News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frantic

hey, did you guys remove the turn shout box into a mini chat feature?  Can't seem to find it.  Its not in option for me in modifications/chat

Mark S

Quote from: wladymeer on July 05, 2009, 09:19:39 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 29, 2009, 10:58:02 PM
Sorry wladymeer what are we trying to do here? With that many errors it looks like your trying uninstall a Mod that has been manually uninstalled???

Sorry, I've been suddenly away for a while so couldn't respond to you. Lemme repeat the post so you don't have to go back looking for:

QuoteI would go for reinstall but when I try to uninstall it I get these errors:

4.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
      1.   Replace   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed
      1.   Replace   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed
7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
      2.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed

So, what I want to do is next thing:
#01 uninstall AjaxChat (because it's not working at the moment)
#02 install fresh AjaxChat (because it was working before)

And, no, all I was trying to do is go to the Admin Panel and then select package to uninstall and on "test page" I get these errors when I try to uninstall. I thought it might be better to ask you before I proceed with uninstall process.

The reason you get these errors is because the package handler is looking for an exact match of all the code when it tries to find the "replace with" or "add before/after" code to replace with the original code (The reverse process of an installation).  If the file became corrupt (missing parts of the code or the code was rearranged) or if it was modified in any way, then an exact match won't occur and you'll get those errors.

Fixing this isn't as scary as the package handler error warning is.

Go to the manual install and find the mod's code in those files you're getting the errors and replace it with the original code.  Once you've done that, run the package handler uninstall again.  You'll still get the same errors but just continue the uninstall and it will remove the rest.

Or,

If you did the smart thing by making a directory backup before you added this mod and you haven't done any more mods since this one, unzip it in a folder on your computer.  You can upload just those 3 files you're getting the errors on (be sure to check "replace original file" in your cpanel).  This is faster and easier than code searching/replacing.

SilvioTO

Great mod! I need to know how to select a different default channel instead of "Public".
Thanks a lot for your help!  :D

amigos

Hi All

I have installed this mod and its great thanks :D :D

Is there any user guides around as I'm not sure how you moderate it or actually use the chat rooms??

I know it may sound a little silly but new to all of this

mrtrc266

@ Kilgore Trout 
Make sure that you have set your permissions for you Member Groups to Allow access to Chat and Shout

@ ThePharaoh
The Shoutbox runs off the Chat. You can remove the button to for the Chat Room and disable permissions for access to chat only.

@ Silvio and amigos
Click the link in my signature, there are quite a few tips that cover a lot of the most requested features including setting up default or adding custom channels.

As for the Moderation, in the Chat Room on the right side you will see a list of commands like /kick which will ban a user etc.

tfs

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 29, 2009, 10:44:35 AM
@ tfs
Whatever you currently have this set to "Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?" do the opposite and see if you still get the error.

Problem still persists.  My original question is here...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.2840

8: Undefined index: chat
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Shades.

I installed this mod on another site of mine and can't get it to work. Clicking on the chat link brings up the chat page but when you type in a chat message and hit submit, the message is not displayed and there are no error messages. Can you help? Thx!
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Kilgore Trout

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 06, 2009, 12:00:54 PM
@ Kilgore Trout 
Make sure that you have set your permissions for you Member Groups to Allow access to Chat and Shout

Many thanks!  This was the problem.  Works great now.

K

munty

tried to upgrade to the latest version after upgrading to 1.19 of smf now i got 2 shoutboxes, but getting connection errors, 2 chat buttons, and the chat wont open due to file permissions...

help!

tia

:D

Munty

TheListener

Use of undefined constant count - assumed 'count' Sources/Subs.php on line 3886

Any ideas?

shakymon

Quote from: SunKing on May 19, 2009, 12:23:29 PM
Alright. Here is the first (of many, I hope) tweak for the AjaxChat mod.
Here's what I did:

Post Notification
search for
notifyMembersBoard($notifyData);
add after it:
// Ajax Chat New Topic Notification
global $user_info, $board, $scripturl, $boardName, $topic;
    $smcFunc['db_insert']('',
      'ajax_chat_messages',
      array(
         'userID' => 'int', 'userName' => 'string-255', 'userRole' => 'int', 'channel'=> 'int', 'ip' => 'string-255', 'text' => 'string-255',
         ),
      array(
         $posterOptions['id'], $user_info['name'], 1, 0, $posterOptions['ip'], '[color=red][b]New Topic: [url='.$scripturl . '?topic=' . $topic . '.new#new'.']'.html_entity_decode($_POST['subject']).'[/url][/b][/color]'
         ),
      array('autopost')
   );
    // End Ajax Chat New Topic Notification

Is there a version of your Post Notification tweak that works with 1.1.9? My Post.php can't use $smcFunc

fwdiii

reposting in the hopes I can get this fixed:

Quote from: JBlaze on July 02, 2009, 04:12:48 AM
Quote from: fwdiii on July 01, 2009, 11:52:17 PM
I installed this mod and every works great.

However, the Chat Button displays kind of screwy in Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Instead of being the same font, color, size and location as the rest of the top menu, it shows kinda of above the logout button and in what looks like times new roman.

my forums are located at forums.alliedtrainingcommand.com if you want to look at it.

Oh, it shows fine when using the IE Tabs plug-in for firefox, so it's definitely how those browsers handle the code, just not sure what to change to make them handle it correctly.

This could most likely be a theme issue. What theme are you using?

I am using WDEfault. and SMF 1.1.9. It works fine with IE 6 ,7 and 8. Some I am a bit disinclined to think it is a theme issue. I will change themes whn I get home and look tho.

Greyer

Hi I have installed that mod. Everything is working great except that when I login after while I see only 10 last messages in shoutbox, anyone know how to increase that to 50 or more last messages?

Best regards.

TheListener

Greyer I'm not an expert but it is my belief that you are unable to do so.

I myself prefer members to walk into a room with no text from previous.

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

Quote from: Greyer on July 07, 2009, 03:41:54 AM
Hi I have installed that mod. Everything is working great except that when I login after while I see only 10 last messages in shoutbox, anyone know how to increase that to 50 or more last messages?

Best regards.

Yes you can edit this. If you want to edit this for the shoutbox (not the chat) then go to /shoutBox/lib/config.php

In that file find a line that says something about how many lines to display on each call. right now it is set to 10 so if you want use CTRL + F and put 10 in the box to search for and hit F3 to find the next "10" until you see the line I am talking about.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

DilSe

hello sir

i install

AjaxChat+Integration_3[1].2

but it show to time i don't now what happend plz help about this problem

excaliburj

Quote from: fwdiii on July 07, 2009, 12:20:11 AM
reposting in the hopes I can get this fixed:

Quote from: JBlaze on July 02, 2009, 04:12:48 AM
Quote from: fwdiii on July 01, 2009, 11:52:17 PM
I installed this mod and every works great.

However, the Chat Button displays kind of screwy in Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Instead of being the same font, color, size and location as the rest of the top menu, it shows kinda of above the logout button and in what looks like times new roman.

my forums are located at forums.alliedtrainingcommand.com if you want to look at it.

Oh, it shows fine when using the IE Tabs plug-in for firefox, so it's definitely how those browsers handle the code, just not sure what to change to make them handle it correctly.

This could most likely be a theme issue. What theme are you using?

I am using WDEfault. and SMF 1.1.9. It works fine with IE 6 ,7 and 8. Some I am a bit disinclined to think it is a theme issue. I will change themes whn I get home and look tho.

I think you may have a similar problem to that described here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=319667.0
If so, the solution given there should help.
Random Sig Line

mrtrc266

@ tfs, I actually have the same problem not sure exaclty what's causing it though. It only happens in a custom theme even though all the edits are done properly

@ Are you using 1.1.x ? I think that edit is only for SMF 2

@ It look like you have it installed twice, but in regards to your blank chat/shout read the FAQ's in my signature regarding setting your file permissions.

@ fwdiii
excaliburj is correct, in the button edit if your buttons have <td> then use <td> </td> if they have <li> then use <li> </li>. Just look at your other buttons in your index.template.php file to see what it should be.

TheListener

Use of undefined constant count - assumed 'count' Sources/Subs.php on line 3887

Any ideas?

mrtrc266

TL Clear those errors, switch to the default theme and see if you still get them. I not then make sure you did to correct edits for your custom theme.

Advertisement: