AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: bahgheera on July 08, 2010, 02:25:20 AM
Quote from: mavfreak on July 07, 2010, 05:41:38 PM
I would like to add an extra link below the Online User's Name grouped with Logout, View IP, Invite, Open Private Channel. etc..  This link would go to the User's Forum Profile. 

Any help would be appreciated, I just cant seem to find any posts on it.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could do this: edit your chat.js file, find the line

getUserNodeStringItems: function(encodedUserName, userID) {

and decide where you want the link. After the </a></li> of the link you are going to put your link after, add these lines:

+ '<li><a target="_blank" href="http://www.theflipsideforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u='
+ userID
+ '">'
+ this.lang['userMenuProfile']
+ '</a></li>'

Then edit your en.js file in the languages dir and add the line

userMenuProfile: 'View profile',

I just tried it just for the heck of it, and it works fine for me. I wish I knew what javascript to add to the href to get it to go back to the main window instead of open a new one though. I'll keep researching.

TYVM for your contributions, I'll add this to the FAQ's

bahgheera

Quote from: mrtrc266TYVM for your contributions, I'll add this to the FAQ's

No problem.

h0stile

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 09, 2009, 12:23:05 AM
Quote from: Oldcrow on July 08, 2009, 03:27:23 PM
I have a SMF 2.0 RC1-1 forum installed. I installed a Shout Box through the Package manger The Shout Box is AjaxChat Integration 3.2 I keep getting messages when I open the Shout Box they are below.

(11:14:28) ChatBot: Error: Failed to load sound file (Flash IO Error).

My question is: Can I get rid of the sound files and everything to do with the sound. If yes..how is this done.

Thanks Ron..

That is a known FireFox issue, ATM there I don't know of a fix for it but it only happens when you first type in a message, then it doenst appear again until you logon to your forum again.

SourceForge is current workin on finding a fix for it.

As it's really impossible for me to read from page 148 up to the current one, can anyone tell me if this issue is solved? The shoutbox and chat started showing these errors (in all browsers). What can I do about it?

zadnan

I get the following error when I type something in shout box

(01:51:57) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 405

The following when I click the chat button

Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_FILENAME in D:\hshome\****\****\chat\index.php on line 14

Warning: main(/lib/custom.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\****\****\chat\index.php on line 17

Warning: main(/lib/custom.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\****\****\ chat\index.php on line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.;c:\PHP4\pear') in D:\hshome\****\****\ chat\index.php on line 17

I am using 1.1.11 SMF
I have set the file permissions to 644

More overI could not find the following text in file $sourcedir/ModSettings.php
array('text', 'default_personalText'),
array('int', 'max_signatureLength'),

where I should paste the following text IN ModSettings.php

array('check', 'enableShoutBox'),
         array('check', 'anyPageShoutBox'),
         array('check', 'miniChat'),
         array('check', 'chatPopUp'),
         array('check', 'enableChatButtonNo'),
         array('check', 'enableChatBelowPM'),

plz help

mrtrc266

Quote from: zadnan on July 09, 2010, 05:03:34 AM
I get the following error when I type something in shout box

(01:51:57) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 405

The following when I click the chat button

Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_FILENAME in D:\hshome\****\****\chat\index.php on line 14

Warning: main(/lib/custom.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\****\****\chat\index.php on line 17

Warning: main(/lib/custom.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\****\****\ chat\index.php on line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.;c:\PHP4\pear') in D:\hshome\****\****\ chat\index.php on line 17

I am using 1.1.11 SMF
I have set the file permissions to 644

More overI could not find the following text in file $sourcedir/ModSettings.php

where I should paste the following text IN ModSettings.php

array('check', 'enableShoutBox'),
         array('check', 'anyPageShoutBox'),
         array('check', 'miniChat'),
         array('check', 'chatPopUp'),
         array('check', 'enableChatButtonNo'),
         array('check', 'enableChatBelowPM'),

plz help

Change the file permissions to 755 for /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php

That string of array can go below this
// Basic stuff, user languages, titles, flash, permissions...

Are you trying to install this manually or are you using the package manager in your SMF Admin Panel?

mrtrc266

Quote from: h0stile on July 09, 2010, 03:22:44 AM
As it's really impossible for me to read from page 148 up to the current one, can anyone tell me if this issue is solved? The shoutbox and chat started showing these errors (in all browsers). What can I do about it?

No need to read from page 148 you can simply search for (Flash IO Error) in this topic and it will retrieve every post that mentions it. It still hasn't been resolved unfortunately :-(

Bobbywires

Trying to install to release 1.1.11 and I keep getting errors on index.template.php
I have verified the find strings listed in the manual install section.
I have even tried allowing all permissions for the file
Anything else to check or is there a log that can tell me what is causing the error?

zadnan

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 09, 2010, 10:54:43 AM

Change the file permissions to 755 for /chat/index.php and /shoutBox/index.php

That string of array can go below this
// Basic stuff, user languages, titles, flash, permissions...

Are you trying to install this manually or are you using the package manager in your SMF Admin Panel?
thankyou
I installed it through package manager and got the above errors
I thought I need to edit the files any way
since I could not find the text modification.php I have not edited the files

Bobbywires

Quote from: Bobbywires on July 09, 2010, 02:57:31 PM
Trying to install to release 1.1.11 and I keep getting errors on index.template.php
Anything else to check or is there a log that can tell me what is causing the error?
Modified the index.template.php after doing the install
seems to be OK but getting log errors:

Unable to load the 'Shout.english-utf8' language file   
and
File: /home/rawre0/public_html/forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 403            

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Bobbywires on July 09, 2010, 04:44:30 PM
Quote from: Bobbywires on July 09, 2010, 02:57:31 PM
Modified the index.template.php after doing the install
seems to be OK but getting log errors:

Unable to load the 'Shout.english-utf8' language file   
and
File: /home/rawre0/public_html/forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 403            

Create a copy of Shout.english.php, rename to Shout.english-utf8.php and upload it in the languages directory, that should solve it.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

cyberwolf000

I am having an issue where I have the show users in chat below the Total Time Logged in checked but no one is showing.  I know there are people in chat because I would go into chat and talk to others, and then come back out, and there are no names showing.  Also, there is a number next to the Chat link that is greater than 0 "Zero".  I am running With version 2.0 RC3 SMF and version 3.2.1 of this modification.  Should I be using the   AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip since I am running RC3?  I am not using the Curve Theme, but I am running RC3 as my SMF.  Can anyone help on this one?
Cyberwolf
For the Pack is the Strength of the Wolf,
and the Wolf is the Strength of the Pack!
                                               - R. Kipling

mrtrc266

Quote from: cyberwolf000 on July 09, 2010, 11:04:07 PM
I am having an issue where I have the show users in chat below the Total Time Logged in checked but no one is showing.  I know there are people in chat because I would go into chat and talk to others, and then come back out, and there are no names showing.  Also, there is a number next to the Chat link that is greater than 0 "Zero".  I am running With version 2.0 RC3 SMF and version 3.2.1 of this modification.  Should I be using the   AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip since I am running RC3?  I am not using the Curve Theme, but I am running RC3 as my SMF.  Can anyone help on this one?

Yes you should be using the AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip meaning it's for RC3 and ready to go for the default Curve theme.

crustybum

My problem is that other members get another sign in (ajax) and it wont accept there login and pass....any ideas?? it also does not show up (shoutbox) but it does for admin

Chris

mrtrc266

Quote from: crustybum on July 10, 2010, 09:07:02 AM
My problem is that other members get another sign in (ajax) and it wont accept there login and pass....any ideas?? it also does not show up (shoutbox) but it does for admin

Chris

Set your permissions in your Admin Panel for each member group

Rustyrob

Quote from: Rustyrob on July 08, 2010, 06:40:07 PM
Hello i seem to have a strange problem, i installed the ajax chat with package installer and it says everything is perfectly fine but when i try to use the shoutbox it won't post anything i found out this is because it is intergrated with the chat, and the chat does not work, when i don't intergrade it shoutbox works but chat still does not. when i click the chat button or manually go to the chat link it shows an error page with error code 403. any help would be apreachated. =)
i have rc3 with mods favicon 1.3 and ad management 2.3.6.2, i have one installed ajax chat intergration before and it worked but i installed that before anything else, should i disable everything and install ajax chat first again or do something else?

Moey

Hello.

I've been running the Ajax chat for quite a while now, and i've had this error didn't get time to fix it, but heres my chance.

SMF Version: 1.1.11
AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1
Custom theme: Ve1x

As you can see in the attachment, the names are bugged up. For some reason, the admin names work just fine, but the member names appear 2 lines down to my right.

I've used the SMF Package Parser but that didn't seem to work.

Help would be appreciated.

cyberwolf000

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 10, 2010, 12:50:20 AM
Yes you should be using the AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip meaning it's for RC3 and ready to go for the default Curve theme.

OK, I uninstalled the version I had on my forum and installed the AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip and I am still not seeing any names below the Total time logged in.  I also noticed it is not correctly reporting the number of members in Chat.  I attached a screen shot showing me in Chat and it also shows the forum's Chat and Total Time Logged in.  Any suggestions?
Cyberwolf
For the Pack is the Strength of the Wolf,
and the Wolf is the Strength of the Pack!
                                               - R. Kipling

Diagram

I'm back here :) With a Question :

Is it possible to replace the username on the chat with a custom field in 2.0 RC3? If can, how?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Rustyrob on July 10, 2010, 01:47:50 PM
Quote from: Rustyrob on July 08, 2010, 06:40:07 PM
Hello i seem to have a strange problem, i installed the ajax chat with package installer and it says everything is perfectly fine but when i try to use the shoutbox it won't post anything i found out this is because it is intergrated with the chat, and the chat does not work, when i don't intergrade it shoutbox works but chat still does not. when i click the chat button or manually go to the chat link it shows an error page with error code 403. any help would be apreachated. =)
i have rc3 with mods favicon 1.3 and ad management 2.3.6.2, i have one installed ajax chat intergration before and it worked but i installed that before anything else, should i disable everything and install ajax chat first again or do something else?

Installing this first has been known to get this working in the past, it wouldn't hurt to try it.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Moey on July 10, 2010, 08:23:42 PM
Hello.

I've been running the Ajax chat for quite a while now, and i've had this error didn't get time to fix it, but heres my chance.

SMF Version: 1.1.11
AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1
Custom theme: Ve1x

As you can see in the attachment, the names are bugged up. For some reason, the admin names work just fine, but the member names appear 2 lines down to my right.

I've used the SMF Package Parser but that didn't seem to work.

Help would be appreciated.

Try clearing your forum and browser cache

Advertisement: