AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

The file I attached is still going to fail the test, but you can skip that error because I have already made the changes to the file....but install the mod BEFORE you upload my edited version or you'll end up with some duplicate code. Also, the mod does not modify the ManagePermissions.template.php, it modifies the ManagePermissions.php located in your /Sources/ folder. You can attach that file here. Keep in mind, both files will still fail the modification test in the package manager. Skip the errors and then upload the files.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

ShadoWind

Here's the correct ManagePermissions.php file as requested...

RoyalMess

I contacted the host but everything was fine so it has to do something with the mod :( but the host did fix some permissions for the FTP.
I'll reinstall it later today when i get back, and make the changes then.

jarska

Quote from: SunKing on March 13, 2010, 02:09:57 PM
@jarska
Try if(!in_array($board, array(0, 3))){ in your Post.php in place of the line that's there (two times).

Still not working. :(

Could you do the changes in post.php and attach it back? ::)

[unplugged]

Quote from: ShadoWind on March 14, 2010, 03:10:12 AM
Here's the correct ManagePermissions.php file as requested...

File attached.

Quote from: RoyalMess on March 14, 2010, 06:07:39 AM
I contacted the host but everything was fine so it has to do something with the mod :( but the host did fix some permissions for the FTP.

Keep me informed if the changes made any difference this go round.

Quote from: jarska on March 14, 2010, 09:27:54 AM
Quote from: SunKing on March 13, 2010, 02:09:57 PM
@jarska
Try if(!in_array($board, array(0, 3))){ in your Post.php in place of the line that's there (two times).

Still not working. :(

Could you do the changes in post.php and attach it back? ::)

I have sent you a PM. ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

RoyalMess

Quote from: SunKing on March 14, 2010, 10:03:10 AM
Quote from: RoyalMess on March 14, 2010, 06:07:39 AM

Keep me informed if the changes made any difference this go round.

Oke so when i'm in the Chat and the default language is EN the chat will be named AJAX Chat instead of TSLWD Chat since i changed this line
$lang['title'] = 'TSLWD Chat';
But when i change to Dutch (NL) the chat will be named TSLWD Chat as i want it to be, but then the chat kinda gets broken.
The menu like Info or Users etc. doesn't load properly or just stretches out over the whole page.
I just tested on Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and only on Firefox that chat gets displayed properly in Dutch but in other browser it doesn't, but if i change the language to English in the other browsers the chat is normal so i think something is wrong with the Language files.

I'll make some Screenshots.

EDIT: In Firefox the English language file kinda messes up the chat but the Dutch language is fine somehow, so thats a good thing :P

Firefox:
Dutch
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/8236/ffnl.jpg
English
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2820/ffen.jpg

Google Chrome:
Dutch
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7501/chromenl.jpg
English
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/927/chromeen.jpg

Internet Explorer:
Dutch
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7297/ienl.jpg
English
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9654/ieen.jpg

Dutch kind of causes the chat to malfunction in all browsers except Firefox, and English works fine in every browser except Firefox.

Safari is on my iPhone and the chat shows fine on that in English but on Dutch it doesn't.

hcfwesker

I REALLY like this chat MOD.  The main problem is, No matter what options I select in the adminCP (except for disabling) the ShoutBox appears on the main page.

All I want it the chat menu button that links to the chat room, and the big chat room itself.  That's the only chat I want.  How can I remove the small ShoutBox from the top of the categories on the main page?

I'm on SMF 1.1.11

Thank You.

mrtrc266

Quote from: hcfwesker on March 15, 2010, 05:36:04 PM
I REALLY like this chat MOD.  The main problem is, No matter what options I select in the adminCP (except for disabling) the ShoutBox appears on the main page.

All I want it the chat menu button that links to the chat room, and the big chat room itself.  That's the only chat I want.  How can I remove the small ShoutBox from the top of the categories on the main page?

I'm on SMF 1.1.11

Thank You.

Like you said "disable the shoutbox." Then you will only have the Chat Room.

beau1943

Attn SunKing

That was fast......... please tell me what you did also as I do understand some of this.....If I want to change it again I won't have to bother you.......

The attachment  boardindex

beau1943

That was fast.........please  tell me what you did also as I do understand some of this.....If I want to change it again I won't have to bother you.......

The attachment  index

KidCactus

I'm trying to move the shoutbox down to the information center on the index page, is there an easy way to do this?

[unplugged]

I am looking into exactly that for beau1943 (just above your post). I installed the mod to my test site today, but am backed up on a few things. I'll get it sorted in the next day or two.

KidCactus

ThomasLindgren

I'm giving up my problems, uninstalling all mods (that never shows up anyway) and will probably switch to some other forum software instead.

mrtrc266

Quote from: KidCactus on March 16, 2010, 04:09:51 PM
I'm trying to move the shoutbox down to the information center on the index page, is there an easy way to do this?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2107351#msg2107351

open Sources/Load.php
Find array_splice($context['template_layers'], 2, 0, 'shout');
Replace with
//array_splice($context['template_layers'], 2, 0, 'shout');

open your index.template.php or boardindex.termplate.php and place
template_shout_above();

anywhere you want.

I haven't tested it but that's what the Author says to do :D

EDIT: Tested and it works, you just have to play with template_shout_above(); to get it where you want.

TheListener

Which file will I need to edit so the number of users in chat shows in the info center?

[unplugged]

TheListener

Thought so but had no luck after trying it.

Will have another go if I get time.

[unplugged]

@KidCactus
See mrtrc266's post above.

@beau1943
Also see mrtrc266's post above about adding the // in front of array_splice($context['template_layers']... and then replace your BoardIndex.template.php with the one I edited and attached below.

beau1943

Thank You Sunking.........now shout box does not work without being intwined with chat......I want shout box and chat to work seperate of each other.  I know I can intergrate them through ADMIN but I want to keep them separate.........it is probably a permission ......... please advise......what premissions needed in htaccess shoutbox..........Ray Beau

Advertisement: