News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCK

It worked!!! Thank you sooo very much! Amazing response. Most appreciated,

mrtrc266

WOOOHOOOO! Glad that worked for ya...enjoy the Mod :)

Krandall

Question.

Is it possible to make the shoutbox only appear on a certain board vs. being on the index for the entire site?

With the other chat app I had, I had coded before the shout code in the index.template.php this:

global $board;

if(isset($board) && $board==21 || $board==22 || $board==23 || $board==24 || $board==32 || $board==33 || $board==55) {

global $txt,$context,$boarddir;

With the #'s representing which boards I wanted the shout to show on.

-Randy

MCK

Most appreciated. Owe you big time.

mrtrc266

@ Krandall

I wish this had that feature like Hack Park but unfortunately it's only on the Board Index or ALL pages

[unplugged]

It can be implemented just as you have it as long as you envelope the main ajaxchat function inside that code.

Something like:

global $board;

if(isset($board) && $board==21 || $board==22 || $board==23 || $board==24 || $board==32 || $board==33 || $board==55) {

whatever_the_main_ajax_finction_is();

}

The ajaxchat function resides inside the if (isset($board)) { ... } part. Hope that moves you in the right direction anyway. ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

I totally misunderstood the question....this would be awesome though.

Enable the Shoutbox on certain "Actions"

Hack's Park you could enable the Shoutbx to appear on certain pages...something like forum, arcade, etc.

This would be a great tweak is anyone is interested ;)

TheListener

Dont tempt me bud. You and Sun have been busy enough helping this old fusspot as it is.   :D

[unplugged]

hehehe No worries....

I have already added the "Show Only On Certain Boards" tweak to my ever-growing todo list.  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKing on May 28, 2009, 12:01:01 AM
hehehe No worries....

I have already added the "Show Only On Certain Boards" tweak to my ever-growing todo list.  :P

LOL Thanks SK I'm glad someone knows what the hell they're doing :P

TheListener

me too. specially when it comes to banners and arcades.  ;D

rmcworking

Hi all Im new to this but intalled this mod on smf 1.1.8 that was working great, and the mod works for me fine but any users that log on now get logged off if they try to post or click anything and only me as administrator can see the shoutbox or chat even when other users are logged on and ive been through all the permissions options ect... when i remove the mod my smf works fine and ppl dont get logged out and can post ??? whats going on? plzzz help!

BinaryNinja

Hi,
running on 1.1.9 and allowed guests is set to true but when you try to log in it says You cant access the chat?

Also, I am the only one who can access the chat.
Other registered users of my board can't even if they are using their forum credentials!

Help!

MCK

Hi, I removed the AjaxChat using the Admin console but I still see its setting fields on the configuration area. What can I do to make sure its all removed? Thanks

mrtrc266

Quote from: BinaryNinja on May 28, 2009, 08:01:52 AM
Hi,
running on 1.1.9 and allowed guests is set to true but when you try to log in it says You cant access the chat?

Other registered users of my board can't even if they are using their forum credentials!

Help!

Be sure to set you permissions

mrtrc266

Quote from: MCK on May 28, 2009, 08:37:48 AM
Hi, I removed the AjaxChat using the Admin console but I still see its setting fields on the configuration area. What can I do to make sure its all removed? Thanks

Since your Load.php file had the code in there twice it seems that the Mod was installed twice. Use a Package Parser to manually remove the code. Then reinstall it again and it should be fine.

Of course make backups of the files you edit.

MCK

Thanks for that pointer. This is clear and even I should be ok to follow through. Re backups... Lesson learned! Thanks once again for bailing me out!  :)

BinaryNinja

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 28, 2009, 09:19:05 AM
Quote from: BinaryNinja on May 28, 2009, 08:01:52 AM
Hi,

Help!

Be sure to set you permissions

If you mean for the index.php files, I have set them to 755.
Otherwise, which permissions do you mean?

mrtrc266

I mean your permissions in your admin panel

Admin/Permissions/[Select Membergroup] and check "Access to Shout" and "Access to Chat"

Mack450

This doesnt work for 1.1.9?
www.atvsector.com