AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pure Anthems

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 17, 2009, 03:34:52 PM
Quote from: Youngiiie on June 17, 2009, 11:45:31 AM
Hi guys...

Is there a way to show bot messages for a limited time then either delete them or fade them out - so make them last 5-10 seconds?

Is there a setting for this?
I do not believe atm there is a feature like this. A fading system would have to be scripted in and it might take a little work. Maybe sometime we all can take a crack at something like this. Maybe I would even use that feature myself on some of the messages that are displayed by the bot.

Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 03:34:01 PM
I'm very confused... where do you download the files for the mod? I tried to download from Ajax but it says corrupted/invalid file...

:(
This link works fine for me:
AjaxChat Integration_3.2.zip

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for!!!

:D

Pure Anthems

Sorry to be a bother again, but I don't understand what the query table thing is or how to do it! Would someone be able to help me?

Thanks!

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 05:18:01 PM
Sorry to be a bother again, but I don't understand what the query table thing is or how to do it! Would someone be able to help me?

Thanks!

Can you use more detail to point me in the right direction. I guess I am confused myself of what you mean.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

Pure Anthems

Sure, sorry. At the end of the tutorial on the mod, it talks about the table_1.1.X.php file, and that you have to manually run the queries. I'm not sure where to put the table file, or how to run the queries.

Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 05:29:35 PM
Sure, sorry. At the end of the tutorial on the mod, it talks about the table_1.1.X.php file, and that you have to manually run the queries. I'm not sure where to put the table file, or how to run the queries.

Well if you use the package installer and it installs with no errors it should do this automatically for you. If you are installing the mod manually then you will have to go into your phpmyadmin and add those all through your SQL.

Which way are you installing this mod?
What SMF Version are you using?
And did you download v3.2 or v3.0 for this mod?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!

Pure Anthems

I was halfway through manually installing it, but then I uploaded it via package manager when you mentioned it. It doesn't work with my theme though, unfortunately!

TheListener

Can someone remind an old forgetful what an error 500 is please.

Thanks

Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 06:01:22 PM
I was halfway through manually installing it, but then I uploaded it via package manager when you mentioned it. It doesn't work with my theme though, unfortunately!

You should undo what ever manual installs you did and upload and install via the package installer for the default theme (that way most of the files and also all the database edits are done and setup). Then just go back and parse it and edit only the files that your custom theme is using that does not run off the default ones (IE: template files and such). This way everything gets installed and setup and then it is easier to get it up and running for your custom theme. All mods you install you should do this way it makes life alot easier when it comes to installing mods.

Quote from: TheListener on June 17, 2009, 06:12:28 PM
Can someone remind an old forgetful what an error 500 is please.

Thanks

Its the 755 permissions for the chat file not being set to 755. So you need to go and adjust the files permissions and set to 755. (See the quote below)

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 19, 2009, 12:03:37 AM
If you get a 500 Connection error you might have to set your file permissions as well.
There are 2 folder for the AJAX Chat Intergration Mod "Chat" and "Shoutbox".
For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 "Folders" are set @ 755 and all "Files" are set @ 666.
You might have to change the index.php in your chat and shoutbox folder to 755.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Pure Anthems

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 17, 2009, 06:13:40 PM
Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 06:01:22 PM

You should undo what ever manual installs you did and upload and install via the package installer for the default theme (that way most of the files and also all the database edits are done and setup). Then just go back and parse it and edit only the files that your custom theme is using that does not run off the default ones (IE: template files and such). This way everything gets installed and setup and then it is easier to get it up and running for your custom theme. All mods you install you should do this way it makes life alot easier when it comes to installing mods.

Sorry to keep sounding so stupid lol... but would that be all the files that say themes/template? What changes would I make? I'm so backwards when it comes to php stuff haha! I've never gone past html!

:lol

Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 06:23:59 PM
Sorry to keep sounding so stupid lol... but would that be all the files that say themes/template? What changes would I make? I'm so backwards when it comes to php stuff haha! I've never gone past html!

well your theme (depending on the theme) only runs off different /theme/  files. But not all it shares some. You would have to know which ones it runs off by itself and doesn't share with the default theme and whatever files runs alone (non sharing) and if those are same name files that this mod makes edits to in the default file then those are the files you need to manually edit in your custom theme.

Way to check and see what files is running alone just open that custom theme's folder and look what is in there /theme/customtheme/   and see whats in that location.

As far as uninstalling ... if you got through half way manually installing yes unfortunately I would suggest fully undoing all that and installing the mod through the package installer to the default theme so you and we know it is installed properly. After that we can move onto making the necessary edits to the custom theme for it to work there.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Pure Anthems

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 17, 2009, 06:32:20 PM
Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 06:23:59 PM

well your theme (depending on the theme) only runs off different /theme/  files. But not all it shares some. You would have to know which ones it runs off by itself and doesn't share with the default theme and whatever files runs alone (non sharing) and if those are same name files that this mod makes edits to in the default file then those are the files you need to manually edit in your custom theme.

Way to check and see what files is running alone just open that custom theme's folder and look what is in there /theme/customtheme/   and see whats in that location.

As far as uninstalling ... if you got through half way manually installing yes unfortunately I would suggest fully undoing all that and installing the mod through the package installer to the default theme so you and we know it is installed properly. After that we can move onto making the necessary edits to the custom theme for it to work there.

Thanks, I did all you said - I changed the files back, uploaded it via package manager but there are now two chat buttons on the navbar, it says 1 user online four times at the bottom, and there is no chat on the homepage...

I think I broke it...

Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 06:43:56 PM
Thanks, I did all you said - I changed the files back, uploaded it via package manager but there are now two chat buttons on the navbar, it says 1 user online four times at the bottom, and there is no chat on the homepage...

I think I broke it...

It is because somewhere you did not remove what you installed fully (talking about what you manually installed). What has happened that is causing multiple displays is it installed more then once. Sounds like either you didn't fully remove all the manual install edits you did or you accidentally installed it multiple times with the package installer. You need to use the parse and double check all those files in the areas you edited it and where it is trying to install. Make sure that there is no codes from this mod in there more then once (somewhere it is obviously in there more then once that is how it is causing that). 

Go ahead and complete this step double checking over the files (might be good to check ALL of the files this mod edits and ALL the places) and then report back and we will continue on to get your chat and shoutbox setup as far as being displayed.

Do make sure however you don't remove all the codes :p make sure they are in there only once (not zero or two +)
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Pure Anthems

Ok, all uninstalled, checked, reinstalled and it shows up on the main page.

The text isn't showing up in the shoutbox though, and there is no chat button in the navbar!

:)

-.- but there was before? Sounds like something got deleted (thats why i wanted it to be 100% fresh (you to make sure you fully removed all the manual installs you did). Now it sounds like you deleted something that needed to be there. You have to be sure that all the files in the parse match to your files for your site and that they are not in there more then once but the edits are for sure done at least once.

Besides that to enable the shoutbox (sounds like you figured it out) you need to go to your chat settings in the admin area and also in permissions and set those.

But yes you HAVE TO make sure that those files are correct sounds like something was deleted during the delete that should have been in there at least once. If you are 100% sure they are in there PERFECT then we will continue on and figure what the problem is past there, maybe post up what ever errors are being put out by the mod.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Pure Anthems

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 17, 2009, 07:04:37 PM
-.- but there was before? Sounds like something got deleted (thats why i wanted it to be 100% fresh (you to make sure you fully removed all the manual installs you did). Now it sounds like you deleted something that needed to be there. You have to be sure that all the files in the parse match to your files for your site and that they are not in there more then once but the edits are for sure done at least once.

Besides that to enable the shoutbox (sounds like you figured it out) you need to go to your chat settings in the admin area and also in permissions and set those.

But yes you HAVE TO make sure that those files are correct sounds like something was deleted during the delete that should have been in there at least once. If you are 100% sure they are in there PERFECT then we will continue on and figure what the problem is past there, maybe post up what ever errors are being put out by the mod.

I fixed it. The index.php needed chmodding. It's all working now!

Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 07:09:55 PM

There you go sweet so it displays for the shoutbox and the chat now? Awesome! Also did you do what I said above for the custom theme of comparing the files and making the manual edits for them yet? If so did it work?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Pure Anthems

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 17, 2009, 07:11:42 PM
Quote from: Pure Anthems on June 17, 2009, 07:09:55 PM

There you go sweet so it displays for the shoutbox and the chat now? Awesome! Also did you do what I said above for the custom theme of comparing the files and making the manual edits for them yet? If so did it work?

I did and it's all working mate! Thanks so much for all your help!!!

No problem I am glad we got it all set for you! Just post back if you have questions  ;D I  (and I am sure the rest of the ones that try to help out with this mod) will try to do our best to solve any problem or inquiries about this mod.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Atoa

How can i prevent guests from entering the chat?
I didn't find any option for that =/

Quote from: Atoa on June 17, 2009, 07:23:15 PM
How can i prevent guests from entering the chat?
I didn't find any option for that =/
First go to your Admin > Permissions > Guests
make sure the check boxes for Guests permissions are checked the way you want them for the shoutbox and chat.
Access to chat  (unchecked if you don't want them to use the chat)
Use shoutBox   (unchecked if you don't want them to use the shoutbox)

If that fully doesn't do the trick you can also edit this to be 100% sure they cant get in:

Go to/chat/lib/config.php

Find (Mine are already set to 'false' if yours are set to 'true' change them to 'false')
// Enable/Disable guest logins:
$config['allowGuestLogins'] = false;
// Enable/Disable write access for guest users - if disabled, guest users may not write messages:
$config['allowGuestWrite'] = false;
// Allow/Disallow guest users to choose their own userName:
$config['allowGuestUserName'] = false;

Make the needed adjustments there for guests. You can look through the whole config.php you will see many many things that you can change in there easily for many things in the chat.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Advertisement: