News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Arantor on October 02, 2009, 09:21:14 AM
The hotlink protection says "get more at RequestISO.com" for which they assumed you meant they had to visit to get advice.

Yea, that was my mistake, I mentioned that, I was just trying to link the icon, since I don't see any image for the package manager edit icons anywhere else, i used my own, I had only set up the hotlink protection the other day, I mean,
" on the failed files you will see the icon like this " you would think someone would notice that was a mistake not just go on about it like I'm trying to spam the board.

Anyway, I added the simplemachines.org to the OK to hotlink list now, that should not be happening anymore.

Also continuing this whole debate is juat as bad as spamming,

lets get back on topic.
--------------------------------------------------

Kat-2, whats the progress?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

brion

There is a bug in this mod. I carefully installed it exactly as said. I get the following error.

QuoteUnable to load the 'shout_above' template.

It shows the header of the forum, but nothing else, locks it up. I searched for shout_above in all the scripts and there isn't one. How do I fix this? I am on version 1.1.9 using the classic theme.

hmalik007

Quote from: Arantor on September 29, 2009, 09:59:17 AM

Not using large letters tends to help; it looks like you're shouting. Please also note we are volunteers here, and it would appear that the original author of this mod no longer supports it themselves.

So, what theme are you using? And did you configure it to enable non admin users to access the shoutbox? (As documented on the mod page)

I'm using brown theme & yes definitely I've configured Permissions for chat and shout box access for other users.
Some days ago it was working fine and since then I didn't install any other mode but eventually it stop working.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

post a link to your forum so we can see whats going on 1st hand

SMF 2.0 RC5

brion

Quote from: johncccccc on October 02, 2009, 04:09:13 PM
post a link to your forum so we can see whats going on 1st hand

Are you asking me? If so
www.detectorsparadise.com

However I had to put back Load.php and BoardIndex.php to get the forum to work again, if I put those back up, it'll shut down the forum with that error.

4b11l

Is anyone having problems modifying the files? i.e. the channels, etc..?

I can not ftp the edited file back into the directories on the server. I can ftp other files fine, no problems, but for some reason it's not possible to do any for the chat/lib directory? I'm using english.

I am also having the same problem below as the user. The file looks like it calls for the button in the shout.english file? I have the file and it looks correct. Anyone else have any insight on this?

Quote from: Eclipse16V on September 30, 2009, 10:06:29 AM
Hi,
nice Mod and it run.
But I become this Error in the ACP

QuoteGast
Undefiniert
http://www.xyz.de/index.php?topic=6208.5;wap2
8: Undefined index: chat
Datei: /xyz/xyz/Sources/Subs.php
Zeile: 4042

Here the line
Quote4041:    $num = empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
==>4042:    $chatButton = $txt['chat'];
4043:    $chatButton .= ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';

brion

Eclipse16V

Quote from: 4b11l on October 03, 2009, 01:40:26 AM
Is anyone having problems modifying the files? i.e. the channels, etc..?

I can not ftp the edited file back into the directories on the server. I can ftp other files fine, no problems, but for some reason it's not possible to do any for the chat/lib directory? I'm using english.

I am also having the same problem below as the user. The file looks like it calls for the button in the shout.english file? I have the file and it looks correct. Anyone else have any insight on this?

Quote from: Eclipse16V on September 30, 2009, 10:06:29 AM
Hi,
nice Mod and it run.
But I become this Error in the ACP

QuoteGast
Undefiniert
http://www.xyz.de/index.php?topic=6208.5;wap2
8: Undefined index: chat
Datei: /xyz/xyz/Sources/Subs.php
Zeile: 4042

Here the line
Quote4041:    $num = empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
==>4042:    $chatButton = $txt['chat'];
4043:    $chatButton .= ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';

Put this in your index.english.php, index.xxx.php, ...
$txt['chat'] = 'Chat';

Than I become no errors.
Thank Arantor
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

PopsicleStickChick

Any way to get the shoutbox to honor the word censor options?
www.grubesismyleader.com

An Internet forum dedicated to a former board operator at a Dallas sports talk radio station

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: PopsicleStickChick on October 04, 2009, 05:17:25 PM
Any way to get the shoutbox to honor the word censor options?

Nope, its not part of smf, its an external program just intergrated

SMF 2.0 RC5

TheListener

There may be a way of using the profanity filter for the shoutbox as the chat room.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: TheListener on October 04, 2009, 05:41:31 PM
There may be a way of using the profanity filter for the shoutbox as the chat room.

I have never really gone in to the Ajax settings and edits, but in theory, there should be a way of coding a content filter, you would have to contact the creators at their site

SMF 2.0 RC5

Arantor

Without looking at the code, I wouldn't know where it would have to go but assuming it uses SSI.php to receive shouts, a pass through on censorText shouldn't be a huge deal to add - I think.

Sabre™

chat/js/custom.js
To Filter words, add this to the bottom of your custom.js template
ajaxChat.replaceCustomText = function(text) {
    text=text.replace(/poo/gi, 'smelly');
    text=text.replace(/azz/gi, 'butterflies');
    text=text.replace(/penis/gi, 'Nose');
    text=text.replace(/boobs/gi, 'water mellons');
    return text;
}

You can see where and how to add them in the above code
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Arantor

Sounds good, but doesn't let you inherit the master censor list from SMF itself each time.

TheListener

Doesn;t have too.

Has to be added manually.

Sabre™

Quote from: Arantor on October 04, 2009, 06:04:06 PM
Sounds good, but doesn't let you inherit the master censor list from SMF itself each time.

There's surely a way to do it, but I'll leave that up to you or another to implement lol
I dont even use this mod, I just offer what I know, and have actually moved on from tinkering with it.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Arantor

I don't use this mod either, I just comment as I have something relevant.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Arantor on October 04, 2009, 06:04:06 PM

But if someone coded it to, that would be a big step into complete integration lol..

SMF 2.0 RC5

Arantor

All that can happen here is that either the author adds it themselves, OR there are notes in the thread. No-one other than the author (and that includes Customizer team) can modify the mod itself.

Advertisement: