AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Hmmm, strage I had a similar problem when I was using another host (fatcow).

It would not install any mod at all and go to a 500 error, they said nothing, the way I solved it was, Demand Refund, switch host.

Dunno, I your problem is due to the host, but you should check more things before blaming them.

Which files are you restoring from backup when fixing the caused issue?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

mcgovery

Still no one figured out how to clear chat log to stop it from creating a huge database?

TheListener

Quote from: TheListener on September 26, 2009, 07:37:54 PM

So your members can enter an empty chat without viewing the previous chat the following edit can be made.

Chat >  lib > config.php

Find

// Defines if messages are shown which have been sent before the user entered the channel:
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter'] = true;

Change true to false.
Quote from: mcgovery on September 27, 2009, 12:24:06 PM
Still no one figured out how to clear chat log to stop it from creating a huge database?

Already done

mcgovery

But the tings is though say I'm in a conversation with someone and I logout and then login with a different forum user account I can still see the conversation?

mcgovery

Does anyone know how I would go about adding a background image for the main chat window instead of a basic colour?

Thanks.

rgecy

OK, maybe this has been asked already, but is there a way to have the chat room open up in the same window with my themes header and menu buttons at the top? 

Thanks,

Robert

rpacheco

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make the year, month and day selects in the logs page to show default values? I want the selects to show the values of the current day.

Any ideias?

mrfroasty

I have installed this module, but I am facing this problem as reported in this thread http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=334147.msg2272475#msg2272475

My users can access the chat only administrators are allowed to access it.

Hopefully, this might be noobish questions as I am a noob on SMF ... :D

mcgovery

@ mrfroasty

Hey there!

I can help you with your problem! :)

Got the the "Admin" panel > Members>Permissions
Find the usergroup that you want to allow access and click "Modify"

Look down the list for the "Access to chat" field. ******Make sure it is checked****** otherwise members will have no access.

Let me know if you succeed :).

mrfroasty

Sabre™

Quote from: mcgovery on September 27, 2009, 01:02:29 PM
But the tings is though say I'm in a conversation with someone and I logout and then login with a different forum user account I can still see the conversation?

Clear your cache.  Try today, it should work.

Quote from: mcgovery on September 27, 2009, 01:13:23 PM
Does anyone know how I would go about adding a background image for the main chat window instead of a basic colour?

It would be best to create your own style sheet.
The easiest way is to copy one(found in your chat folder, then in the css folder), rename it to whatever you like, and then edit it.
Go to your config.php(located within  chat>>lib, and add the name of your new style sheet here
// Available styles:
$config['styleAvailable'] = 'goes here';

I set mine as default, which is found directly under the above code.
// Default style:
$config['styleDefault'] = 'goes here';

For your background image(s), it would be best to put it in the img folder within your chat folder.
Im still working on this one...

Modify #content  in the stylesheet to add the background.
eg.
#content {
background-image:url(../img/whatever.png);
color:#FFF;
}

The same applies for your login page

Just edit #loginContent in your stylesheet for the background.

Quote from: rgecy on September 27, 2009, 02:25:18 PM
OK, maybe this has been asked already, but is there a way to have the chat room open up in the same window with my themes header and menu buttons at the top?

That may be a few files to edit there mate.
Play with your loggedIn.html and add or call for your nav menu.
Or you might be able to create your own page and insert your modified code into your smf folder.

Quote from: rpacheco on September 27, 2009, 02:42:31 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to make the year, month and day selects in the logs page to show default values? I want the selects to show the values of the current day.

As I understand it, it shows the time etc the server is configured to.
Alter that to call for your smf default settings(if they are different).

Quote from: mrfroasty on September 27, 2009, 04:12:23 PM
My users can access the chat only administrators are allowed to access it.

What youre aking is completely different to what is said in that thread.
Im assuming a typo, and you mean your members Cant access the chat.
Go and set the membergroup permissions for them in your admin panel.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Good man mcgovery :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

hmalik007

I've installed ajax chat on my smf forum and it worked fine for few days but now it is not showing any messages nor any user in chat box and shoutbox too. I'm using smf 2.0 RC1.2. looking for ur help

jmil

Quote from: johncccccc on September 27, 2009, 11:58:41 AM
Hmmm, strage I had a similar problem when I was using another host (fatcow).

It would not install any mod at all and go to a 500 error, they said nothing, the way I solved it was, Demand Refund, switch host.

Dunno, I your problem is due to the host, but you should check more things before blaming them.

Which files are you restoring from backup when fixing the caused issue?

Just the files - I do not have to do do the tables. Might be right that the Host is doing - Maybe a Manual install??

Only Problem with manual is there is no UNINSTALL

rpacheco

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 27, 2009, 05:05:04 PM
Quote from: rpacheco on September 27, 2009, 02:42:31 PM
Hi,

As I understand it, it shows the time etc the server is configured to.
Alter that to call for your smf default settings(if they are different).

Sabre,

In my case, it doesn't show anything. The year, month and day are shown empty, like this: "---".

AlkaSeltxer

Quote from: AlkaSeltxer on September 26, 2009, 10:58:05 AM
Quote from: TheListener on September 25, 2009, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: AlkaSeltxer on September 25, 2009, 10:30:01 AM
Well, I'm having some problems here. It appears to be fully working, however when you try to type something in both the chat and shoutbox, your message does not show for you or anyone else. I'm not getting any errors in the chat or in SMF. Also hitting logout in the chat does nothing. No one shows in the user list either.

SMF 1.1.10
TP 0.9.8
Custom Theme, but properly modded according to the Phraser.

Are there any errors in your error log at all?

can we see a link to your forum please and is chat available for guests?

No, not one error, not even in my cpanel error logs for the site server. I did notice the little light looking thing flashes from green to orange every second. It's not open but I can set you up a temp account to check it out. www.apsocal.com

Still need some help with my problem, anyone...

By the way, I just checked mysql and the messages are showing in the database... Thought I mention it.
~Josh~
Over 16 keyboards lost to raging.

DaBrute

This would be great with auto prune after a certain amount of days.

Sabre™

Quote from: rpacheco on September 28, 2009, 02:32:24 PM
Sabre,
In my case, it doesn't show anything. The year, month and day are shown empty, like this: "---".

Have you tried reinstalling the mod?
For some, not all of the files are added.
Just a suggestion.

Quote from: AlkaSeltxer on September 28, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

By the way, I just checked mysql and the messages are showing in the database... Thought I mention it.

Have you altered any files?
If you have done this in  Chat >  lib > config.php
// Defines if messages are shown which have been sent before the user entered the channel:
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter'] = false;

set it back to true and see what happens ;)

Quote from: DaBrute on September 28, 2009, 09:31:46 PM
This would be great with auto prune after a certain amount of days.

Do you mean the log?
If so, look for this in your config.php located at  chat>>lib
// Max time difference in days for old messages before they are purged from the database:
$config['logsPurgeTimeDiff'] = 365;

and change the amount of days
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

DaBrute

hmalik007

Quote from: hmalik007 on September 27, 2009, 07:56:49 PM
I've installed ajax chat on my smf forum and it worked fine for few days but now it is not showing any messages nor any user in chat box and shoutbox too. I'm using smf 2.0 RC1.2. looking for ur help

I'm asking this question second time and still got no help.

AlkaSeltxer

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 29, 2009, 03:59:03 AM
Quote from: AlkaSeltxer on September 28, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Have you altered any files?
If you have done this in  Chat >  lib > config.php
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter'] = false;

set it back to true and see what happens ;)

I have not altered any chat files, that was already set true. I will try reinstalling the mod.
~Josh~
Over 16 keyboards lost to raging.

Advertisement: