AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eng_HK

I'm using the 2.0RC3.

it will be greate have it as an option, if it's possible, or some istruction to do it..

tRu3_sKiTz0

Quote from: tRu3_sKiTz0 on August 10, 2010, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: greg04 on August 08, 2010, 03:29:42 PM
i can't seem to get the chat "welcome message" to work.  i edited the custom.js file just as the FAQ explains, but nothing appears after users log in.

i am running 1.1.11 if that helps any.

thanks!

Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?

Someone please gimme a hand with this. I see posts being replied to and mine seems to be overlooked. I also need to know how to disable the feature that removes posts in the shoutbox after a day. I NEED them to be permanent and I NEED to get the "notify new posts and replies" feature to work. PLEASE HELP. This is very important to me and my forum! Thanks in advance.

timmytimmy

how would i go about getting the "Chat" link to open in a new tab, but NOT a popup?  if you uncheck the pop-up box in the preferences and users click the link, it just replaces the main SMF forum window.

thanks!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: eng_HK on August 12, 2010, 12:10:39 PM
I'm using the 2.0RC3.

it will be greate have it as an option, if it's possible, or some istruction to do it..

Attach your Subs.php file from Sources

So you want the chat button disabled, because this will do that and only that, chat will still be accessible if you manually go to it

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

truongpq

Dear all,
I ussing SMF2.0 RC3,
I installed mod  AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1),
But when running chat link the system show erro below:

QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
My forum:
Quotehxxp:vuonmuom.com/diendan/index.php [nonactive]

Please hepl me check it.

Thanks.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Set the chat and shoutbox directories to 755, see if that changes anything, its a common issue and that's a common fix

SMF 2.0 RC5

truongpq

I use SMF2.0 RC3
I have complated install Ajax chat ver3.2.1,
When running Chat box, i have problem blow:

Please hepl me config it.

Thanks all.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Chmod the chat and shoutbox directories to 0755, sub directories and files too.

Common issue, easy fix. :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

nCogNeato

Quote from: greg04 on August 12, 2010, 04:25:18 PM
how would i go about getting the "Chat" link to open in a new tab, but NOT a popup?  if you uncheck the pop-up box in the preferences and users click the link, it just replaces the main SMF forum window.

thanks!

I'm also having pop-up issues.

Using SMF1.1.11.  I've managed to install Ajax and it's working great.  However, the "CHAT" button always opens in a new window.  Toggling the "chat in popup page?" Admin option has no effect.  Any ideas?

Casual Adult Gaming Community

Riu Erren

Hello, I'm having a problem with Ajax chat for SMF 2.0 RC3.  It seems to timeout members every sixty minutes or so. Even if there still on the chat page and being very active.

sattninja

is there a way for the members in the shoutbox to have the colors of their membergroups show
Running Rc4

linette97

Quote from: tRu3_sKiTz0 on August 08, 2010, 11:55:47 AM
Hey guys! I really want to add the topic/repy notify feature to my ajax shoutbox and I am having some trouble.

"The dateTime field of ajax_chat_messages needs the type changed to timestamp."

Can someone please explain this statement for me. Other than that I get an error when I go to start new topic. I took the mods out for now and I would be willing to upload my post.php if anyone wants to look at it. But I think the issue is that I am changing datetime to timestamp. Maybe I'm wrong. I just don't know where to find ajax_chat_messages. Thanks in advance.

It took me forever to figure this out myself... I searched the topic & found this reply Hope it helps!! It would be nice if they included this onto the original post about Post Notifications, I have been trying to figure this out for months and I posted a question just like you, but don't think anyone responded & if they did I certainly gave up after awhile 

WHERE TO FIND  "The dateTime field of ajax_chat_messages needs the type changed to timestamp" FOR Post Notifications

QuoteYou need to goto you your database using phpMyAdmin and change the ajaxchat_messages table from DATETIME to TIMESTAMP"
When you see the table, click on it, then hit the lil' pencil image to edit it, the you'll see the pull down menu to change it.
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Hey thank you so much. I am currently in myadmin and I can see the table but I cant edit the field. I don't see a pencil on the table list.

lazylivin

Good evening, I have what I believe to be a unique situation. In Ajax Chat members can ban/kick other members. They are not moderators. Has anyone seen this or have a recommendation to resolve?

Forum version: SMF 1.1.11

sattninja

you have to go into permissions for each member group and uncheck moderate chat for the members you do not want to be able to moderate

Running Rc4

nCogNeato

Quote from: sattninja on August 17, 2010, 01:00:09 AM
you have to go into permissions for each member group and uncheck moderate chat for the members you do not want to be able to moderate

Don't forget to crosscheck the default "Regular Members" settings with those of subset member groups.  "Regular Members" settings will override specific subset group settings.

Casual Adult Gaming Community

lazylivin

Wow thank you for the quick responses.

I checked all the settings very throughly before posting here and the only options for chat

Features and Options
-Enable the ShoutBox? - UnChecked
-Enable online chat users numbering on chat button? - Checked

Manage Permissions->Club Members
-Access to chat - Checked

Red-devil

It there a way or is this a bug to stop it removing the chats from forum shout box seems to be doing this every day.

I did a search for prune but only refers to the popout chat from what ive read and the settings indicated are as it said in the posts 365 days.

Im running this on 2.0 RC3. with ajax instant reply and  simple ads mods are the only other things installed.

Red-devil

Quote from: Red-devil on August 17, 2010, 07:33:37 AM
It there a way or is this a bug to stop it removing the chats from forum shout box seems to be doing this every day.

I did a search for prune but only refers to the popout chat from what ive read and the settings indicated are as it said in the posts 365 days.

Im running this on 2.0 RC3. with ajax instant reply and  simple ads mods are the only other things installed.

You need to look in members/permissions click modify for the group)s) to be changed under general tab

tRu3_sKiTz0

@linette97 I finally got the timestamp thing settled, thanks for your help. I still get an error when I post though and I can't tell how to get this fixed. I will try it again and upload the actual error and maybe even upload my post.php file. Hopefully we can get this squared away. I currently have the shoutbox disabled. I only want to use the shoutbox if I can get this tweak to work because I simply want to use it to notify new posts because people don't really come to my forum to chat anyway.

Advertisement: