AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

@ Stephanie

Did you get any errors on install?

What't the URL to your site, PM me if you don't want it public

Stephanie

www.torchspirit.com

no errors on install...everything tested successfully....thank you so much for help!

mrtrc266

Quote from: Stephanie on July 09, 2009, 12:51:33 PM
www.torchspirit.com

no errors on install...everything tested successfully....thank you so much for help!

Can you create a test account and PM me the PW?

Stephanie

I sent you a PM..email me at [email protected] if you did not receive it....thank you so much for helping!

Stephanie

mrtrc266

Quote from: Stephanie on July 09, 2009, 01:14:41 PM
I sent you a PM..email me at [email protected] if you did not receive it....thank you so much for helping!

Stephanie

Sorry I ran out of time, will take a look when I get home though if it's not sorted by then.

liamo

I'm having a major problem with the chat app - If a guest user clicks on chat (popup window), then they get prompted for a username / password, however, if they either hit refresh (F5) or close the window and click chat again, then they get logged directly in as a user with a 6 digit number as the name...

this means that guests can get into the public chat without a password.

Ive set Permissions for guests to not allow access to chat...

What's happening??? Any ideas?

Mod version 3.2,
SMF 1.1.9

Kilgore Trout

Quote from: LadyChaos on July 08, 2009, 06:34:50 AM
Great mod. I love how I am able to use it on a custom theme without much hassle.  :D

Glad to hear this...though this newb can't figure out how to mod the custom theme "classic" in order to get the 3.2 chat integration working on that theme. (it works great on the default) Can you point me to a web resource that might help me learn how to alter the custom theme?  thanks

KT

AaaHaa

Quote from: liamo on July 09, 2009, 06:24:00 PM
I'm having a major problem with the chat app - If a guest user clicks on chat (popup window), then they get prompted for a username / password, however, if they either hit refresh (F5) or close the window and click chat again, then they get logged directly in as a user with a 6 digit number as the name...

this means that guests can get into the public chat without a password.

Ive set Permissions for guests to not allow access to chat...

What's happening??? Any ideas?

Mod version 3.2,
SMF 1.1.9

i have the same problem...

another user except admin can't chat...
someone can help us ?

i use 2.0 rc1-1

mrtrc266

@ liamo and liamo

Open /chat/lib/config.php

Find and replace true with false
// Enable/Disable guest logins:
$config['allowGuestLogins'] = true;

@ Kilgore Trout in my signature there is a link to the FAQ's with a link to a package parser so you can manually do the edits for your custom theme.

@ Stephanie, your forum is back in order. Will get the chat going for you soon.

Kilgore Trout

Mrtrc266 -  Thank you for your reference and I must say thanks for the huge amount of time and effort you put into helping people get this running.  My hat is off to you.

I had seen the FAQ and used the package parser and found when trying to replace text in the index.template.php file that I could not find the text that was listed in the parser.  I wasn't sure how to proceed from that point.  The theme I am trying to mod is the "classic" theme.

Thanks for your help with this.

KT

mrtrc266

You very welcome KT, attatch your index.template.php file here please.

nodent

My logs are being spamed with:

8: Undefined index: chat
File: D:/inetpub/vhosts/mattsoutback.com/httpdocs/board/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3749 

I have look all over the place for help, This board has the issue to but no one is helping.

PLEASe HELP.

mrtrc266

@ Nodent, yes that error seems have been posted many times, ATM not sure what's causing it. It's a harmless error, I know it's annoying seeing it the log but just delete them everyday or 2. I'm sure we'll get this sorted soon and it will be posted. Thank you for your patience.

Kilgore Trout

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 10, 2009, 10:31:36 AM
You very welcome KT, attatch your index.template.php file here please.

Thanks mrtrc266

Shades.

Quote from: BoZilla on July 06, 2009, 03:50:13 PM
I installed this mod on another site of mine and can't get it to work. Clicking on the chat link brings up the chat page but when you type in a chat message and hit submit, the message is not displayed and there are no error messages. Can you help? Thx!
Any help on this please? ;)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

primetime

All of a sudden I am gettin 503 errors in my chat. What would be the cause of this? I saw in an earlier post to check that its pointing to the right URL ,.. How/where do I check this?

Thank you,
Prime

improv

Hmm ..
Has there been said already that if you typ something with ' it automaticly turns into \ '?

sombra

i have installed and everithing running fine but the shoutbox looks strange diferent from the pic on the mod page

Why my smileys don't appear in the shoutbox?? They were removed for the last version?

also the buttons and the border that I cant see in the screenshots are not be showing in my forum

I already uploaded all the files and set 777 permissions to each folder and file

thanks for the mod and the help :P

dzinerfusion

hi, i have a question if I could empty out my databases messages. ajax_chat_messages

Advertisement: