AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danpotter

dude i willl start the problem from starting..i installed mod everything is fine but in managepermissions.php Test failed..actually i did every change thta i need to do in my theme but whne i type a messgae it showed me error "
ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0"...it showed me this errror even after doing change in Chat.js seeing from ur site....i gave u managepermissions.php and u edited it....but even after uploading that No change.....so now again im providing the Normal managepermissions.php file...

This is the image of Test failed in Managepermissions.php

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=257973.0;attach=115145;image

and im providing u normal managepermissions.php

SuperZambezi

Quick Question : How can I turn off or disable sounds?

*If I delete the mp3 files I get errors so that does not work. Thanks. :)

TheListener

TheListener

Quote from: SuperZambezi on September 12, 2009, 10:20:35 PM
Quick Question : How can I turn off or disable sounds?

*If I delete the mp3 files I get errors so that does not work. Thanks. :)

I haven't tried this edit myself yet so please backup the file.

chat / js/config.js

Look for:

// Defines if sounds are played:
audio: true,
// Defines the sound volume (0.0 = mute, 1.0 = max):
audioVolume: 1.0,

Change

audioVolume: 1.0,

to 0.0

Please note I have not tested this out myself yet.

Danpotter

Quote from: TheListener on September 12, 2009, 10:30:58 PM
Danpotter try this one.

No use brother....still.....Test failed in Managepermissions.php even after uploading that file u gave me....and still shout box not showing my typed matter.. :(

TheListener

Can you pm a link to your forum please and a temp admin account.

Will look at it sometime today for you.

rigo

hell every body...

My question must be simple I'm very happy with the integration of Ajax chat was really perfect and easy but two small word that I will like to change and they are "" Ajax Chat"" I mean in the corner left come the title Ajax Chat don't will be possible in some way to changed and put your own particular ??????

my be this question was already spoken here but sorry check every post reply ummmm is a big home work so please I will appreciate your help guys...

TheListener

Rigo

There is an edit which can be made so your forums name can be seen instead.

It is just a matter of finding it.

I will be adding it as soon as I find out where the edit is required.

shortchange

Anyone know how to make /msg not case sensitive?

Thanks

dropNbodies iXi

How do I even enable/see where the chatbox is?  I'm not talking about that shoutbox that appears on the top of the forums.  I mean the REAL chatbox...

TheListener

Quote from: shortchange on September 13, 2009, 04:30:43 PM
Anyone know how to make /msg not case sensitive?

Thanks

I'm not sure if that can be done.

Quote from: dropNbodies iXi on September 13, 2009, 06:03:12 PM
How do I even enable/see where the chatbox is?  I'm not talking about that shoutbox that appears on the top of the forums.  I mean the REAL chatbox...

Have you checked the permissions?

send me a temp admin account in pm and I willhelp you get it started if you wish.

Sabre™

Quote from: dropNbodies iXi on September 13, 2009, 06:03:12 PM

Do you not have the "chat" button visible?  Are you using a custom theme?  Attach your custom themes index.template.php if you are.
Follow this line, add  /chat/index.php  after your site address.
So it looks like this        h**p://YOUR URL HERE/chat/index.php
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Sabre™

Quote from: rigo on September 13, 2009, 11:50:24 AM
... I will like to change and they are "" Ajax Chat"" I mean in the corner left come the title Ajax Chat don't will be possible in some way to changed and put your own particular ??????

Go to your Chat folder located in the root of your forum(where the packages, avatars and sources folder is), go into the lib folder, and select the en.php.
Search for this line
$lang['title'] = 'AJAX Chat';

Change it there, and do so for each of the other templates in the lib folder.

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

TheListener

Sabre I tried the edit you mentioned with no luck.

If you go into the sounds file however I believe the sounds can be changed as they are mp3 files.

Sabre™

Did you clear your browser cache?
If so, how?
Which browser are you using?
I'll test it aswell.

Lolafish

Just wanted to say thank you for this mod!  Installed on my default version of 1.1.10 just fine. 

AquaPuppies - A Goldfish Community
www.aquapuppies.com

Running SMF 2.0.2 & SimplePortal 2.3.5

rigo

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 13, 2009, 07:51:59 PM
Quote from: rigo on September 13, 2009, 11:50:24 AM
... I will like to change and they are "" Ajax Chat"" I mean in the corner left come the title Ajax Chat don't will be possible in some way to changed and put your own particular ??????

Go to your Chat folder located in the root of your forum(where the packages, avatars and sources folder is), go into the lib folder, and select the en.php.
Search for this line
$lang['title'] = 'AJAX Chat';

Change it there, and do so for each of the other templates in the lib folder.

thank a lot prefect answerd tip top

nuts_fever_007

hey i installed the ajax chat long time ago and it was working great as well but from yesterday onwards for some reason now i cannot able to chat or shout inside the shoutbox..can someone please help me to solve this issue...

thank you

TheListener

Quote from: nuts_fever_007 on September 14, 2009, 05:50:50 PM
hey i installed the ajax chat long time ago and it was working great as well but from yesterday onwards for some reason now i cannot able to chat or shout inside the shoutbox..can someone please help me to solve this issue...

thank you

Can you please check your permissions.

Advertisement: