AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiveturkey

What were your thoughts on the Pretty URL/htaccess idea? 

mrtrc266

@ Jive, everything seems to be in place this is very odd. I can't remember from previous posts but does your shoutbox work?

@ geminiguy
Attatch these files as well...

Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
Themes/default/index.template.php
Themes/default/style.css

mrtrc266

Quote from: Jiveturkey on March 30, 2009, 10:59:39 AM
What were your thoughts on the Pretty URL/htaccess idea?

I'm not sure I'm not too familiar with that, but from my limited understanding of Pretty URLs yes that could be a possiblity.

mrtrc266

@ Jive it could possibly have something to do with htaccess

Here is a post of another person getting a 404 error
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3034295&forum_id=774132

Jiveturkey

I can get the box to show up by enabling it under features and options.  I can not however get messages to appear in it.

An error briefly popped up in the shoutbox but it went away rather quickly.

I tried disabling Pretty URL's but that didn't help.

Jiveturkey

I think that you're on to something with regards to the htaccess file.  I'm just not sure how to add index.php correctly.

Any thoughts on that?

Jiveturkey

After disabling Pretty URL I got the shoutbox error to stick around.  Pretty much the same thing.

(10:24:03) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 404

clockwork_dandy

I installed the application successfully, and the admin account can access the chat with no issues, but when I try to log in as another user, I get the error:
"You can't access the chat."

mrtrc266

Quote from: Jiveturkey on March 30, 2009, 11:28:35 AM
After disabling Pretty URL I got the shoutbox error to stick around.  Pretty much the same thing.

(10:24:03) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 404

Definately getting close, here is another thread from a user with a similar prob, you can try to play with the solution here or you can probably contact your host and have them do it if your uncomfortable messing with it.
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2811928&forum_id=774132

I gotta run off to work, gl and I'll check back in later.

mrtrc266

Quote from: clockwork_dandy on March 30, 2009, 11:31:09 AM
I installed the application successfully, and the admin account can access the chat with no issues, but when I try to log in as another user, I get the error:

Set the permissions ;)

geminiguy

Here ya go mrtrc266

sorry bout all the copies... posting got messed up, I edited it down

clockwork_dandy

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 30, 2009, 11:33:56 AM
Quote from: clockwork_dandy on March 30, 2009, 11:31:09 AM

Set the permissions ;)

Is that something that has to be done manually, or is it done through the admin panel. I used SMF's package installer to install Ajaxchat. Thanks for your help.

iamme

copy the file folder CHAT it will be in the AJAX folder, paste it into the directory that your forum is in. that's why the 404 is happening, it's directing to the chat file folder being in the main forum directory.

iamme

you have to set permissions in the admin section, it doesn't do it automatically.

clockwork_dandy

Quote from: iamme on March 30, 2009, 01:06:03 PM
you have to set permissions in the admin section, it doesn't do it automatically.

Duh! Thanks for the help.

clockwork_dandy

It's working great now, except that ' and " show up as \' and \". Any way to fix that issue?

Jiveturkey

Quote from: iamme on March 30, 2009, 01:05:15 PM
copy the file folder CHAT it will be in the AJAX folder, paste it into the directory that your forum is in. that's why the 404 is happening, it's directing to the chat file folder being in the main forum directory.
I have the Chat folder and all of it's contents in the SMF directory already.

[unplugged]

No solution for ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0 error yet? I would really like to try this chat/shoutbox out but I am losing hope...
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKing on March 30, 2009, 05:58:12 PM
No solution for ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0 error yet? I would really like to try this chat/shoutbox out but I am losing hope...

Ok after some more digging around I found a couple users who were getting the same error and this seemed to work for them so it won't hurt to try it....fingers crossed.....

Open chat/js/chat.js

Find
            this.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus '+this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
Replace with
            if (this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status != 0) {
               this.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus '+this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
            }

geminiguy

mrtrc266, here are those scripts

Advertisement: