up so I'm not sure what you mean by "blank page."

Sorry I can't be of more help on this. :(

gonjess

yes, itsup now, ok many thanks bro.. I will review both changed settings

kind regards from Indonesia...  ;D

mrtrc266

Quote from: gonjess on February 26, 2009, 12:40:57 AM
yes, itsup now, ok many thanks bro.. I will review both changed settings

kind regards from Indonesia...  ;D

Phew, I'm glad you got it sorted. When you get back to installing the chat and intergration MOD I. Follow the steps above. I hope it goes well cuz this is a great feature for your site. :)

gonjess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 26, 2009, 12:46:15 AM
Phew, I'm glad you got it sorted. When you get back to installing the chat and intergration MOD I. Follow the steps above. I hope it goes well cuz this is a great feature for your site. :)

yes I will, thank you for now I must repair my forum first because the 'home' page still can not up... I only can working from admin area.. :)

MG Braden

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 25, 2009, 08:20:11 PM
That's odd, after you unzip ajax_chat-0.8.1.2_SMF.tar.gz you should just be able to copy the whole chat folder to your root directory and then point your browser to hxxp:www.espan-rwa.com/forum/chat/install.php [nonactive] and it should work fine???

I know, it just didn't like it for some reason.  It's not like the instructions were hard or anything, but for some reason it just wouldn't work.  Thanks, anyway, for responding.  I went ahead and installed FlashChat and that's working fine for me.

Advertisement: