News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtfalke

Thanks for support - it was my mistake... fu***ing windows 7 :)

EVERYTHING IS FINE - THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!
>>> Tanja Gräff, Studentin aus Trier, wird seit 14 Monaten vermisst | http://www.findet-tanjagraeff.de <<<

derelicta

Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 12, 2009, 01:37:30 AM
Quote from: derelicta on November 11, 2009, 01:43:20 PM
Hi there, can anyone help me to understand if there is a way to keep more lines inside the shoutbox. I mean on average on my shoutbox appear only a few of the last messages written by members. There's no such "max chronology messsages" parameter to set.
AjaxChat works fine on all themes, and shoutbox too, it's a great MOD, just the shoutbox has this problem.
Thank you.

If I understand you question correctly you want more messages to appear when a user logs into the chat?

If so I believe this is it....

Find and change your liking... /chat/lib/config.php

// Defines how many logs are returned on each logs request:
$config['logsRequestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

Also look at many other custom edits in there.

thank you very much but for the shoutbox it didn't solve the issue.
It worked for the chat after changing not the parameters inside the chat but another code, before the one you showed me.

Here:
// Max number of messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

So it's good for the chat but not for the shoutbox, when I exit the forum and go back it shows only the last 10 messages.
Anyone else knows a solution?
Do you all have only 10 messages left  inside the shoutbox?

Thank you for paying attention.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Nachtfalke on November 12, 2009, 02:23:59 AM
Thanks for support - it was my mistake... fu***ing windows 7 :)

EVERYTHING IS FINE - THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!

I also had no problem, it opened in new Window (On Windows 7) with IE and Firefox.

I dont think Windows 7 had anything to do with the error before, since its working now, who cares! lol.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

glennk

Hi There,

I have a serious error and cant get into admin to uninstall. Could you please offer some advice on how best to proceed

QuoteFatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/glennk/public_html/holderness-coast-fishing.co.uk/forum/shoutBox/lib/class/AJAXChat.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glennk/public_html/holderness-coast-fishing.co.uk/forum/shoutBox/lib/classes.php on line 11

fairytears

Thank you mrtrc, that solved the problem  :)

Any idea why someone can't see the conversations, the shoutbox is blank and she can't post either. She uses IE 6. She is the only one with the problem  :-\

mrtrc266

Quote from: fairytears on November 12, 2009, 11:37:57 PM
Thank you mrtrc, that solved the problem  :)

Any idea why someone can't see the conversations, the shoutbox is blank and she can't post either. She uses IE 6. She is the only one with the problem  :-\

Are you sure her member group has permissions set?

Also see if she can try it in FF and see what happens

graaywolf

SMF v-1.1.10

ok.... here goes... just switched servers and reinstalled the chat.... now in the pop up window i'm getting this error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at graaywolfsgrowboards.com Port 80

is this a server problem or my problem?

I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

derelicta

Quote from: derelicta on November 12, 2009, 12:55:52 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 12, 2009, 01:37:30 AM
Quote from: derelicta on November 11, 2009, 01:43:20 PM
Hi there, can anyone help me to understand if there is a way to keep more lines inside the shoutbox. I mean on average on my shoutbox appear only a few of the last messages written by members. There's no such "max chronology messsages" parameter to set.
AjaxChat works fine on all themes, and shoutbox too, it's a great MOD, just the shoutbox has this problem.
Thank you.

If I understand you question correctly you want more messages to appear when a user logs into the chat?

If so I believe this is it....

Find and change your liking... /chat/lib/config.php

// Defines how many logs are returned on each logs request:
$config['logsRequestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

Also look at many other custom edits in there.

thank you very much but for the shoutbox it didn't solve the issue.
It worked for the chat after changing not the parameters inside the chat but another code, before the one you showed me.

Here:

So it's good for the chat but not for the shoutbox, when I exit the forum and go back it shows only the last 10 messages.
Anyone else knows a solution?
Do you all have only 10 messages left  inside the shoutbox?

Thank you for paying attention.

I quote myself because I solved the issue.
Thanks mrtrc, it wasn't the chat folder,  it was just the shoutbox folder, but you were right, same path config.php in lib folder

number messages changed to 40 it works.

Zirc

Okay I know this problem has been addressed many times before, and I've read through over 40 pages of replies in this thread but no matter what I try to solve it I still cannot get the number of users to display on the chat button, in my user's online block or in User's Online at the bottom of the forum page.  Chat works great!! All the custom buttons display right, open up chat flawlessly transfer the user name to the Ajax chat but for some reason there must be a missing link between Ajax and SMF or SimplePortal as far as telling each other who is actually in chat.

Here's what I have.
SMF 1.1.10
SimplePortal 2.3.1
AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1
AjaxChat 0.8.3

The website is www .tholeweb.com/forums (won't let me post links so had to modify :D )
login: test
password: test

I have other mods but unless needed I won't list those.  Can anybody help me troubleshoot why chat works, all the texts/buttons are there but they don't register that somebody is actually in chat?

Thanks in advance.

***Edit *** I am using a modified custom theme but I have tried it on the Default theme with the same results.

Hardcase

Guys can you please offer advice or a fix for the following problem.

When i try and install this mod i get the following error messages on the mod check:

Quote1. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./SSI.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php Skipping file
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.persian.php Skipping file
12. Extract File ./Themes/default/Shout.template.php 
13. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.english.php 
14. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.persian.php

As you can see it fails on two files these are ManagePermissions.php and index.Template.php

Now i have had this mod running nicely before but it will not work now:

Forum setup:
SMF 1.1.10
Theme BlackRainv2
TinyPortal is installed as are several other mods as they were when it run ok.

Now when i have gone back to basics and installed AjaxChat 0.8.3 which works fine under the default board then when i switch to the custom theme, non of the written text in chat appears or user names etc which was the question i asked about a couple off days ago but got buried in the other questions.

No new mods had been installed before it failed, the only thing that would of happened with the forum would be the update to 1.1.10

Some help and advice would therefore be appreaciated.

I have attached the two files which are failing the test, hopefully someone can find an error as my php knowledge is limited.

testlab

Hello, All

Im new to all of this and I really want to install this in my new forum.
I have installed the Ajaxchat by downloading it from the site and uploading it by using the admin.

Now I cant find it in the from. How can I start the Ajaxchat? What do I have to do to star it?

Thanks

purper

you might want to give us some more info about the version smf you use, and what mods, what theme.

Keep in mind AjaxChat is NOT available for version 2 RC2 (yet)!!

timmytimmy

Hi,

I must not have completely uninstalled the previous version of this mod because now that I have installed the latest version (3.2.1) i am having an issue with the "CHAT" link appearing twice on the top tab menu. 

Can anyone tell me what edit to make so that I don't have two of the same links showing?

I am using SMF version 1.1.10 and the default core theme.

Zirc

Quote from: greg04 on November 14, 2009, 01:34:45 PM
Hi,

I must not have completely uninstalled the previous version of this mod because now that I have installed the latest version (3.2.1) i am having an issue with the "CHAT" link appearing twice on the top tab menu. 

Can anyone tell me what edit to make so that I don't have two of the same links showing?

I am using SMF version 1.1.10 and the default core theme.
'

Look in your index.template.php file located in the Theme/default folder and see if the following code appears twice...

// the [chat] button
$chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
$num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
echo $context['browser']['is_ie4'] ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '', '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_back">
<a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a>
</td>';

It should be near the end of the document.  If there are two instances just delete one of them and save the file.

TW1ST3D

Quote from: graaywolf on November 13, 2009, 12:50:29 PM
SMF v-1.1.10

ok.... here goes... just switched servers and reinstalled the chat.... now in the pop up window i'm getting this error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at graaywolfsgrowboards.com Port 80

is this a server problem or my problem?

I'm getting the same error for 2.0 RC1.2 , anyone have a solution?
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

ShawnH

Maybe we could all chip in and pay him to update this mod :) it would be worth it to me!

ronnyboy

Hi,
I installed the package for SMF 1.1.10 with no errors. However when I click the chat button in SMF I get an error in the chat window (ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 403).
Think this might be an access restiction error, but what ever I try in the Config.php, nothing seems to help.
The initial settings for database connection in the Config.php have not been changed (they should work) and are set to:
// Database connection values:
$config['dbConnection'] = array();
// Database hostname:
$config['dbConnection']['host'] = null;
// Database username:
$config['dbConnection']['user'] = null;
// Database password:
$config['dbConnection']['pass'] = null;
// Database name:
$config['dbConnection']['name'] = null;
// Database type:
$config['dbConnection']['type'] = null;
// Database link:
$config['dbConnection']['link'] = null;

I am running it on my own IIS server.
Any ideas about this ? Pleas help !

Paul_Pauline

I had this problem too Ronnyboy when I had it installed on my forum !

The replies I got were that this was a common fault, and basically to live with it as it didn't effect how it worked  ..........

I did like it, but I personally couldn't live with it, it irritated the hell out of me so i uninstalled it !!!
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

ronnyboy

Hi Paul_Pauline. Sounds a bit stupid the reply you got. Any error should be able to solve.
Anyway when I log into to chat I get the error message "ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 403" and when I try to chat I get the error message "ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 405".
So, this mod is not working at all ! I am strugling for days now with this...
If anyone else has some ideas about this, please let me know.

mrtrc266

Quote from: ronnyboy on November 17, 2009, 04:04:02 AM
Hi Paul_Pauline. Sounds a bit stupid the reply you got. Any error should be able to solve.
Anyway when I log into to chat I get the error message "ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 403" and when I try to chat I get the error message "ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 405".
So, this mod is not working at all ! I am strugling for days now with this...
If anyone else has some ideas about this, please let me know.

Here you go check this out. http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Error_405

Also do some googling about your 405 error, you'll see that it's more that likely server side.

Here is some more info from Microsoft... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318380
Quote405 – Method not allowed.  This error can occur when a clientsends an HTTP request to the server that is running IIS, and therequest contains an HTTP verb that the server does not recognize. Toresolve the issue, make sure that the client's request uses an HTTPverb that is compliant with the HTTP rfc. See the "References" sectionfor information about the HTTP rfc.

Advertisement: