AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IslandDahl

@mrtrc266, thanks for all the support. Really, I've gone through most of the pages of this thread and you have been of great help. I have a question though, I was able to install the chat and run the mod but I have 2 problems.

First, whenever I use Firefox to log into the chat, it redirects me to my forum home page after I click log in. However, I can log in just fine with IE.

Second, I was trying to use the package parser to do the chat button but it kept crashing my forum.

Please what can I do?

mrtrc266

@ IslandDahl
You should be able to go from your forum directly into chat without having to login. Once you are logged into your forum then you are also logged into the chat. When we get this button on then it shouldn't be a problem.

Regarding the Chat Button...

If you have SMF 1.1.X attach your /Themes/yourtheme/index.template.php
If your have SMF 2 attach your /Sources/Subs.php

I'll take a look

IslandDahl

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2009, 01:11:13 PM
@ IslandDahl
You should be able to go from your forum directly into chat without having to login. Once you are logged into your forum then you are also logged into the chat. When we get this button on then it shouldn't be a problem.

That happens only with IE, with FF it gives me a 6 digit username.

Please find the Index template attached.

mrtrc266

Here you go Island, this might even fix your redirect issue, the script for the chat path was missing and your forum might have had a problem with conflicting index.php paths.

I just tried this on my test site and seems to be working ok.

Geoff Mendicino

I'd like to change it so the AJAX chat only lets members post. I turned off all the options for guests, but it's still possible for people to jump in with the guest 6 digit name.

Any suggestions?

IslandDahl

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2009, 01:52:52 PM
Here you go Island, this might even fix your redirect issue, the script for the chat path was missing and your forum might have had a problem with conflicting index.php paths.

Thanks, will give it a shot.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Geoff Mendicino on July 13, 2009, 01:57:42 PM
I'd like to change it so the AJAX chat only lets members post. I turned off all the options for guests, but it's still possible for people to jump in with the guest 6 digit name.

Any suggestions?

Here you go
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2152760#msg2152760

jbloudg20

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2009, 12:37:04 PM
Quote from: jbloudg20 on July 13, 2009, 11:54:25 AM
I'm having a problem installing this mod.

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php     Test failed

If I continue with the install anyway:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8
File: /homepages/32/d206905265/htdocs/CTRiders/Packages/temp/Tables_1.1.X.php
Line: 30

This is odd, there was another member who gets this same error, what is your mysql and php version.....is it version 4 by any chance?

Yes it is. My database is MySql 4.0

IslandDahl

Quote from: IslandDahl on July 13, 2009, 01:59:09 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2009, 01:52:52 PM

Thanks, will give it a shot.

Thanks, the pop up box works but now the chat doesn't. All I get is

I chmodded the index of the chat to 755 and still nothing.

mrtrc266

Island, Was it working before and did you clear your cache ?

IslandDahl

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2009, 02:29:43 PM
Island, Was it working before and did you clear your cache ?

It was working on IE when I used chat.myforum.com [nofollow] but not when I did myforum.com/chat [nofollow] but it wasn't a popup box either. I'll clear the cache as soon as I'm done with some uploads.

IslandDahl

I'm still getting the same screen.

Geoff Mendicino

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2009, 01:59:54 PM
Quote from: Geoff Mendicino on July 13, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Any suggestions?

Here you go
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2152760#msg2152760
*kisskiss*

sombra

Quote from: sombra on July 13, 2009, 01:48:18 AM

in both theres no smilies and botons

but i saw that in the defaul it has borders and in darckbreak dont were can i give boarders

marked here

well bump cux i see if im not the last post i get ignored

anyone knows is there any fix for this bug?

TheListener

Sombra all it takes is patience. I have been without a chatroom and shoutbox for several days now yet I am not ( yet) pulling my hair out.

mrtrc266 works 6 days a week with long hours and has his own forum to look after ( or decapitate).

mrtrc266

Quote from: IslandDahl on July 13, 2009, 03:17:13 PM
I'm still getting the same screen.

Uhg, do you have anything in your .htaccess file?

@ sombra
What's the URL to your site? More than likely it's not a bug since you're the only one with that problem.

mrtrc266

Quote from: TheListener on July 13, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
Sombra all it takes is patience. I have been without a chatroom and shoutbox for several days now yet I am not ( yet) pulling my hair out.

mrtrc266 works 6 days a week with long hours and has his own forum to look after ( or decapitate).

TY TL.......BTW, what are you talkin about? You were without a site for a few days LOL, glad you got it back...now it'll just take some cleaning up.

TheListener

Keep getting this error in the chat pop up and error log.

Notice: Use of undefined constant count - assumed 'count'

Sources/Subs.php on line 3894

Notice: Use of undefined constant chatOnlineUsers - assumed 'chatOnlineUsers'

Sources/Subs.php on line 3894

Also keep getting the same error in the error log.

mrtrc266

@ Bozilla and sombra

Even if you don't have pretty URL's installed just for kicks try this.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1998551#msg1998551

sombra

sorry i know and its a great mod but im felling to be ignored hehehe

yes i have pretty url on my site and my url is on my signature

and thanks againt for the reply and help

already did this and nothing

QuoteI added this piece of code to the SMF htaccess file

RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]

I added under the actions set of rules.  Everything works perfectly now.  If anyone else has a problem like mine feel free to shoot me a note and I'll help out.

Advertisement: