News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvyhitter

In the FAQ the link to

General Modifications

that points to

http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=214758

see I WAS looking deep :D

Comes up with

404 Error – Page Not Found

We apologize. The page you were looking for cannot be found. You may want to try one of the options listed below.

[unplugged]

Quote from: hvyhitter on March 11, 2010, 07:18:35 AM
I have a secret area of the forum where my wife and I post :) (muhahah yes) and if I post a in a topic in there it posts THAT in the shoutbox..
also admin areas those ALSO are shown there as well. So if an admin on my forum posts "This user is being a complete pain my @#$%" well that is in the shoutbox.

So that being said.. is there a way to limit that. (I Have NOT searched yet (the whole 270 oages but I did look at the FAQ as you well know)

also is there way just to post NEW topics? not new posts in any topic.

Yes, and yes.

To prevent certain boards from having notifications, wrap the entire notification code in an if statement like:    if(!in_array($board, array(1,2,3))) {

NOTIFICATION CODE

}

where 1, 2 and 3 are the board IDs you want to ignore. You can have as many of these as you want.

To prevent the new replies notifications, simple remove the SECOND block of notification code.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: hvyhitter on March 11, 2010, 07:21:37 AM
In the FAQ the link to

General Modifications

that points to

http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=214758

see I WAS looking deep :D

Comes up with

404 Error – Page Not Found

We apologize. The page you were looking for cannot be found. You may want to try one of the options listed below.

Thank you for pointing that out Link removed

SourceForge changed quite a few things around since I posted that. They now have everything on the Wiki's Home Page. The content of that broken link has been moved to  HERE

parvaz

Dear SunKing, i'm lost in joy... :D it works now!
Nothing was wrong with the mod or the way i installed it. it was just the host provider!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
i tried the installation on another host provider and it was so easy as it should be:
uploaded the mod
installed it
used it!
just like this

[unplugged]

Very glad it's all sorted now. Enjoy the mod!
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Nimnix

Nimnix

Arantor

mrtrc266: I think you should ask the Cust Team and the mod's original author to be listed as an additional author on the mod's page, that way you'd be able to get the package files updated on the mod's own page.

[unplugged]

kerbob

I'm getting a lot of errors in my error log after installation on RC3.  Is this a simple one?

Example below:

Today at 12:27:14 PM
63b5c7a8acf151067e204a8c63724223
Type of error: Undefined 
http://www.westknoxrc.com/index.php?topic=75.0;wap28: Undefined index: chatFile: /homepages/7/d289446499/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3898 
    Today at 12:18:26 PM
680c5f0642fe37b1823ca8aa494db4b3
http://www.westknoxrc.com/index.php?topic=678.0;wap8: Undefined index: chatFile: /homepages/7/d289446499/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php
    Today at 12:18:25 PM
73783d98ca17a5b39d6541edb1398c4a
http://www.westknoxrc.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5;area=showposts;wap;start=208: Undefined index: chatFile: /homepages/7/d289446499/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php
    Today at 12:18:25 PM
51a5b8658698fd6c0c110d2d9eb8190a

Nimnix

I don't find any settings for AjaxChat Integration on the RC3 fix.

jarska

Hello again,

I have one seacret area for administrators and I don´t want to have the notifier to post new message information from that area.

How do I stop the notifier action with that area only?

[unplugged]

@jarska

Quote from: SunKing on March 11, 2010, 07:31:57 AM
I have a secret area of the forum where my wife and I post :) (muhahah yes) and if I post a in a topic in there it posts THAT in the shoutbox..
also admin areas those ALSO are shown there as well. So if an admin on my forum posts "This user is being a complete pain my @#$%" well that is in the shoutbox.

So that being said.. is there a way to limit that. (I Have NOT searched yet (the whole 270 oages but I did look at the FAQ as you well know)

Yes, and yes.

To prevent certain boards from having notifications, wrap the entire notification code in an if statement like:    if(!in_array($board, array(1,2,3))) {

NOTIFICATION CODE

}

where 1, 2 and 3 are the board IDs you want to ignore. You can have as many of these as you want.

To prevent the new replies notifications, simple remove the SECOND block of notification code.

jarska

Quote from: SunKing on March 11, 2010, 05:01:31 PM
@jarska

Quote from: SunKing on March 11, 2010, 07:31:57 AM

Yes, and yes.

NOTIFICATION CODE

}

I read that, but didn,t understand where is that code and what to do, replace something or what, sorry? :-[

[unplugged]

Attach your Post.php along with the IDs of the boards you wish to ignore.

Andrew Evenstar

Quote from: Andrew Evenstar on March 07, 2010, 11:54:42 AM
I have a question. I've already installed ajax chat and the integration.

For some reason when I try to enter the chat, it says:

Error: Invalid channel name: Public

I dont know if I screwed something up in the chat config file.... but it DOES work when I switch the channel to a board forum name.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Can I just have it where it defaults to login to the name of a forum board?

Thanks.

edit: i think i got it working for now.

beau1943

Hello I am having a problem with this chat mod..... it will not recognize the user chat even when signed in to the forum.  I don't get any error messages.......I have 1.1.11 ......strange.......the popup window opens and the bbc appears but it does not allow you to post or recognize you entered chat.........my site url is

http://usworldforum.com

Any help would be appreciated.........

thanks....Beau

TheListener

Quote from: beau1943 on March 12, 2010, 12:10:20 AM
Hello I am having a problem with this chat mod..... it will not recognize the user chat even when signed in to the forum.  I don't get any error messages.......I have 1.1.11 ......strange.......the popup window opens and the bbc appears but it does not allow you to post or recognize you entered chat.........my site url is

thanks....Beau

Your link showed a server not found error

mrtrc266

Quote from: beau1943 on March 12, 2010, 12:10:20 AM

thanks....Beau

The link to your site is dead, please hit the link in my signature you should find the solution to your problem there. If not post back with a screen shot of what the the problem looks like plus a list of Mods. If you have Pretty URLs installed this should fix it.....
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2053529#msg2053529

Advertisement: