News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danpotter

please someone post modifications for URBAN theme

mrtrc266

@ Bouncerball

Make the same edits to these 2 files

/chat/lib/template/loggedIn.html
/chat/lib/template/loggedOut.html

Find
<title>[LANG]title[/LANG]</title>
Replace with
<title>Change to what you like here</title>

Find
<h1>[LANG]title[/LANG]</h1>
Replace with
<h1>Change to what your like here</h1>

@ Danpotter

If I remember correctly from about 100 pages ago you have a Premium Theme?
If you have installed the New Chat 3.2 then this should be a lot easier this time as there are only a couple edits to the theme now.

Krandall

Quote from: Krandall on June 16, 2009, 11:34:43 PM
Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 16, 2009, 07:45:17 PM
Quote from: Krandall on June 16, 2009, 07:32:03 PM
//shoutBox
global $board;
if(isset($board) && $board == 1 || $board == 33)
{
shoutbox();
    }

No dice. Here's what I have. Same thing. Just plain doens't show.
I dont know if you mean for it to be this way but the above code is not the same as he posted.

global $board;
   if(isset($board) && $board == 1.0 || $board == 33.0)
   {
   shoutbox_bottom();
    }

Your numbers are not the same and the shoutbox call is not the same. Did not know if you intended to do that or it was a mistake.

'

Yeah, I had tried both ways. in my original code I had just the # no . (like my example above) tried and still nothin :(

bump

woolly bugger

ajes

need help...

anyone in here can install ajax chat on my forum please...

i've try so many times but still failed..

PM me for details...

your help will be so appreciated.

tfalbb

All installed and seems to be working after messing with the configuration a little, but I have the following problems.

I keep getting timed out. This despite changing the timeout value in config.php to 2000 minutes with a 120 minute delay between checks. It just happened again after being logged in for 60 minutes. Names of those who are no longer there though, no longer seem to disappear due to the values in config.

When I get timed out it gives me the Ajax Chat login form. When I log in again, instead of the chat room appearing in the window as one would expect, the forum appears. From there I have to click on Chat to get the chat room in the window.

I never had these problems when I was using version 1.0, but having broken the forum I had to install this version instead after mending it (I did delete the Chat directory as instructed first).

[unplugged]

@ajes

I guess my offer of doing it this weekend won't be necessary then?
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: ajes on June 25, 2009, 12:30:47 AM
need help...

anyone in here can install ajax chat on my forum please...

i've try so many times but still failed..

PM me for details...

your help will be so appreciated.

I don't what your problem was but I just went to your site, uploaded the Mod via Package Manager, Installed it and it went just fine, no errors. Enjoy

ajes

thanks to mrtrc266, i now have ajax chat on my forum.

but now i have the problem, other member can't access the chat. anybody know how to solve it?

thanks.

mrtrc266

Quote from: ajes on June 25, 2009, 12:43:24 PM

but now i have the problem, other member can't access the chat. anybody know how to solve it?

thanks.

Be sure to set your permissions for Member Groups that you want to have access to Shout and Chat.

ajes

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 25, 2009, 12:50:35 PM
Quote from: ajes on June 25, 2009, 12:43:24 PM

thanks.

Be sure to set your permissions for Member Groups that you want to have access to Shout and Chat.

oh god, i forgot to set permission in there. now the problem solved.

thanks again to mrtrc266. your the greatest.  :D

mrtrc266

Glad you got it sorted...Enjoy the Mod :)

tbk22

Quote from: tbk22 on June 19, 2009, 01:01:34 PM
I have some questions about his

First of all im using this mod on a SMF 1.1.9 with custom theme and most things seem to be working great

But

Whats the diference between the chat and the shoutbox?

Why I only managed to get the shoutbox to work when integrated wth the chat?

How can i remove the sounds?' I tried to edit the config file but i allways got permission denied =S through the FTP client

Why some of my members appear as unnidentified users with nicknames like 24124 or 453265 oly with number?

How can i change the members display colour?

And Why isnt my chat working? Does it only work when I have the chat button on the menu? cuz i still don thave that

CAn anyone answear my questions?

Thanks in advance
=)

TheListener

Quote from: tbk22 on June 25, 2009, 07:50:35 PM

First of all im using this mod on a SMF 1.1.9 with custom theme and most things seem to be working great

But

None that I can see.

Why I only managed to get the shoutbox to work when integrated wth the chat?

Pass.

How can i remove the sounds?' I tried to edit the config file but i allways got permission denied =S through the FTP client

I believe this has been answered in previous posts  already.

Why some of my members appear as unnidentified users with nicknames like 24124 or 453265 oly with number?

They have to log into the chat.

How can i change the members display colour?

The boys are working on integrating this.

And Why isnt my chat working? Does it only work when I have the chat button on the menu? cuz i still don thave that

Pass.

Can anyone answear my questions?

Thanks in advance

TheListener

We now have a chatbot with a name.

Tried the edit so people would see a welcome yet the edit didn't work.

mrtrc266

But

The Chat Room is a Fully Functional Chat Room like yahoo, aim, etc. The shoutbox is just a box that you can chat through that will sit on top of your index page or all pages of your forum

QuoteWhy I only managed to get the shoutbox to work when integrated wth the chat?

Will have to take a look, I haven't ran into this problem before.

QuoteHow can i remove the sounds?' I tried to edit the config file but i allways got permission denied =S through the FTP client
That sounds like an issue with your FTP

QuoteWhy some of my members appear as unnidentified users with nicknames like 24124 or 453265 oly with number?
Make sure that your have set your permissions to allow your user groups access to chat/shoutbox

QuoteHow can i change the members display colour?
For the shoutbox... /chat/lib/css/shoutbox.css
For the ChatRoom.../chat/lib/yourstyle.css (Example beige.css, black.css, Cobalt.css....etc)
You can change the colors for Admin/Moderator/Users/Guests

QuoteAnd Why isnt my chat working? Does it only work when I have the chat button on the menu? cuz i still don thave that

CAn anyone answear my questions?

Thanks in advance

TheListener

Quote from: TheListener on June 25, 2009, 10:44:48 PM
We now have a chatbot with a name.

Tried the edit so people would see a welcome yet the edit didn't work.

The welcome is working

bobbyd

About 40 minutes ago I Loaded ajax 3.2 and I have now totally lost my forum.  I was loving smf until then.  No matter what I click the following message occurs:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getshoutboxcontent() (previously declared in /home/content/b/o/b/bobdornan/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Load.php:2214) in /home/content/b/o/b/bobdornan/html/simplemachinesforum/Sources/Load.php on line 2292

Nothing in admin works, I am totally lost a bit frustrated.  SMF was loaded through godaddy without any hiccups at all and I was able to load avatars etc without issue.  Then I loaded 3.2 and all is gone.

My URL is hxxp:internationalmansite.com/simplemachinesforum [nonactive]    pls help

[unplugged]

That's a small problem really. It just means that the mod was installed twice. It can be fixed fairly easily.
Make a backup of your index.template.php first.
Then open index.template.php and find ', getShoutBoxContent() ,' and remove it. this will prevent chat from working but should get your site back up.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Mraza

hello mrtrc266 ! i wanted to inform you that there is new version of Ajax Chat has been released . Please check this link
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=214758&release_id=692521

Version Note:
QuoteRelease Name: 0.8.3

Notes:
        Version 0.8.3 adds 5 new languages and 2 new language corrections.

A buffer is now used to reduce the number of DOM calls and improve chat performance.

Chat will try to reconnect when the connection with the server is lost, and the icon will indicate the problem by turning red.

Some minor bugfixes as well.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to keeping this project aliv

Version Changes:
QuoteChanges:
        Version 0.8.3  (26.06.2009):
-------------------------------

New features:
- Added Hungarian localization - thanks to Atag and Molnár Tamás.
- Added Welsh localization - thanks to Alan Davies.
- Added Estonian localization - thanks to Alar Sapelkov.
- Added Galician localization - thanks to Ruth.
- Added Georgian localization - thanks to Giorgi Maghlakelidze.
- Updated French localization - thanks to Xytovl.
- Updated Finnish localization - thanks to Saku Laukkanen.
- Nicer looking status icons.
- Status icon turns red when there is connection trouble.
- Chat will now automatically attempt to reconnect to the server if the connection is lost, rather than dying silently.
- Chat now uses a buffer before performing multiple DOM operations. This should give a noticeable speed improvement when the
chat list updates many messages at once (such as when viewing logs). - thanks to varamin.

Bugfixes:
- The invite, uninvite, and whereis user menu options will now only appear in the inline user menu.
- Rolled back the database name handling change because of too many conflicts. If your database has a hyphen in it, you should
check the AJAXChatDataBase.php file to see the commented line.

Changed files:
- css/* (all theme specific stylesheets in all versions)
- img/loading.png (all versions)
- img/loading-done.png (all versions)
- img/loading-trouble.png (all versions - new)
- js/chat.js (all versions)
- js/lang/cy.js (all versions - new)
- js/lang/et.js (all versions - new)
- js/lang/fi.js (all versions)
- js/lang/fr.js (all versions)
- js/lang/gl.js (all versions - new)
- js/lang/hu.js (all versions - new)
- js/lang/ka.js (all versions - new)
- lib/config.php (all versions)
- lib/lang/cy.php (all versions - new)
- lib/lang/et.php (all versions - new)
- lib/lang/fi.php (all versions)
- lib/lang/gl.php (all versions - new)
- lib/lang/hu.php (all versions - new)
- lib/lang/ka.php (all versions - new)
So please in this version are many bugs fixed..if you have time to integrated it with your Mod will be great ....Thanks :)
Signature:
Old Software Engineers Never Dies, They Just Log Out...
! ! ! ! ! 5 Best Movies Thread ! ! ! ! !

Advertisement: