AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clevelife

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:43:45 PM

No worries try this one.

BTW what didn't you like about AJAX Chat?

Well that index file didn't fix it. Im not sure what I did.

Thanks for the note on the permissions.  I looked but I was falling asleep so I must have missed it.  LOL of course now Im awake looking for the problem.

clevelife

The default and the one I use is the curve that comes with RC3, other theme installed is darkmodern.

Lou69

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:45:33 PM
@ Lou

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by "the download link is missing" I just provided the link to download it?

Terribly sorry, I am a bit of a dullard today.   :)  I do see your link now, I completely overlooked it the first go thru.

The 'link' I had referred to as missing had to do with the Package Manager. When browsing for the mod, the link that resides to the right of the AJAX name is missing, therefore, one can not download it.  I thought because of this, the mod had to be manually installed.

I take it that with the link you provided, the file must be expanded and copied to my server and I then point the Package Manager to the url for the file?

I am new at this, so I apologise for being a bit slow about all of it and I do appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Lou

jtoleric

hi, i tried installing, then i uninstalled and now i get this error on my page:
Unable to load the 'shout_above' template.

it will not allow me to do anything or show any forums...does anyone have any help here? thank you

hcfwesker

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 10:39:26 PM
This isn't in the FAQ's yet but there is info on it here....
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Mod_Away_Command
WOW! WOW! and more WOW!

That's exactly what I needed.  Was able to edit the bottom code and make personalized commands we need for Brawling in the chat.

Very Nice, link, bud.  Should be added to the FAQ post, it's very handy.   If you'd like, I could write up a little editing instruction post, then just link to it? :)

Thank You so much!

mrtrc266

Quote from: clevelife on April 25, 2010, 11:58:32 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:43:45 PM

No worries try this one.

BTW what didn't you like about AJAX Chat?

Im not sure what I did.

Does that mean it's fixed?

LOL, scratch that I miss read it, thought it said "not sure what did." That's what I get for posting before coffee  ;D

Anyway, use the parser on the Mods home page to manually "undo" all the edits that were done on both the default and any custom themes.

mrtrc266

Quote from: jtoleric on April 26, 2010, 08:11:29 AM
hi, i tried installing, then i uninstalled and now i get this error on my page:
Unable to load the 'shout_above' template.

it will not allow me to do anything or show any forums...does anyone have any help here? thank you
Are you using a custom theme? If so please remove the edits from there as well.
Did you get and error "test file failed" on uninstall?
What version of SMF?

When posting with problems it helps to provide as much info as possible.

mrtrc266

Quote from: hcfwesker on April 26, 2010, 10:29:37 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 10:39:26 PM
This isn't in the FAQ's yet but there is info on it here....
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Mod_Away_Command
WOW! WOW! and more WOW!

That's exactly what I needed.  Was able to edit the bottom code and make personalized commands we need for Brawling in the chat.

Very Nice, link, bud.  Should be added to the FAQ post, it's very handy.   If you'd like, I could write up a little editing instruction post, then just link to it? :)

Thank You so much!

You welcome and thanks for the offer. It will be added, the FAQ's will be getting a major overhaul done soon so I'll add it then.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Lou69 on April 26, 2010, 12:18:07 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2010, 11:45:33 PM
@ Lou

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by "the download link is missing" I just provided the link to download it?

Terribly sorry, I am a bit of a dullard today.   :)  I do see your link now, I completely overlooked it the first go thru.

The 'link' I had referred to as missing had to do with the Package Manager. When browsing for the mod, the link that resides to the right of the AJAX name is missing, therefore, one can not download it.  I thought because of this, the mod had to be manually installed.

I take it that with the link you provided, the file must be expanded and copied to my server and I then point the Package Manager to the url for the file?

I am new at this, so I apologise for being a bit slow about all of it and I do appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Lou

No you don't need to extract the .zip file

Download the Mod from the Mods Home Page or the link above to your desktop.
In your forum go to....
Admin/Packages/Download Packages/Upload a Package/Browse [your desktop]/Upload

That should do it

brion

Does anyone know which section of code adds the number of users in chat to the button of the forum? So it would look like this?  Chat(3) thanks

mrtrc266

Quote from: brion on April 26, 2010, 02:54:57 PM
Does anyone know which section of code adds the number of users in chat to the button of the forum? So it would look like this?  Chat(3) thanks

This is the code that shows the users in chat on the bottom of your forum /Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php unless your theme has it's own BoardIndex.template.php file.

Look at the Parser on the Mods Home Page to see where to place it
// users in chat
if (isset($context['chat_links'])){
if (count($context['chat_links']) == 0 )
  echo '<br />' . $txt['chat_no_user'];
elseif (count($context['chat_links']) == 1 )
  echo '<br />  1' . $txt['chat_aUser']. '<br />', implode($context['chat_links']);
else
  echo '<br /> ' . count($context['chat_links']). $txt['chat_users']. '<br />', implode(', ', $context['chat_links']);
  }

Lou69

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 26, 2010, 11:43:36 AM

In your forum go to....

That should do it

Thank you sir, I appreciate your help!  :)

mrtrc266

Quote from: Lou69 on April 26, 2010, 06:43:10 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 26, 2010, 11:43:36 AM

In your forum go to....

That should do it

Thank you sir, I appreciate your help!  :)

You're welcome, post back if you need anymore help

brion

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 26, 2010, 03:24:18 PM
Quote from: brion on April 26, 2010, 02:54:57 PM

This is the code that shows the users in chat on the bottom of your forum /Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php unless your theme has it's own BoardIndex.template.php file.

Look at the Parser on the Mods Home Page to see where to place it
// users in chat
if (isset($context['chat_links'])){
if (count($context['chat_links']) == 0 )
  echo '<br />' . $txt['chat_no_user'];
elseif (count($context['chat_links']) == 1 )
  echo '<br />  1' . $txt['chat_aUser']. '<br />', implode($context['chat_links']);
else
  echo '<br /> ' . count($context['chat_links']). $txt['chat_users']. '<br />', implode(', ', $context['chat_links']);
  }

That part is already in my forum, but it doesn't show up

Abavagada

This is a really great mod! Thanks so much! I love the way it is tied to the forums, with each one getting it's own channel.

I'm trying to make even more of a tie, with each forum having button that opens up the chat in the channel for that forum. However, I can't find a way to set a "default channel". It would just get it from the link passed, like ?chanid=Events.

Can anyone help me with this change?

Thanks

mrtrc266

@ brion
Are you using a custom theme? If so does it have it's own BoardIndex.template.php file?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Abavagada on April 27, 2010, 10:12:09 AM
This is a really great mod! Thanks so much! I love the way it is tied to the forums, with each one getting it's own channel.

I'm trying to make even more of a tie, with each forum having button that opens up the chat in the channel for that forum. However, I can't find a way to set a "default channel". It would just get it from the link passed, like ?chanid=Events.

Can anyone help me with this change?

Thanks

Glad you like the Mod, you can change the default channel in /chat/lib/config.php as explained in the FAQ's on the Mods Home Page (or the link in my signature), please be sure to check them out for future questions. A lot of them are answered there.

mrtrc266

Quote from: clevelife on April 26, 2010, 12:10:51 AM
The default and the one I use is the curve that comes with RC3, other theme installed is darkmodern.

Did you get this sorted?

clevelife

I never did figure out what happened to mine.  I should be able to reinstall SMF and use the old database to bring back my users and posts right?  Im just looking for a yes/no.  I dont want to clog this thread with that discussion when I can just search for the answer.

Advertisement: