AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Wow, this is a very common problem right now, maybe the latest version does have some issues, contact mrtrc266 and see if he can send you the version released before this.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Blah blah

mrtrc266

Quote from: Blah blah on October 18, 2009, 07:00:30 PM
Ok thanks I just sent the PM

Have you tried changing your file permissions (CHMOD)? chat/index.php and shoutBox/index.php set to 755

mrtrc266

OK, here is the previous version, give this a shot.

If you get the same error try CHMODing the files posted above

Kruss

I tried that but it says not compatible or corrupted :(
I'm using the SMF 1.1.10 version.

Blah blah

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kruss on October 18, 2009, 10:47:10 PM
I tried that but it says not compatible or corrupted :(
I'm using the SMF 1.1.10 version.

Unzip the package and open file package-info

Find
<install for="1.1.6-1.1.9">
Replace with
<install for="1.1.6-1.1.10">

Find
<uninstall for="1.1.6-1.99.99">
Repace with
<uninstall for="1.1.6-1.1.10">

Rezip and install

Blah blah

Nope still same glitch as before. CHMOD'd the files too twice. No errors in install.

digit

Bummer...  I just installed it too - (not the integration mod, just the SMF AjaxChat)  and was AMAZED at how simple it was...  and how it pulls all the boards in as channels etc.  It seems VERY slick and efficient, so much so, I WILL delete 123flashchat (which costs too much, and loads too slow) IF I can get it working...  but like the previous poster...  when I submit text, nothing happens...  I too had no errors on install, I see my database tables, etc.... and am running 1.1.10.

>:(

I guess I will give the previous version a try.

Is THIS where we should be downloading it?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-chat/files/

I see the latest version is 0.8.3

EDIT: I just tried 0.8.2_SMF, and still no text is appearing after submitting it.   ::)

EDIT EDIT: I just tried 0.8.1.2_SMF, and still no text is appearing after submitting it.   ::)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I just tried 0.8_SMF, and still no text is appearing after submitting it.   ::)

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:  I just tried 0.7.4_SMF, and still no text is appearing after submitting it.   ::)

SOOO - it does not seem to have anything to do with just the "latest version".  :(

P.S., this also does NOT appear to be a permissions problem, since I tried chmod -R 777 chat and chmod -R 755 chat

P.S.S...  FYI - looking in my database tables, nothing is being added to... ajax_chat_messages or ajax_chat_online  ???

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Kruss

Quick question for you guys...
What exactly does the code below mean? Sorry for the silly question. I just don't want to change anything without being 100% what it will do because my forum is already live and released to everyone.

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) for which the previous setting is always true (will be ignored if set to null):
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnterList'] = null;

I'm just wondering if that will somehow help with my problem about previous messages showing for users that just joined the chat room. I found that code above right after this...
// Defines if messages are shown which have been sent before the user entered the channel:
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter'] = false;

Thanks in advance! :)

gigz09

whew! im back... after my shoutbox have been editted by a hacker, i setted the chat and shoutbox permission back to 644.. and still i can access the shoutbox without encountering problem both my test account and guest..

i enabled the guest in my shoutbox so that they can view the conversation under beneath of it..
=)

now, this is my problem since i have installed the ajaxchat..

if the conversation in the shoutbox are overflowed and the scrollbar appeared... upon logging out, and if you try to logging in again..the previous messages were gone... the scroll bar is gone too..

i want to have the past conversations within 1 - 2 hours... or more... so that each and everytime my members or visitors logged in, they can easily back read the conversations on my shoutbox..

thanks=)
ONYX is a non-profit, voluntary initiative of Filipino computer, electronics and software engineers. It was launched on July 2007 in Manila, Philippines. The initial idea is to create a broad organization where the Open Source and Open Content volunteers and professionals can exchange their ideas and embark on new initiatives. In the last year after formation ONYX has matured into an independent organization with partnerships with other Open Source based organization and individuals.

Visit ONYX - Pinoy Open Source Technologies

mrtrc266

@ Digit, the files from Source Forge are just stand alone versions of AJAX Chat vs. AXAJ Chat Intergration (which includes AJAX Chat) but just intergrates it into SMF.

Have you previously installed AJAX Chat Intergration and it didn't work?

@ Kruss

This first code might be the answer to your question earlier (not sure if you already tried changing it to false)

This is asking if you want messages shown to someone just entering your chat room so they can see the current chat or will they only be able to the see chat from the time they enter until they logout of chat.
// Defines if messages are shown which have been sent before the user entered the channel:
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter'] = true;

This would be if you want some channels to show all the chat and some not. If you wanted the chat in your General Discussion Channel and Small Talk Channel always be visible and those boards # on SMF are #1 and #2 the you would change null to array(1, 2)
/ Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) for which the previous setting is always true (will be ignored if set to null):

mrtrc266

Quote from: gigz09 on October 19, 2009, 10:38:42 AM
whew! im back... after my shoutbox have been editted by a hacker, i setted the chat and shoutbox permission back to 644.. and still i can access the shoutbox without encountering problem both my test account and guest..

i enabled the guest in my shoutbox so that they can view the conversation under beneath of it..
=)

now, this is my problem since i have installed the ajaxchat..

if the conversation in the shoutbox are overflowed and the scrollbar appeared... upon logging out, and if you try to logging in again..the previous messages were gone... the scroll bar is gone too..

i want to have the past conversations within 1 - 2 hours... or more... so that each and everytime my members or visitors logged in, they can easily back read the conversations on my shoutbox..

thanks=)
Play with these setting, this tells you how long the messages will show for
// Max time difference in hours for messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesTimeDiff'] = 24;

This sets how many messages users can scroll back through
// Max number of messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

Blah blah

I actually found the version that worked for me back in April or may and installed it but no change...still not showing users or msgs

mrtrc266

Quote from: Blah blah on October 19, 2009, 10:54:50 AM
I actually found the version that worked for me back in April or may and installed it but no change...still not showing users or msgs

Having this Mod previously installed have you completely uninstalled it, including dropping your tables in your database?

Kruss

Quote from: mrtrc266 on October 19, 2009, 10:47:22 AM
@ Digit, the files from Source Forge are just stand alone versions of AJAX Chat vs. AXAJ Chat Intergration (which includes AJAX Chat) but just intergrates it into SMF.

@ Kruss

This first code might be the answer to your question earlier (not sure if you already tried changing it to false)

This is asking if you want messages shown to someone just entering your chat room so they can see the current chat or will they only be able to the see chat from the time they enter until they logout of chat.
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter'] = true;

This would be if you want some channels to show all the chat and some not. If you wanted the chat in your General Discussion Channel and Small Talk Channel always be visible and those boards # on SMF are #1 and #2 the you would change null to array(0, 1)
/ Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) for which the previous setting is always true (will be ignored if set to null):

Thanks for clarifying that up, mrtrc266.

I did try changing the option to false already. The code I showed earlier is actually from my config.php file itself. Still doesn't seem to be working though :( All the previous messages within a day still shows up whenever a user joins the chat room.

Arantor

Quote from: mrtrc266 on October 18, 2009, 11:15:02 PM
Unzip the package and open file package-info

Just for further reference, you can use Version Emulate Dropdown to bypass this step and just tell SMF to pretend it's 1.1.9 or lower to suit.

digit

Quote from: mrtrc266 on October 19, 2009, 10:47:22 AM

I have never installed ajax chat or the larger ajax chat smf integration.  (I have successfully  installed 123flashchat, but it's expensive and slow)

The install seems to have gone fine, the database tables are there, so it picked up my SSI.php, etc,.  (and it looks GREAT!  8) )

Would you mind a pm with a test account and URL?

Thanks!
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

mrtrc266

Here you go, no need to register the chat/shout is open to guests.

http://monsters-mansion.com/testsmf2

Or were you talkin about givin me a test account and a URL? LOL

Advertisement: