AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou69

Hi,

I am 7 days new to SMF and would like to install the Ajax integrated chat/shout on 2.0 RC3. When using the resident package manager\download\browse; the download link is missing for the file.

Does the missing link indicate that I must do the copy/paste manual installation?

I did try to download via the URL option, the file was not found. What now? ( scratching noodle )

I am curious to know if the Ajax on SourceForge is installable to SMF?

thanks,

Lou

:)

hcfwesker

Quote from: Brack1 on April 25, 2010, 05:46:40 PM
Thats an odd one as I have Aeva Media and chat on my forum with no problems at all.
Trust me, I've tried everything, and this seemed to fix the chat lag and forum browsing delays.  I'd like to have both, but the Ajax is way more important.

And, not sure if we can request anything, but I was wondering if there could be an "afk" (away from keyboard) option memebrs could select under their name.  So, when they are away, something like (afk) would appear before or after their name in the chat.

I have changing display names turned off for memebrs.

Or, is there away to add custom tags like thiese?

TheListener

There is an edit which can be made to add afk to members names

Have a look at the ajax link in mrtrc266s signature.

I am very busy at the mo otherwise I would get it for ya.

:-\

hcfwesker

No prob, bud :)

I don't mind doing some research. 

Thank You, I appreciate the point in the right direction.

EDIT:::

I checked, and I know that FAQ poat by heart.  Couldn't find anything, I'll try and search the topic. 

300 pages, here i come ...

mrtrc266

Quote from: PDW on April 25, 2010, 03:47:45 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 23, 2010, 09:39:35 PM
That bit of code was moved to /Themes/default/Shout.template.php and is for SMF 1.1.XX

I'm not 100% sure about all the other edits but I think they should be the same, I'll have to take a look to update for the most recent versions of SMF when I get time.
Cheers! Great chat box this is too!
Ive added my own smilies to it too and its going great nice work.
Ive looked through the settings though and cant seem to find where i can change how long the messages stay in the chat box for or how many to show... I would like my forum to show the last 30 days of mesages if possible... cheers

30 days will be pushing the limits LOL, that could take quite a load on your server. 3-4 days max is what I'd suggest but the setting is in the /chat/lib/congif.php file for both of the settings you mentioned

// Max time difference in hours for messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesTimeDiff'] = 24;
// Max number of messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

mrtrc266

Quote from: graaywolf on April 25, 2010, 05:06:40 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 22, 2010, 12:53:56 AM
Quote from: graaywolf on April 21, 2010, 12:27:48 PM
OK here goes! SMF version 1.1.10 (was unable to install 1.1.11 update)
i come back home and my site is totally down & the error message i get is:
Unable to load the 'Shout.english-utf8' language file.
I can't get into the forums at all
i do have ajax chat installed
(i'm NOT a IT person... don't have a clue how to write any code)
Was there a problem when trying to upgrade to 1.1.11? If so what was the error?

ok i've started over with SMF 1.1.11 i've fallowed all the directions to customize the chat room and fix the minor errors except one... when someone clicks the red X to close the chat window without logging out first, it doesn't log them out... i either have to kick their name or wait for them to time out...

excellent mod otherwise thanks

Not sure if this helps or not, never tried it but.....
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Mod_Remove_Chatters

mrtrc266

Quote from: hcfwesker on April 25, 2010, 05:42:28 PM
Hey, mrtrc266!  Just letting you know, right now, it's running fine on the site.  We got  16 memebrs in right now all chatting, and not much lag.

I think the Aeva Media MOD was causing the lag, I'm not sure, but removing it, testing the chat, it worked fine.  Then, I added it again, to test, and it lagged, along with forum browsing was slowed down.

So far so good, bud.  I appreciate your help in this so far :)

That's reassuring LOL. Glad it's going smooth for you though. You could possibly ask at the Aeva support site to see if they have heard of similar prob?

mrtrc266

Thats an odd one as I have Aeva Media and chat on my forum with no problems at all.

It's a little different, he has well over 100 members + guest on his site at any given time

mrtrc266

Quote from: hcfwesker on April 25, 2010, 05:59:54 PM
Trust me, I've tried everything, and this seemed to fix the chat lag and forum browsing delays.  I'd like to have both, but the Ajax is way more important.

And, not sure if we can request anything, but I was wondering if there could be an "afk" (away from keyboard) option memebrs could select under their name.  So, when they are away, something like (afk) would appear before or after their name in the chat.

I have changing display names turned off for memebrs.

Or, is there away to add custom tags like thiese?

This isn't in the FAQ's yet but there is info on it here....
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Mod_Away_Command

mrtrc266

Quote from: Lou69 on April 25, 2010, 05:47:23 PM
Hi,

I am 7 days new to SMF and would like to install the Ajax integrated chat/shout on 2.0 RC3. When using the resident package manager\download\browse; the download link is missing for the file.

Does the missing link indicate that I must do the copy/paste manual installation?

I did try to download via the URL option, the file was not found. What now? ( scratching noodle )

thanks,

Lou

No the AJAX Chat is not installable on SMF, you need this integration Mod.
AjaxChat  Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip

clevelife

I removed the mod tonight and now this is the error I got when I go to the web page.

theme_template_error

I ran repair_settings.php but no luck.  Any ideas?

mrtrc266

Quote from: clevelife on April 25, 2010, 11:15:45 PM
I removed the mod tonight and now this is the error I got when I go to the web page.

theme_template_error

I ran repair_settings.php but no luck.  Any ideas?

If you have a custom theme then you must also undo the edits from your custom them as well

clevelife

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:16:56 PM

If you have a custom theme then you must also undo the edits from your custom them as well

guess Im screwed than  :P  I didnt make a backup oh well lol

mrtrc266

Quote from: clevelife on April 25, 2010, 11:23:17 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:16:56 PM

guess Im screwed than  :P  I didnt make a backup oh well lol

What theme are you using?
Attach your /Themes/whateverthemeyourusing/index.template.php file please

clevelife

here it is. I appreciate the help but dont feel obligated.  Its my own dumb fault.  I deleted the last backup zip I had by mistake when I was cleaning up my cpu.

Lou69

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 10:42:55 PM
Quote from: Lou69 on April 25, 2010, 05:47:23 PM
Hi,

thanks,

Lou

No the AJAX Chat is not installable on SMF, you need this integration Mod.
AjaxChat  Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip

:) Thank you for the reply. As for installing, as the download link is missing, does this mean that I have to do a manual install?

mrtrc266

Quote from: clevelife on April 25, 2010, 11:31:00 PM
here it is. I appreciate the help but dont feel obligated.  Its my own dumb fault.  I deleted the last backup zip I had by mistake when I was cleaning up my cpu.

No worries try this one.

BTW what didn't you like about AJAX Chat?

mrtrc266

@ Lou

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by "the download link is missing" I just provided the link to download it?

clevelife

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:43:45 PM

No worries try this one.

Oh I liked it.  When I logged in as another user it kept coming up with a login window for chat. When logged in it said not authorized and since I was heading to bed I was just going to remove it for now until I had more time to play with it.  This way my users wouldnt open it.

mrtrc266

Quote from: clevelife on April 25, 2010, 11:49:26 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:43:45 PM

No worries try this one.

Oh I liked it.  When I logged in as another user it kept coming up with a login window for chat. When logged in it said not authorized and since I was heading to bed I was just going to remove it for now until I had more time to play with it.  This way my users wouldnt open it.

Ohhh.....you just need to set the permissions for your other membergroups to have access to the chat/shout LOL

Admin/Permissions/ [Select MemberGroup]/Modify....

Then you see these options

Access to chat     
Moderate chat    
View shoutBox    
Can shout    
Moderate shoutBox    

Advertisement: