AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feriscool

Arg. If I gave you the files, would you nicely do it for me?

uninvited13th

Ok.. I'll just wait for someone who can integrate the forum smileys.. :)

adventuremode

Greetings all, been reading from the shadows for a while and learned a great deal from everything people have posted and followed up with and really appreciative to the community here.

My question is that I"m coming from IRC to AjaxChat and I've been playing around with many scripts and fixees on here including the favorite one of mine  "Chatbot commands"  for chatbot.php includes.

I have entire scripts on mirc that I would love to figure how to move over by my main question is one particular script that a friend helped write for me. It writes input to a txt file and a follow up command retrieves the input from the txt file. Basically its for adding definitions  (i.e.   value1 = value2 ) where it will write the input to the txt then when Value1 is called for or queried it will pull from the same. Curious if anyone could help me out in converting the code to java readable within ajax or if such functions like that are harder to do or not possible I can paste the script here if possible if not I understand and appreciate any feed back.

Also curious if anyone has created a quotebot script for chatbot yet ?

SallyM

Hello everyone.

Freshly installed AC on 2.0RC3. Am getting Internal Server error when I click Chat and ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500 on the shoutbox. Yes, Ive tried chmodding and htaccessing (10x each). No luck.

Problem is with both default and custom themes. I have mods:
Aeva Media    1.2    
SMF4iPhone-Mod    1.0    
Karma Buttons

Help really appreciated.

mrtrc266

Quote from: SallyM on June 16, 2010, 09:08:24 AM

Hello everyone.

Freshly installed AC on 2.0RC3. Am getting Internal Server error when I click Chat and ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500 on the shoutbox. Yes, Ive tried chmodding and htaccessing (10x each). No luck.

Problem is with both default and custom themes. I have mods:
Aeva Media    1.2    
SMF4iPhone-Mod    1.0    
Karma Buttons

Help really appreciated.

Did you get Hacks Park going or do you still need assistance with this?

mrtrc266

Quote from: adventuremode on June 16, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
Greetings all, been reading from the shadows for a while and learned a great deal from everything people have posted and followed up with and really appreciative to the community here.

My question is that I"m coming from IRC to AjaxChat and I've been playing around with many scripts and fixees on here including the favorite one of mine  "Chatbot commands"  for chatbot.php includes.

I have entire scripts on mirc that I would love to figure how to move over by my main question is one particular script that a friend helped write for me. It writes input to a txt file and a follow up command retrieves the input from the txt file. Basically its for adding definitions  (i.e.   value1 = value2 ) where it will write the input to the txt then when Value1 is called for or queried it will pull from the same. Curious if anyone could help me out in converting the code to java readable within ajax or if such functions like that are harder to do or not possible I can paste the script here if possible if not I understand and appreciate any feed back.

Also curious if anyone has created a quotebot script for chatbot yet ?

Not sure if any of this will help but here are some good customization tweaks
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Main_Page#Adding_functionality

Feriscool

If I gave you the files that needed to be parsed, would you kindly do it for me?

I REALLY need this, but don't know how. :/

SallyM

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 16, 2010, 10:44:56 AM

Did you get Hacks Park going or do you still need assistance with this?

I had HacksPark on my 1.1.11 version and yes, I got it working, but (apparently) it isnt compatible with RC3 (?). Now that Ive found AjaxChat I'd rather use this (Forum member complained that HacksPark, being Flash, slowed his computer down too much. Another said it took literal minutes for the shouts to load).

Yes please, I do still need help with this.

kartheekb

removed matter here
www.jntuhub.com/forum (check out my forums)

kartheekb

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 15, 2010, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: KrisiS on June 15, 2010, 12:17:45 PM
Thank you very much m8, works absolutely perfect !!  ;)
I had to edit those entries within the chat/css/shoutbox.css

Could I ask one more thing, Is it possible to remove the sound when someone submits a msg into the shoutbox?

Find /chat/lib/template/shoutbox.html

ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink');

Replace With

ajaxChatConfig.settings.audio =false;
ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink','audio');

Replaced Code but still sound is comming
www.jntuhub.com/forum (check out my forums)

IDunc

All of my permissions are set to 0755, yet I am still getting this message:

ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500

Anyone that can help?

pingpongrob

Hi, I have a fresh install of RC3 and I get the following error when I click the Chat Button.
The install seemed to go without a hitch.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.affordablett.com.au Port 80

mrtrc266

Quote from: pingpongrob on June 17, 2010, 02:17:06 AM
Hi, I have a fresh install of RC3 and I get the following error when I click the Chat Button.
The install seemed to go without a hitch.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.affordablett.com.au Port 80

AJAX Chat Integration FAQs

mrtrc266

Quote from: IDunc on June 17, 2010, 12:02:32 AM
All of my permissions are set to 0755, yet I am still getting this message:

ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500

Anyone that can help?

You changed /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php to 755? It's odd that both you and Sally both did that but are still getting the error.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Feriscool on June 16, 2010, 01:02:26 PM
If I gave you the files that needed to be parsed, would you kindly do it for me?

I REALLY need this, but don't know how. :/

It might be awhile. I won't be on much over the next few weeks, I'll be pretty much limited to checking in before and after work.

IDunc

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 17, 2010, 10:29:51 AM
You changed /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php to 755? It's odd that both you and Sally both did that but are still getting the error.

The files were already set to 755 when I checked them and I still get the Connection 500 error.

IDunc

Quote from: IDunc on June 17, 2010, 11:31:29 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 17, 2010, 10:29:51 AM

The files were already set to 755 when I checked them and I still get the Connection 500 error.

T3CHN0

I don't know why this happens but I found the problem with my chat not working on first log-in.
if i go to my forum with www.mysite.com chat and shout do not load until i have clicked on home or any other button.
BUT if i go to my site as mysite.com without the www. in front it loads perfect.

Any idea's

mrtrc266

Quote from: techno489 on June 17, 2010, 08:30:40 PM
I don't know why this happens but I found the problem with my chat not working on first log-in.
if i go to my forum with www.mysite.com chat and shout do not load until i have clicked on home or any other button.
BUT if i go to my site as mysite.com without the www. in front it loads perfect.

Any idea's

What other Mods do you have installed?

Possibly try adding this to your .htaccess file (the one in the same directory as your /SSI.php file)
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

mrtrc266

@ Sally M and IDunc

Please PM me a temp admin account to your forum and create a temp account to access your FTP. I will take a look at both when I get the time. Probably Monday-Tuesday

Advertisement: