News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe N

Hiya

Is there a way to say on top of the forum after it says how many users in chat. Is there a way to show the names of the people in the chat?

Joe
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

mrtrc266

@discjocke
Glad I could help. Yes that is the default theme and any MOD should work with that theme, as long as you don't get any errors on install. If you do get errors or need to install on a custom theme the Package Parser is a life saver :D

@WBA Dude
You mean you want to the top of your forum to display the info like on the bottom for you forum in the "Users Online" Section?

Try this and see if this is what you're looking for.

YourForum/Themes/YourTheme/index.template.php

Find

Nevermind that didn't work very well LOL

Will keep trying though ;)

Joe N

Will that say which users are in chat?

Joe N

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 15, 2009, 01:12:57 PM
Quote from: WBA Dude on March 15, 2009, 01:10:22 PM
Will that say which users are in chat?

Check it out here http://monsters-mansion.com/test118/index.php

Username: test
Password: testuser

Could you help me with that

I am rubbish with FTP

Joe

discjocke

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 15, 2009, 11:53:59 AM
Quote from: discjocke on March 14, 2009, 05:33:25 PM

It is easier to install the Chat Mod via the Package Manager. Unforunately when Mods are created they are only made to be installed on the default theme becuase there are TONS of themes out there, it would be impossible to the Author to have it install on EVERY theme made.

You can use a Package Parser to view what edits that need to be done to your files for your custom theme. After you install the MOD put the same Mod in the Package Parser and select the version of SMF you are running and select "Only Theme edits (editing a theme to support a mod)"

It will show you exactly where the code goes and what to do with it, replace, add after, add before, etc. Once again what you see in the Parser might be a little different than what's in your file cuz it's "custom." This should get you going in the right direction.

Of course be sure to back up the 2 or 3 files you edit, after you play around with it if you still can't get it going you can attatch your files here along with a link to your theme and I or someone will take a look. I'll be back after work.

This is what I got, when I tried to install AjaxChat_Integration via package manager. 

"Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php     Test failed

Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php            Test failed

Now do I go into those files and edit them, before I try the download again?

mrtrc266

@discjocke

1. Make backups of those files

2. Edit the files according to the Package Parser

3. Proceed with install (ignore the errors)

4. Upload the files that you edited.

discjocke

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 15, 2009, 01:35:08 PM
@discjocke

1. Make backups of those files

2. Edit the files according to the Package Parser

3. Proceed with install (ignore the errors)

4. Upload the files that you edited.

I went into Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php and it says below:

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
   if (!empty($context['users_online']))
      echo '
                     ', $txt[140], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

But parser says to look for:

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
   if (!empty($context['users_online']))
      echo '
                     ', $txt[140], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

echo '
                     <br />

If you see where it says (below) isn't in the Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php to replace it.

echo ' 
                                                        <br />

mrtrc266

Attatch your BoardIndex.template.php please. I have to go in about 10 minutes, will try to get to it.

discjocke

I just checked another indentical directory (Boardindex) which is in my CPanel directory, and it shows exactly as the one that has to be replaced.

I had issues of not having access to my admin section in my forum. I had techs from my host fix it, by putting it before the old forum directory (Forum1). Here's what my CPanel directory looks like. That actual one that's not being used is (Forum1) as far as I know, but has the correct Boardindex file that has to be replaced:

forum      (Default Forum directory)

attachments

home

mgal_data

Packages

Smileys

Sources

Themes

(forum1)           (Original forum directory)

attachments

gallery

home

mgal_data

Packages

Smileys

Sources

Themes

Version: 1.1; BoardIndex file

trevor_olson

I've installed this mod but cannot get it to work.

I get this error message when I click the chat button

hxxp:i163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/catfishjoe/Untitled-1copy-14.jpg [nonactive]

any clue as to how to get it to work?

reeldragon

Hello,

I have installed the mod but is dont see the shoutbox. A have set permissions and enable shoutbox. The chat works fine but is dont see the shoutbox can you help me please. Ik have smf 2.0 rc1

greetz bazzie

mrtrc266

@ discjocke
Attatched is your BoardIndex.template.php file

put it in the following directory.....   yourforum/Themes/default/

When you goto your site does it say http://yoursite/forum/ or http://yoursite/forum1/ ? Whatever you see in the URL is the live site.

@trevor_olson
that seems to be an error from your host/server. I think you might need to contact them to get assistance.

@reeldragon
Are you using a custom theme?

reeldragon

Hi I am using EDSO Theme Cadosoas

2.0 rc1

look here:            hxxp:www.basenjill.nl/forum [nonactive]

greetz reeldragon

mrtrc266

@ reeldragon

You need use a Package Parser to do the edits for your custom theme.

.HuNTeR.

@SunKing
i checked your site
you should give chat access permission to i check the chat
and shoutbox seems disabled too

deZio

Quote from: fotografo74 on March 10, 2009, 01:49:39 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 10, 2009, 11:45:16 AM
Not sure if I understood the problem 100% but...

The permission settings should be in Admin/Members/Permissions/ select the group you want to have permissions and check "Access to chat" in the General Category.

Anyone who has Admin or Moderator rights on your forum should automatically have Moderator rights in the Chat.

If you're saying that you don't have the "Access to chat" checkbox in your permission settings then, hmmmm, are you using a custom theme?
Thanks for your support and sorry for my poor english :-(
I have selected right permission, sure, and regular members, admin and moderators have access to chat, it's ok.
But regular members can delete post of other regular members...it's ok this ?
I.e: i'm regular member and i access to chat...i write message...you are regular member and you can delete my message!!!

Thanks!
Antonio
Any solution for this? I have same problem on my forum(2.0 RC1)

[unplugged]

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on March 16, 2009, 10:45:35 AM
@SunKing
i checked your site
you should give chat access permission to i check the chat
and shoutbox seems disabled too

I just double-checked, re-added, and checked again.  ;D
Everyone should have access and everything should be enabled.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Lotti

Quote from: deZio on March 16, 2009, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: fotografo74 on March 10, 2009, 01:49:39 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 10, 2009, 11:45:16 AM
Not sure if I understood the problem 100% but...

The permission settings should be in Admin/Members/Permissions/ select the group you want to have permissions and check "Access to chat" in the General Category.

Anyone who has Admin or Moderator rights on your forum should automatically have Moderator rights in the Chat.

If you're saying that you don't have the "Access to chat" checkbox in your permission settings then, hmmmm, are you using a custom theme?
Thanks for your support and sorry for my poor english :-(
I have selected right permission, sure, and regular members, admin and moderators have access to chat, it's ok.
But regular members can delete post of other regular members...it's ok this ?
I.e: i'm regular member and i access to chat...i write message...you are regular member and you can delete my message!!!

Thanks!
Antonio
Any solution for this? I have same problem on my forum(2.0 RC1)
Same here, on 1.1.8

discjocke

mrtrc266, I edited both files and applied mod via the package manager and followed your instructions.

Here's an issue that the CPanel techs from my host (Siteground) couldn't figure out and fix.

1) After initially clearing out anything having to do with "Chat" from before, even a "Chat" folder I had in the forum directory, the buttons on menu in the forum still have the word "Chat" twice on the buttons section. When I click on them, even after editing and applying the mod just now, I get this error message, and there are no settings buttons in features and options in my admin section.

I think I made one error though. Should I have made a "Chat" folder in my forum directory before applying the mod via package manager? I totally forgot about that. 

I did find the mod zip file in the "packages" folder, in my forum directory tree, but can't find it anywhere else.

Now the current "Chat" buttons I told you about, when I press them, I get this error message:

"If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

* Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755.

In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
    * Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file.

Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings"

Now here's the strange part. I have a test login. When I use it to log into my forum the "Chat" words don't appear in the menu buttons. I'm the only one to see them. None of my members see it. Only when I'm logged in as admin can I see them on the menu bar.

I did a search initially within the entire directory and couldn't find anything in it where I can delete those "Chat" words on buttons. I did the search a few days ago, before I did anything today.

I hope this doesn't confuse you to much. First I'd like to know if I can uninstall the Chat mod, then create a "Chat" folder, then try to reinstall the mod.

Second. Before I do this, how can I get rid of the two "Chat" buttons on the menu bar currently showing? I don't understand why I'm the only one that see's them. I haven't been drinking either.  ;D

Advertisement: