AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 17, 2010, 09:44:48 PM
Quote from: techno489 on June 17, 2010, 08:30:40 PM
I don't know why this happens but I found the problem with my chat not working on first log-in.
if i go to my forum with www.mysite.com chat and shout do not load until i have clicked on home or any other button.
BUT if i go to my site as mysite.com without the www. in front it loads perfect.

Any idea's

What other Mods do you have installed?
I have about 60 mods installed so to many to right down.
I put the line in DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm as you said both after whats there and also before but still the same.
you already a member/administrator of my forum and I already sent ftp details
cheers

Possibly try adding this to your .htaccess file (the one in the same directory as your /SSI.php file)
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

I have about 60 mods installed so to many to right down.
I put the line in DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm as you said both after whats there and also before but still the same.
you already a member/administrator of my forum and I already sent ftp details

Also after adding that ling chat stops working so i have removed it again/ I also tested with .htaccess removed and the same thing happens weather or not the .htaccess file is there. everything works with chat/shout if i load my site as mysite.com without the www.
could there be other .htaccess files in my forum over riding this one?
I will have a look my self when I have time as I got to go to work now
cheers

mrtrc266

Quote from: IDunc on June 17, 2010, 05:45:18 PM
Quote from: IDunc on June 17, 2010, 11:31:29 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 17, 2010, 10:29:51 AM
You changed /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php to 755? It's odd that both you and Sally both did that but are still getting the error.

The files were already set to 755 when I checked them and I still get the Connection 500 error.

You seem to be all set, all I did was install the Mod, then CHMOD the /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php files to 755 and it works fine.

Only thing I see is that you might want to widen your theme in order to not have your menu wrap down to the next line.

IDunc

Problem solved, thanks so much for your help!

syphergaming

when i click on submit it will not apear in chat box

http://www.syphergaming.com/forums/chat/index.php

EDIT:
now im getting this ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0
every time i type in the box

if any one know what it is post please
Thanks

ilabsolutions

Is there some kinda cache somewhere that overwrites my shoutbox.css to the old one even if I upload a new one... :o

GohighVoltage

Hi,  Great mod!   Is there a way only to allow one language, with no drop down?     Also,  does this put a heavy load on a server?  I am using a shared server.      Is there a way to have the window pop up on a users screen when someone sends a message,   like what yahoo messenger does?

Thanks alot!

mrtrc266

Quote from: syphergaming on June 18, 2010, 06:48:42 AM
when i click on submit it will not apear in chat box

http://www.syphergaming.com/forums/chat/index.php

EDIT:
now im getting this ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0
every time i type in the box

if any one know what it is post please
Thanks

To get rid of the connection status 0 please see the FAQ's

mrtrc266

Quote from: ilabsolutions on June 18, 2010, 07:15:07 AM
Is there some kinda cache somewhere that overwrites my shoutbox.css to the old one even if I upload a new one... :o

Make sure you upload it to /chat/css/ not /shoutBox/css unless don't have your chat and shout integrated in your admin settings.

mrtrc266

Quote from: GohighVoltage on June 18, 2010, 09:40:11 AM
Hi,  Great mod!   Is there a way only to allow one language, with no drop down?     Also,  does this put a heavy load on a server?  I am using a shared server.      Is there a way to have the window pop up on a users screen when someone sends a message,   like what yahoo messenger does?

Thanks alot!

Find and edit to your liking...
chat/lib/config.php
// Available languages:
$config['langAvailable'] = array('ar','bg','bp','ca','cy','cz','de','el','en','es','et','fi','fr','gl','he','hr','hu','in','it','ka','kr','ja','nl','no','pl','ro','ru','sk','sl','sr','sv','tr','uk','zh','zh-tw');
// Default language:
$config['langDefault'] = 'en';
// Language names:
$config['langNames'] = array('ar'=>'عربي','bg'=>'Български','bp'=>'Português (Brasil)','ca'=>'Català','cy'=>'Cymraeg','cz'=>'Česky','de'=>'Deutsch','el'=>'Ελληνικα','en'=>'English','es'=>'Español','et'=>'Eesti','fi'=>'Suomi','fr'=>'Français','gl'=>'Galego','he'=>'עברית','hr' => 'Hrvatski','hu' => 'Magyar','in'=>'Bahasa Indonesia','it'=>'Italiano','ja'=>'日本語','ka'=>'ქართული','kr'=>'한글','nl'=>'Nederlands','no'=>'Norsk','pl'=>'Polski','ro'=>'România','ru'=>'Русский','sk'=>'Slovenčina','sl'=>'Slovensko','sr'=>'Srpski','sv'=>'Svenska','tr'=>'Türkçe','uk'=>'Українська','zh'=>'中文 (简体)', 'zh-tw'=>'中文 (繁體)');

It could take a load on your server, really depends on the usage of it. Your host will let you know if they need you to shut it down. No popup on new messages.

MyJC

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 17, 2010, 10:29:51 AM
Quote from: IDunc on June 17, 2010, 12:02:32 AM
All of my permissions are set to 0755, yet I am still getting this message:

ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500

Anyone that can help?

You changed /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php to 755? It's odd that both you and Sally both did that but are still getting the error.

Try setting the permissions on index.php to 600. I had the same problem and just kept changing the setting until I found one that worked - this was it for me.

GohighVoltage

What would I have to do to delete all languages except for english?   (eliminate the drop down, and just offer english)

TheListener

Go to the file which is in reply 6630

Using the file mentioned delete ALL languages except 'en'

GohighVoltage

Will that eliminate the drop down box as well?

TheListener

Yes as the only language will be English.

GohighVoltage

GohighVoltage

Ran into problem:

When I went to install,  Everything checks ok,  except for the first change in the subs.php  file.

I have the helpdesk mod that is causing the error.

Your mod wants to change this line:

$context['allow_pm'] = allowedTo('pm_read');

But my line actually reads:

$context['allow_pm'] = allowedTo('pm_read') && (empty($modSettings['helpdesk_active']) || empty($modSettings['shd_helpdesk_only']) || empty($modSettings['shd_disable_pm']));

Any way around this?

TheListener

As I don't know what the helpdesk mod does can you please attach the file to a post.

Not being a coder myself I won't be able to do much however I am sure mrt will have a look when he can.

ilabsolutions

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 18, 2010, 11:15:45 AM
Quote from: ilabsolutions on June 18, 2010, 07:15:07 AM

Make sure you upload it to /chat/css/ not /shoutBox/css unless don't have your chat and shout integrated in your admin settings.

If I look at the css that is being called it's the shoutbox css :(

Pinball Nation

Like the one user above when i try to submit anything to chat or the shoutbox i get nothing.I have enabled everything.Still nothing.I installed this on a fresh install of the newest SMF 2.0.I did read the FAQ.Did not help.This is a cool mod.I hope someone can help me out.Thanks

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Have you tried to make sure that the CDMod of the entire shoutbox and chat directory (and all files inside) are set to 0755?

If not that's most likely your problem.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Advertisement: