News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

societyofrobots

First, I really like the chat room. But I've run into little issues here and there, some solved:

1)
It refused to install until I changed the filename from:

AjaxChat Integration_3.0..zip
to
AjaxChat_Integration_3.0.zip

2)
I occasionally (but not always) get this error when deleting messages, ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0

3)
I see options for viewing saved log files, but can't figure out how to view them

4)
Whats the likelihood of it being hacked? (an open ended question)

5)
I'm trying to add Adsense:
http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/adsense.php

But I can't figure out in what file and where that code should be added. Putting it into loggedIn.html doesn't seem to be doing anything . . . Ideas?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Enders on May 10, 2009, 02:10:52 AM
Thanks mt! It finally worked!

Phew LOL.... Glad you got it sorted!

mrtrc266

@ amlucnet

What exactly seems to be the problem?

mrtrc266

@ society

1. Glad you got it to upload
2. Connection Status 0 is an undefined error thrown back from your server, should happen rarely
3. Point your browser to yourforum/chat/?view=logs
4. Have never heard or had and issues regarding it being hacked
5. Not sure about the add sense, but you're on the right track it should go in the LoggeIn.html file if you want the add to be placed inside the chatroom

amlucent

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 10, 2009, 10:22:14 AM
@ amlucnet

What exactly seems to be the problem?

When installed together with gwbbcode,  the ajax chat shoutbox simply does not function and the chat room gives this error

Warning: require_once(./gwbbcode/gwbbcode.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gwplaye/public_html/smf2/gwbbcode/gwbbcode.php on line 23

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './gwbbcode/gwbbcode.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gwplaye/public_html/smf2/gwbbcode/gwbbcode.php on line 23

I wish I was a stronger coder...

OntarioAquariaClub

@rickC

Thanks for joining:)

Yes when I installed there were no errors, and no error logs.

TheListener

Are we able to replace some of the smileys?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

yes you can.

go to
/chat/img/emoticons

overwrite any files you wish to replace, make a note of all the file names and make a backup :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

MisterK

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 10, 2009, 01:00:10 AM
Quote from: MisterK on May 09, 2009, 11:40:42 AM
i succesfully instaleed ajax chat but 1 problem after instalation i click on chat but what apeir is just 1 clear page hxxp:www.hun-surprise.com/forum/chat/index.php [nonactive] nothing why ? and what can i do ?

CHMOD your chat/index.php and shoutbox/index.php to 755

Please see this for more help and customizations as well
~~~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~~~

i did all that things but no changes i still dont see nothing

1adam12

After my chat was intalled my members are unable to log hxxp:in.am [nonactive] I missing something?

1adam12

TheListener

Quote from: johncccccc on May 10, 2009, 03:14:58 PM
yes you can.

go to
/chat/img/emoticons

overwrite any files you wish to replace, make a note of all the file names and make a backup :)

The smileys I want are currently all in a folder of their own. Do I ftp the whole folder first?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: TheListener on May 10, 2009, 06:57:55 PM
Quote from: johncccccc on May 10, 2009, 03:14:58 PM
yes you can.

go to
/chat/img/emoticons

The smileys I want are currently all in a folder of their own. Do I ftp the whole folder first?

What I would do is use FTP to download the entire folder as backup, then download your smileys folder, then start renaming your smileys to the same names as the default ones, then simply drag and drop them into the FTP folder where the chat emotions currently are :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

TheListener

So keep the smileys already there as they are but add the new ones?

Sorry John have only done this once before and that was with another smf member via aim.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

ok lol..

download the emotions folder as backup to temp place on ur PC.

open up FTP and open the folder with the smileys in it like this

now, get your smileys and overwrite those ones, you must use the same file name as those ones that are already there

SMF 2.0 RC5

andy40

hi i have been using this for  a while now and it worked great but today i installed Dark theme - red and now the shout box shows but i have no scroll bar in there so when people chat it ends up taking the hole page up until you do a refresh is there anything i can do to fix this please?

TheListener

John does it matter if the emoticons are gifs in my folder?

Enders

1) How do I make a link to all the chat histories?

mrtrc266

Quote from: andy40 on May 10, 2009, 08:10:14 PM
hi i have been using this for  a while now and it worked great but today i installed Dark theme - red and now the shout box shows but i have no scroll bar in there so when people chat it ends up taking the hole page up until you do a refresh is there anything i can do to fix this please?

Add this to the very first line in the style.css for your theme...
@import url(../../chat/css/shoutbox.css);

mrtrc266

Quote from: TheListener on May 10, 2009, 08:23:09 PM
John does it matter if the emoticons are gifs in my folder?

It does not matter what file extentions you use. As John has said you can just upload smileys and name them the same as what's in default emoticon folder.

To actually add more smileys upload to your emoticon folder, then find and edit the following codes in......chat/js/config.js

Find.....These are the commands that will be used to input the smiley, add more as you like, just be sure the last one DOES NOT have the , (comma) at the end.

// Defines the list of allowed emoticon codes:
emoticonCodes: new Array(
  '',
  '',
  '',
  '',
  '',
  ':|',
  ':O',
  ':?',
  '',
  '8o',
  'B)',
  ':-)',
  ':-(',
  '',
  'O:-D',
  '>:-D',
  ')',
  ':idea:',
  ':important:',
  ':help:',
  ':error:',
  ':warning:',
  ':favorite:' 
  ),

Find.......These are the actual smiley files that will be displayed according to the command. Make sure that they are in the same order. Once again watch out for the comma at the end.
// Defines the list of emoticon files associated with the emoticon codes:
emoticonFiles: new Array(
'smile.png',
'sad.png',
'wink.png',
'razz.png',
'grin.png',
'plain.png',
'surprise.png',
'confused.png',
'glasses.png',
'eek.png',