News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryu1revline

Quote from: SunKing on March 31, 2010, 01:38:09 PM
Quote from: ryu1revline on March 31, 2010, 01:36:16 AM
Hello there.  :)

I just installed Ajax and the install was successful without any problems. The shout box is working perfect, but I don't know how to access the chat feature.

The forums are SMF 1.1.11 with the Mystic Jade theme. The mods are Tiny Portal, Aeva Media, and now Ajax chat. What I'm looking to do is have the chat button show at the top of the screen, and have the chat integrated without a pop-up window.

My site is hxxp:guildofinfamy.com [nonactive] (won't let me post links for some reason)

My guess is that my theme is blocking the view of the chat mod, so I would really appreciate any help getting this working.  ;)

Welcome to SMF! You just need to add the code for the button to your index.template.php for the Mystic Jade theme. You can find this code listed in the package parser.

Thanks for the help. I tried the link for the parser in the FAQ, but it appears to be down. Is there another place to find the parser?

Arantor

ryu1revline

Quote from: Arantor on April 01, 2010, 06:43:29 AM
QuoteIs there another place to find the parser?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319 perhaps...

Thanks. :)

Now it's functioning, but the button alignment isn't where it should be. I'm assuming the theme is pushing it out of place. Would anyone know how to get this fixed?

Arantor

The theme uses quite different code. You'll need to attach your theme's index.template.php file for someone here to modify it for you.

ryu1revline

Quote from: Arantor on April 01, 2010, 07:39:15 AM
The theme uses quite different code. You'll need to attach your theme's index.template.php file for someone here to modify it for you.

Ok, so I followed the code used in the other buttons the theme had set-up, and I managed to create one for Ajax by just linking the chat directory.

I wonder if there are any negative consequences to doing it this way?

Arantor

ryu1revline

Quote from: Arantor on April 01, 2010, 07:52:45 AM
I don't believe so.

Well, thanks Arantor and Sunking, another happy user here.  ;D

exteeyou

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2010, 01:09:57 AM
@ ScottyBoy,  exteeyou and Scalla have you by any chance tried changing you file permissions (CHMOD) to 755? for

/chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php

@ Faythi there might be an SSI method to have this work outside SMF. Hopefully an experienced coder might be able offer a suggestion or 2?

Yes, it did not work

TehCraw

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2010, 01:51:11 AM
Quote from: ScottyBoy on April 01, 2010, 01:30:30 AM
Nice! Thanks, man.

You're welcome. So I take it that fixed it? If so I will add that as another possible solution for that problem on the FAQ's Page.

Worked for me. Would this mod install on RC2?

Thanks again!
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand. - Martin Fowler

exteeyou

Fixed

For some reason my package manager wasn't extracting directories and files from the zip, thus my 'js', 'src', etc directories were blank files. I manually unpacked the chat and shoutBox folders to forum/ and all is well ;)

TehCraw

Got AjaxChat on RC2 now!

*ScottyBoy thinks this is one of the best mods ever*
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand. - Martin Fowler

ryu1revline

Back again. :)

I'm getting strange  characters in my directory tree and on the links after each post. Any ideas what might be causing this?

It started after adding the chat button for the mod.

Scaala

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2010, 01:09:57 AM
@ ScottyBoy,  exteeyou and Scalla have you by any chance tried changing you file permissions (CHMOD) to 755?

...Indeed, I hadn't.  That was the ticket.  Thank you.

mrtrc266

@ ScottyBoy,  exteeyou and Scalla

Glad you all got it sorted, I'll update the FAQ's as that being another fix for the probs you were all having.

Thank you and enjoy the Mod! :-)

Xarcell

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 28, 2010, 10:41:00 PM
@ infostrides and Xarcell - I have seen that same thing in the past, about a couple hundred pages back or so LOL. But I can't remember exactly what caused it or what the fix was?

Will have to dig around, do both of you have TP installed by any chance?

I have TP installed, yes. I un-installed TP and installed Ajax chat.  It works fine now.

I reckon I need to dig through everything to find out how to fix...

InfoStrides

Quote from: SunKing on March 29, 2010, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: infostrides on March 28, 2010, 06:50:36 PM
Notice: Undefined index: time_offset in /home/ixxxxx/public_html/infostridesforum.com/Sources/Subs.php  on line 741
Notice: Undefined index: todayMod in /home/ixxxxx/public_html/infostridesforum.com/Sources/Subs.php on line 753
Notice: Undefined index: news in /home/ixxxxx/public_html/infostridesforum.com/Sources/Subs.php on line 3154

They all look like language problems. If you are using a custom theme or a language other than English, I would start there. You need to make sure that all of the language edits being placed into the default theme's Modifications.english.php are also being added (manually) to the Modifications.***.php of your custom theme and/or of your site's language file. If one does not already exist, simply copy the default Modifications.english.php to your custom theme and replace "english" with your language.

I am using default theme and I only have English. There is no other language.

What next?

InfoStrides

Quote from: Xarcell on April 02, 2010, 01:45:26 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 28, 2010, 10:41:00 PM
@ infostrides and Xarcell - I have seen that same thing in the past, about a couple hundred pages back or so LOL. But I can't remember exactly what caused it or what the fix was?

Will have to dig around, do both of you have TP installed by any chance?

I have TP installed, yes. I un-installed TP and installed Ajax chat.  It works fine now.

I reckon I need to dig through everything to find out how to fix...

What is TP?

Xarcell

TP = TinyPortal

I installed Ajaxchat first, then TP, and there were no problems...

Xarcell

Is there a way to place ajaxchat into a block?

I know it has the shoutbox, but it doesn't show users in chat or other options.

smp420

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Advertisement: