News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

First, mrtrc266 was simply letting you know that he had seen your question, and responded by guiding you to the documentation for the Chat mod. I didn't even know there was documentation on SourceForge and appreciated him directing me to that site.

Second, he is not even the author of this mod. He at one time had questions as well, and eventually took it upon himself to provide that same help to others.

Third, I would imagine (I may be going out on a limb here  ;D) that if he had an answer to your question, he would have provided the solution in his post.

Pipe down and be patient. At least he is trying.

That aside, has anyone come up with a solution to the notification edit? Also, I cannot connect to my Chat/ShoutBox via WAP. It just comes up as a blank page. Any ideas what may be causing this?
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

[unplugged]

Quote from: bluesinjid on May 14, 2009, 06:16:18 PM
Oh i think i know what to do, do i have to make the edit in subs.php for the ''chat'' button of target -blank to make it pop up in a pop up? And if thats is what would i have to do with the chat code to make it popup 800 by 600

'chat' => array(
'title' => $txt['chat'],
'href' => str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl),
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

I have my chat come up in a popup of any size I designate. My "button", however, is not really a button, but a small link in the ShoutBox titlebar. You may be able to manipulate this to your liking, so I have provided the code that I am using. Hope it is of some use to you.

<a href="javascript:window.open(\''.$boardurl.'chat/index.php\',\'Shoutbox\',\'width=600,height=400\');void(0);">View in Popup</a>
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

@ captphilspeople

You're kidding me right? Thank you for the very kind words. Like I said I was just trying to atleast respond to your post giving you place to get started.

I left the house @ 8AM, got home @ 10PM and replied @ 11PM, so yeah it was a quick resopnse cuz I had to get up @ 6AM. Please forgive me for my ambiguous comment. Just trying to give you a place to look at incase you hadn't been there.

It was obvious that I didn't have the answer otherwise I would've given it to you.

Sorry for trying to help in the few moments that I had.

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKing on May 16, 2009, 10:27:48 PM
First, mrtrc266 was simply letting you know that he had seen your question, and responded by guiding you to the documentation for the Chat mod. I didn't even know there was documentation on SourceForge and appreciated him directing me to that site.

Second, he is not even the author of this mod. He at one time had questions as well, and eventually took it upon himself to provide that same help to others.

Third, I would imagine (I may be going out on a limb here  ;D ) that if he had an answer to your question, he would have provided the solution in his post.

Pipe down and be patient. At least he is trying.

TYVM for summing it up SK, yes in a nutshell I was just making sure everyone got replied to and was trying to help.

That aside, has anyone come up with a solution to the notification edit? Also, I cannot connect to my Chat/ShoutBox via WAP. It just comes up as a blank page. Any ideas what may be causing this?

RE: the notification edit, that might me a tough one. I will post a cpl places and see if we can get someone to code it.

RE: WAP, not familiar with it at all and have no idea how it works.
I have a portable device and will play with it to see if it works for me

tfs

Quote from: captphilspeople on May 16, 2009, 02:50:01 PMSo yeah, I was irritated. Why reply and not answer the question. I see this so often in tehc support in the retail software world too. Its a plague. How hard is it to listen or read a question and anser it clearly? You told me nothing definitive or useful at all.

Dang, that's a rude post!  I see it so often in tech support when people call in and treat you like dirt and expect you to take the abuse and.....

In case you haven't noticed, mrtrc266 busts his tail around here.  In fact, there's this little tidbit I just noticed on his sig...

mrtrc266
Support Helper of the Month

Congrats mrtrc266!
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

andy40

hi does anyone know what makes the shout box slow sometimes members are waiting 5 mins for a reply then they get about 10 messages is there  a fix for this ?

TashaElizabeth

Quote from: SunKing on May 11, 2009, 12:12:37 AM
I wanted to point out that the PrettyUrls mod had nothing to do with Jiveturkey's fix. The only mod installed on my test site is AjaxChat 3.0. So anyone else experiencing the Error: Connection status: 0, even if not using PrettyUrls, give this fix a try. Put it in the .htaccess file inside the same folder as the SSI.php is in (the forum root, not necessarily the site root).

I really like the mod so far, but I do see some areas where I may try my hand at adding/tweaking features. ;) I will certainly post any worthy edits back here in this thread. A belated thanks to Jiveturkey for a solution that I just fumbled....hehehe...and a HUGE thank you to mrtrc266 for going above and beyond to try to find some answers. These are the things that make SMF so great. Thanks again.

i dont have an ssi.php file...i am running 1.1.8 of smf; but i do have the Error: Connection status: 0 problem.  not all the time, but occasionally....

Lode

Quote from: andy40 on May 17, 2009, 08:59:28 AM
hi does anyone know what makes the shout box slow sometimes members are waiting 5 mins for a reply then they get about 10 messages is there  a fix for this ?

The problem I experience might be related to it. I use the shoutbox integrated in 1.1.8. After loading a page, the shoutbox is most of the time nicely showing all messages, but they are not updated.

Looking into the issue using Firebug, I noticed that after initialization, the shoutbox is not sending any AJAX requests to the server, until the input field gets the focus (e.g. by clicking the mouse in it).  From that point on, that instance of the shoutbox gets updated nicely (and an AJAX request is being send every 2 seconds).
A reload of the page (e.g. after posting in a topic,etc...) puts it back in the non-responsive state, needing the 'focus' trick to have it working well again.

I looked into some parts of the code to fix it, without success though (I am fairly new to PHP and SMF).

andy40

hi yes thats the same as mine but there must be someway to fix it as other forum i use theres work fine

dzinerfusion

Quote from: SunKing on May 16, 2009, 10:28:15 PM
Quote from: bluesinjid on May 14, 2009, 06:16:18 PM
Oh i think i know what to do, do i have to make the edit in subs.php for the ''chat'' button of target -blank to make it pop up in a pop up? And if thats is what would i have to do with the chat code to make it popup 800 by 600

'chat' => array(
'title' => $txt['chat'],
'href' => str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl),
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

I have my chat come up in a popup of any size I designate. My "button", however, is not really a button, but a small link in the ShoutBox titlebar. You may be able to manipulate this to your liking, so I have provided the code that I am using. Hope it is of some use to you.

<a href="javascript:window.open(\''.$boardurl.'chat/index.php\',\'Shoutbox\',\'width=600,height=400\');void(0);">View in Popup</a>

hm...tried that but doesnt work, too bad because i need a php coed ;( not a html code ???

MaXiMiUS

How can I make it so that only certain membergroups can use the shoutbox? I want ALL membergroups to be able to VIEW the shoutbox, but only certain groups to be able to, you know, SHOUT ;)

Electro-X-

I got 5 test failed while installing this on babylon theme. How to fix it?
My New site - consolexp.com

primetime

I tried doing a search but maybe I did not put the proper search keyword. Is there a way to have the shouts scroll from bottom to top so that thelast shout is at the top of the messages?

Thank you,
Prime

primetime

Does this MOD have the capability to archive chats?

biohazardjoker

i edit that code in my both files in  the chat folder and the shoutbox folder but the people still can erase the messages, please if you can help me i really apreciate becuse i think this is the better chat mod around and belive me i want this mod in my forum.

i do this: but the problem still happend

I find out a solution! 
Open CustomAJAXChat.php and make this changes:
Find:

Código: [Seleccionar]
         if($context['user']['is_admin'])
            $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
         // $context['user']['is_mod'] is always false if no board is loaded.
         // As a workaround we check the permission 'calendar_post'.
         // This is only set to true for global moderators by default:
         elseif(in_array('calendar_post', $user_info['permissions']))
            $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
         else
            $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
Replace with:

Código: [Seleccionar]
         if($context['user']['is_admin'])
            $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
         else
            $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 16, 2009, 12:14:58 AM
@ biohazardjoker, yes that was explained here in the FAQ's

~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

"If your regular members can delete posts in the Chat and Shout it's because you allow them to post Event in your Calendar, the fix for it is HERE"

snazster

Hi,

I can't update to version 3 as I'm heavily modified.  I currently running ajaxchat 0.8.1.2 SMF which is fine and I'm happy.  However, I installed it and amended it over a year ago, and can't remember how I did things.  I can't find the instructions anywhere. 

I want to add different channels - any guidance much appreciated. 

Thanks
We're all here to learn!

TheListener

How many mods do ya have?

I have almost 60 and ajac chat works fine.

snazster

I have about 30, but I've edited templates and other bits too, such as Sources/Load.php. 

This has thrown up some problems.  How do I add a new channel in 0.8.1.2 SMF?  - any advice?
We're all here to learn!

TheListener

Sorry bud no idea. I get nervous enough when in the server via ftp.

Electro-X-

Quote from: Electro-X- on May 18, 2009, 02:40:40 AM
I got 5 test failed while installing this on babylon theme. How to fix it?

Any clue guys?
My New site - consolexp.com

Advertisement: