AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Be right with ya Chatter Box

JCox

If the text isn't showing next to the options it seems you're missing language strings, your theme has it's own languages folder or you're using UTF-8

If your missing strings of your theme has it's own language folder

Open
yourforum/Themes/yourtheme/languages/Modifications.english.php
Add to the bottom of the file

//Begin AjaxChat Integration
$txt['chat'] = 'Chat';
$txt['shoutBox'] = 'ShoutBox';
$txt['chat_aUser'] = ' user is in chat';
$txt['chat_users'] = ' users are in chat:';
$txt['chat_no_user'] = 'No user is in chat.';
$txt['enableShoutBox'] = 'Enable the ShoutBox?';
$txt['enableChatButtonNo'] = 'Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?';
$txt['enableChatBelowPM'] = 'Show online users below total logged in time section?';
$txt['anyPageShoutBox'] = 'Check for ShoutBox on any page or uncheck for only in index page:';
$txt['chatPopUp'] = 'Chat in popup page?';
$txt['miniChat'] = 'Integrate shout box and chat room?';
$txt['permissionname_chat_access'] = 'Access to chat';
$txt['permissionhelp_chat_access'] = 'Users can use the chat or can't.';
$txt['permissionname_shout_access'] = 'Use shoutBox';
$txt['permissionhelp_shout_access'] = 'Give access to use the shoutBox';
$txt['permissiongroup_chat'] = 'Chat';
//End AjaxChat Integration

If you're using  UTF-8

Open and add the same code to
yourforum/Themes/yourtheme/languages/Modifications.english.utf8.php

For your 500 Error via FTP CHMOD the yourforum/chat/index.php to 755 and to the same for yourforum/shoutbox/index.php

mrtrc266

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on May 27, 2009, 06:48:54 PM
Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on May 27, 2009, 04:05:57 PM
Hey to limit the shoutbox messages doesn't seem to work in the shoutbox>lib>config.php I put it for 1 message per each minute but would love it 1 message per each 5 minutes. I don't have my shoutbox and chat integrated together. I want the chat normal but the shoutbox limited.

Any ideas on this one mrtrc266?

You mean you only want to allow 1 message every 5 minutes?

victoryrock

This is great! 

My only question is the channels...how or where do you change that sort of thing?  I have like a million channels and would like to bring that down to a couple.

And why have the channels anyways when you just shows up on the shoutbox in the forum?

Maybe I don't fully understand it all?  Can I disable the shoutbox and only have the pop up room?

Thanks again!

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 27, 2009, 05:16:47 PM

You are all set Victory.....ENJOY!  ;)

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 27, 2009, 07:16:03 PM
Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on May 27, 2009, 06:48:54 PM
Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on May 27, 2009, 04:05:57 PM
Hey to limit the shoutbox messages doesn't seem to work in the shoutbox>lib>config.php I put it for 1 message per each minute but would love it 1 message per each 5 minutes. I don't have my shoutbox and chat integrated together. I want the chat normal but the shoutbox limited.

Any ideas on this one mrtrc266?

You mean you only want to allow 1 message every 5 minutes?

Yes but the word limiter doesn't seem to work at all. the line in config.php

// Defines the max number of messages a user may send per minute:
$config['maxMessageRate'] = 1;

Even with the above code set like that in both the chat and shoutbox people can post as much as they want. (I want chat left alone but the shoutbox to be limited to 1 message max every 5 minutes)
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

mrtrc266

@victoryrock

No problem....glad you're liking it.

Yes you can remove the Channels

Open.....yourforum/chat/lib/config.php
Find

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = null;

And replace with the code below and just change the numbers to the number of the boards for the boards you want to have as channels

EXAMPLE: If "General Discussion" was board #1 This would make it so ONLY General Discussion would appear in the channel list. (to check the board # click on the board and look at the # at the end of the URL)

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = array(1);

To disable the ShoutBox go to Admin/Features and Options/Basic Setting and uncheck "Enable Shoutbox"

mrtrc266

Chatterbox, I'm messing with it now and I can't get it to work either...are your members able to type as much as they want? You might be able to type as much as you want cuz your admin.

JCox

Okay, I fixed the 500 error code. When I changed the Modifications.english.php it die not do anything. When I changed the UTF-8, I got an error when I went to my page. I'll mess with it later. I didn't do the change using FTP, I used a text editor. I'll go back in and use FTP. How do I know when file I'm using UTF or Regular?

victoryrock

@ mrtc266

Everythings working just great! 

Last thing though...is it easy to modify the template so that it lists who is in the Chat also in the top header?  You know where it says "1 User in Chat"?

If not, no big deal.  It just bypasses always scrolling down to the bottom of the screen.

v

mrtrc266

Victory I've tried that before but failed LOL. The members will just have to jump into chat to see who's in there  :P  Or like you said scroll down to the bottom.

I play around with it some more and see if we can get it to show the names of the users in chat on the top.

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 27, 2009, 07:53:01 PM
Chatterbox, I'm messing with it now and I can't get it to work either...are your members able to type as much as they want? You might be able to type as much as you want cuz your admin.

I will test it now
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!

victoryrock

No big deal, I just thought you might have done it before.

And what's with the Roll Dice thingy...?

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 27, 2009, 08:34:22 PM
Victory I've tried that before but failed LOL. The members will just have to jump into chat to see who's in there  :P  Or like you said scroll down to the bottom.

I play around with it some more and see if we can get it to show the names of the users in chat on the top.

@ mrtrc266
Nope normal members can still post more then 1 a min

@ Victory
You can remove it in the codes. either fully delete the roll dice lines or put "//" infront of the lines that contain that stuff
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

mrtrc266

@JCox
You fixed the 500 error, so now the shoutbox and chat are working?

Editing the Modifications.english-utf8.php shouldn't make your forum not work...put the code from above right above....

?>

@ Victory, the dice roll is just for fun or for people who use RPG Games

@ Chatter Box...not sure...will have to play with it later.

JCox

Not exactly sure what the shout box is unless that's the box at the top of the forum. If so, yes. It's working. Let me go back and play with the english.php in the FTP.

mrtrc266

Yes the shoutbox is what's on the top of your forum...vs. the actual chat room.

TheListener

Quote from: JCox on May 27, 2009, 08:50:59 PM
Not exactly sure what the shout box is unless that's the box at the top of the forum. If so, yes. It's working. Let me go back and play with the english.php in the FTP.

Don't forget to SHOUT

excon

Quote from: excon on May 27, 2009, 03:51:39 AM
Hi guys,
is there any way i can clear the error log for this mod?
Thanks..

please help me on this.. my error log is about 87MB and it is eating a lot of space..

thanks in advance.

@ mrtrc266
Ok sounds good I will wait for you to figure it out later ...

SunKing and I had a question as far as the censor goes. His chat is integrated while mine is not. With the censor setup in both shoutbox and chat files his works in the chat but not in the shoutbox(with integrated chat/shoutbox). While mine works in the shoutbox but not in the chat (with non-integrated shoutbox/chat). Didn't know if you could play with this also and see where the problem was.

@JCox
Yes the shoutbox is the Chat area at the top of the forum (not the one you have to click on the tab to open, thats the chat)

@ excon
Do you mean the error log on the forum. If so you can hit remove all but first post here what the errors are.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JCox

I just need to confirm. I need to add that code to BOTH UTF-8 and the Modifications.english.php. They way you have it above is a little confusing.

mrtrc266

Quote from: JCox on May 27, 2009, 09:12:04 PM
I just need to confirm. I need to add that code to BOTH UTF-8 and the Modifications.english.php. They way you have it above is a little confusing.

Yes go ahead and add it to both

Advertisement: