News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

@  RoyalMess
I'm getting totally stumped and will have to do some digging on my days off Mon-Tue. Thank you for your patience

daked

i installed ajax chat but i cant seem to find a chat link any where,installation went successfully
Neither can i find a control panel for the chat

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 18, 2010, 01:08:41 AM
....you might have to play with the location of it since every theme is different.

yes, but I make a mistake. The counter is in the BoardIndex.template.php:

Quote// users in chat
    if (isset($context['chat_links'])){
        if (count($context['chat_links']) == 0 )
          echo '<br />' . $txt['chat_no_user'];
        elseif (count($context['chat_links']) == 1 )
          echo '<br />  1' . $txt['chat_aUser']. ':<br />', implode($context['chat_links']);
        else
          echo '<br /> ' . count($context['chat_links']). $txt['chat_users']. ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['chat_links']);
  }
    // Chat user zähler Ende

and this - I think - is on a correct place. See attach file (Kein Mitglied im Chat)

daked

change the permissions (got it from faq) and it now works check it out @ teensonlinemeet dot com

RoyalMess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 18, 2010, 01:11:53 AM
@  RoyalMess
I'm getting totally stumped and will have to do some digging on my days off Mon-Tue. Thank you for your patience
I'll ask my host as well why the .htaccess appears in the CPanel its FTP and not in the normal FTP.

wodema

Quote from: wodema on April 16, 2010, 09:06:01 AM
Got it working fine now. Just had to change the chmod. One more little question. I can't seem to find any way to delere the test chat I put in there. Can it be deleted?

Quote from: wodema on April 17, 2010, 12:48:24 PM
Is there any way  for the moderator or admin to log in annonimously or invisibly unless they want their name to show?

Hmmm...seems like my last two questions were ignored. Can I get some answers please?? Guess I'll have to put big long posts to be seen... :'(

mrtrc266

QuoteHmmm...seems like my last two questions were ignored. Can I get   some answers please?? Guess I'll have to put big long posts to be   seen... :'(
I did respond to your first question and missed the second....sorry  :(
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2586483#msg2586483.
"@ wodema
Glad you got it sorted! Ummm where did you put it? LOL
You  should have 2 folders yourforum/chat/ and yourforum/shoutBox/ any  others you can delete"

Quote from: wodema on April 16, 2010, 09:06:01 AM
Got it working fine now. Just had to change the chmod. One more little question. I can't seem to find any way to delere the test chat I put in there. Can it be deleted?
If your talking about deleting the   test chats that you posted (text) you should see a lil' red X on the   right and you can   delete all the chats as admin. If your talking about deleting the test   Chat Mod itself the just delete the /chat and /shoutBox folders and keep the ones in your main forum.

Quote from: wodema on April 17, 2010, 12:48:24 PM
Is there any way  for the moderator or admin to log in annonimously or invisibly unless they want their name to show?

I don't believe so

mrtrc266

@  ProfDrDenis Does it work on the default theme?

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 18, 2010, 10:59:53 AM

not working with the core theme

Stigmartyr

Quote from: SunKing on March 04, 2010, 03:43:37 AM
Have you tried clearing Firefox's cache? Also, do you have flash enabled for Firefox?

I'm getting the same error: ChatBot: Error: Failed to load sound file (Flash IO Error).

However this happens in 4 browsers, IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari.  Is there an easy fix?

Caesarrrrr

after digging thru the files, i finally got it to work, actually a friend of mine got it work, said there was some missing strings. but its working now

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Stigmartyr on April 18, 2010, 07:15:55 PM
Have you tried clearing Firefox's cache? Also, do you have flash enabled for Firefox?

I'm getting the same error: ChatBot: Error: Failed to load sound file (Flash IO Error).

However this happens in 4 browsers, IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari.  Is there an easy fix?

Is there anything I'm missing?  This thread references issues with Firefox, but this is not a Firefox issue.  It's broken in all browsers, and it works fine on my SMF 2.0 RC2 site.  Just having issues in SMF 1.1.1

mrtrc266

Quote from: RoyalMess on April 18, 2010, 04:54:07 AM
@  RoyalMess
I'll ask my host as well why the .htaccess appears in the CPanel its FTP and not in the normal FTP.
Let me know if / when  they fix it.

mrtrc266

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on April 18, 2010, 12:18:09 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 18, 2010, 10:59:53 AM

not working with the core theme
Attach your /Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

mrtrc266

Quote from: Stigmartyr on April 19, 2010, 02:16:47 PM

Is there anything I'm missing?  This thread references issues with Firefox, but this is not a Firefox issue.  It's broken in all browsers, and it works fine on my SMF 2.0 RC2 site.  Just having issues in SMF 1.1.1
It was an FF issue but it seems that it's crept into other browsers as well? It is a known issue @ SourceForge but there haven't been any updates on how to fix it.

For some reason it says that it fails to load the sound even though the sound loads fine immediately after the error message pops up. I know it's annoying but you only see the error the very first time that you log in, and only you see it. It doesn't show the message to all the other users in chat so it won't interrupt anything.

As soon as there is a solution to prevent the error message from showing it will be posted.

RoyalMess

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 19, 2010, 03:53:50 PM
Quote from: RoyalMess on April 18, 2010, 04:54:07 AM
@  RoyalMess
Let me know if / when  they fix it.

The file is fine and they aren't blocking it or doing anything how so ever to it.
Its just hidden in your FTP client and i was able to view it in Filezilla by showing hidden files just like you can do in Windows.

If you use FileZilla;
Version 2.x – View > Show hidden files
Version 3.x – Server > Force showing hidden files

EDIT: The permission for the .htaccess is 644

ProfDrDenis

Attach your /Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

well here is my file

JasonO

Hi,

How would I go about uninstalling this mod?

When I attempt to I get the message:

QuoteThis package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information.

If I need to do it manually, would someone be so kind to help me with this.

Thanks,
Jason

Stigmartyr

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 19, 2010, 04:09:00 PM
Quote from: Stigmartyr on April 19, 2010, 02:16:47 PM

It was an FF issue but it seems that it's crept into other browsers as well? It is a known issue @ SourceForge but there haven't been any updates on how to fix it.

For some reason it says that it fails to load the sound even though the sound loads fine immediately after the error message pops up. I know it's annoying but you only see the error the very first time that you log in, and only you see it. It doesn't show the message to all the other users in chat so it won't interrupt anything.

As soon as there is a solution to prevent the error message from showing it will be posted.

Yeah that stinks.  You can see it here http://realperformancemustangs.com/chat/index.php  The sound files don't load at all either.  I can't hear anything.  Also the error messages load everytime I go into chat. 

mrtrc266

Quote from: JasonO on April 19, 2010, 04:56:41 PM
Hi,
How would I go about uninstalling this mod?
When I attempt to I get the message:
QuoteThis package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!
Please contact the mod author for more information.
If I need to do it manually, would someone be so kind to help me with this.
Thanks,
Jason
What version of SMF and what version of AJAX Chat Integration?

Advertisement: