News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou69

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 21, 2010, 01:03:04 AM
1) I would like to access the chat log/history (messages exchanged by people) and post it daily in a forum topic. Is there any way?
http://yoursite/chat/?view=logs

I have seen that answer before, but have not been able to get it to work. Just where do you type this in? Also, where is this chat information stored?

There are some timing issues that we are experiencing. When CR is struck, the sentence is not always put into shoutbox. Sometimes shoutbox seems to loose its 'focus' and users have to refresh or logout and login back in.

Users say that they have cookies enabled and only have one browser tab opened. Any ideas?

All in all, everyone is happy with the shoutbox and the chat.

thanks,

Lou

:)

sotong17

Quote from: sotong17 on May 21, 2010, 12:26:25 PM
Hi.. i had search the post but unable to find the answer for my installation error.

I'm Using SMF 2.0 RC3 to install AJAX Chat but keep getting this error while click on chat button

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/chat/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/chat/index.php on line 17

Help me please!!!

Anyone can assist?

mrtrc266

Quote from: sotong17 on May 21, 2010, 09:33:56 PM
Hi.. i had search the post but unable to find the answer for my installation error.

I'm Using SMF 2.0 RC3 to install AJAX Chat but keep getting this error while click on chat button

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/chat/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/chat/index.php on line 17

Help me please!!!
Anyone can assist?

Please wait 24 hrs before re-posting the same question.

Have you tried changing your file permissions to 755 for /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php ?

Users posted same problem here....
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2025752#msg2025752

And it was fixed here, he couldn't change the file permissions so his host did it for him...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2032686#msg2032686

I found it here
http://tinyurl.com/24t6z58  ;)

sotong17

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 21, 2010, 09:49:43 PM
Quote from: sotong17 on May 21, 2010, 09:33:56 PM

Help me please!!!
Anyone can assist?

Please wait 24 hrs before re-posting the same question.

Have you tried changing your file permissions to 755 for /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php ?

Users posted same problem here....
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2025752#msg2025752

And it was fixed here, he couldn't change the file permissions so his host did it for him...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2032686#msg2032686

I found it here
hxxp:tinyurl.com/24t6z58 [nonactive]  ;)

I had change chmod to 755 and permission but problem still same..

Any idea? Currently i'm using the default template.

TQ~ ;)

stkee

Hi, this is a repost because I didn't get any answer for my questions.
I'm currently running SMF 2.0 RC3, with ezportal.
The Ajaxchat install without any error, the shoutbox and chat all looks ok, but whenever I click on the chatbox, it appears and than just logoff itself. I tried to login again but it will go thru the whole process till I see the chatbox layout and than immediately it logoff again.
The shoutbox also works intermittently when I enable integrate shoutbox and chatbox, but doesn't shows anything when I type and tried to shout if it is not integrated with chatbox.
I've ask this questions before but till now I still didn't get any answer.
I've since uninstalled Ajax chat till I can get a proper answer to solved the problems.
I've gone thru all the suggestion posted before but none works.

mrtrc266

@ stkee

Sorry for missing your post

Try adding this to your .htaccess file (the one in the same directory as your /SSI.php file)
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

mrtrc266

@ Lou

You type that in your browser but of course change "yoursite" to the URL of your site.

Yes it will lose focus in however many minutes you have it set to timeout if they're not shouting. The user should simply be able to put their cursor in the input field and it will retrieve the messages cuz now they're back in chat.

mrtrc266

@ sotong
Not sure, send me a link to your site and I'll take a look when I get home from work in about 14hrs

stkee

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 22, 2010, 10:24:49 AM
@ stkee

Try adding this to your .htaccess file (the one in the same directory as your /SSI.php file)

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried it before but it is still the same.

okae

hi, first at all thx for this great mod, is awesome!! but i have a problem when i install it there is no error messages, all appear to be ok, but mu shoutbox appear like the image

Anyone know how i can solved this issue?

Eudemon

i got a problem

when installing the mod i got an error of add after
then i ignored it and continued install
the Chat button shows but when i click on it i got Internal Server Error  ???

im using custom theme n smf version 2.3rc

TheListener

Have you looked at the FAQs on the very first post for the mod?

mrtrc266

Quote from: stkee on May 22, 2010, 07:08:40 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 22, 2010, 10:24:49 AM
@ stkee

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried it before but it is still the same.

PM me a link to your site, temp Admin Account and temp FTP access and I'll take a look if you like

mrtrc266

Quote from: okae on May 22, 2010, 07:49:07 PM
hi, first at all thx for this great mod, is awesome!! but i have a problem when i install it there is no error messages, all appear to be ok, but mu shoutbox appear like the image

Please check out the FAQ's
Here some known issues and fixes caused by either other Mods or   some servers

• If you install the Mod   and it looks like it installs fine but the shoutbox and chat room are   blank please READ THIS

okae

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 23, 2010, 01:05:39 AM

• If you install the Mod   and it looks like it installs fine but the shoutbox and chat room are   blank please READ THIS

for sure i already do that, problem still exist, have you any other ideas?

Alyen

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'xxxxx/httpdocs/shoutBox/lib/class/AJAXChat.php' (include_path='.:') in xxxxx/httpdocs/shoutBox/lib/classes.php  on line 11

My Forum: www.xpzone.net

ptmuldoon

I've just discovered this great chat, and am hoping to modify it a little bit to work with  another mod I'm trying to create.

Can someone possibly tell me the following?

What is the code need to display the chat elsewhere?  I see there is the ssi_ChatOnline online function, but that doesn't display the chat.

Also, Is it possible to learn where in the code the chat is learning the various forums used in the chat?  I'd like to learn to modify that to create chats for other non forum areas, but for each active 'game' being played on my site.

mrtrc266

Quote from: ptmuldoon on May 23, 2010, 09:31:43 AM
I've just discovered this great chat, and am hoping to modify it a little bit to work with  another mod I'm trying to create.

Can someone possibly tell me the following?

What is the code need to display the chat elsewhere?  I see there is the ssi_ChatOnline online function, but that doesn't display the chat.

Also, Is it possible to learn where in the code the chat is learning the various forums used in the chat?  I'd like to learn to modify that to create chats for other non forum areas, but for each active 'game' being played on my site.

Check out the FAQ's and look for "Relocating the ShoutBox" and Adding / Creating custom channels

mrtrc266

Quote from: Alyen on May 23, 2010, 09:12:36 AM
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'xxxxx/httpdocs/shoutBox/lib/class/AJAXChat.php' (include_path='.:') in xxxxx/httpdocs/shoutBox/lib/classes.php  on line 11
?

mrtrc266

Quote from: okae on May 23, 2010, 05:48:14 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 23, 2010, 01:05:39 AM

for sure i already do that, problem still exist, have you any other ideas?

No more ideas, never seen that one before, what the URL to your site?

Advertisement: