AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nCogNeato

Quote from: nCogNeato on August 19, 2010, 09:04:35 AM
Quote from: nCogNeato on August 17, 2010, 07:28:38 PM
Quote from: nCogNeato on August 17, 2010, 03:27:05 PM
SMF 1.1.11

I had some issues getting the CHAT button to display the (usercount).

/Sources/Load.php
and
/Themes/default/index.template.php

seemed to always be the root of my problems, so I went in and manually edited them.  The (usercount) now displays fine, but now the actual CHAT button only appears while logged out of the forum.  As soon as I log into the forum, the CHAT button disappears but the (usercount) remains which is weird.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  I'm hoping someone has experienced this before, but from my search results it doesn't appear so.  If needed I can attach a copy of my Load.php and index.template.php files when I return home tonight.

Files attached.

Anyone willing to take a crack at this?   :-[

Anyone???

Casual Adult Gaming Community

Subject13

Something is wrong with this mod, its not letting me install it. Is it because of the current mods I have?

1.     Spoiler BBCode      1.1.1       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Remove Reply Prefix    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    YouTube BBCode    2.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags    1.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.     Anti-Spam Verification Questions      1.02       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]

PLEASE HELP. I have SMF 1.11 and I am using the Mystic Jade Theme from DzinerStudio

TheListener

Quote from: Subject13 on August 24, 2010, 12:23:14 PM
Something is wrong with this mod, its not letting me install it. Is it because of the current mods I have?

PLEASE HELP. I have SMF 1.11 and I am using the Mystic Jade Theme from DzinerStudio

Can you explain what you mean by 'not letting me install it?'

Subject13

"Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF. "

TheListener

Which package did you try an install?

Have you searched the topic to see if anyone else has had the same problem?

Subject13

I am trying to install AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Subject13 on August 24, 2010, 12:36:37 PM
"Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF. "

That simply means you just need to manually install it for some files, which files failed the tests, was their more to that error, below that, like a list of failed tests?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Subject13

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php     Test failed

TheListener

Just means that particular file requires a manual edit.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Subject13 on August 24, 2010, 08:58:20 PM
3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php     Test failed

All of the failed tests you will need to manually edit, from that I can see that's #3, is it the only failed test?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Subject13

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Subject13 on August 25, 2010, 01:10:09 PM
Yes

That makes life easier, attach it here, I will attempt to manually install that file then :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

unformatted_

Hi!

My ajaxchat sometimes freeze and the messagens dont show up for some seconds (20 to 60)

I see here, on the ajax chat form this question, but the reply is not solving this issue: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-chat/forums/forum/774132/topic/2850147

any clue please?

LeYoyo

Hi all

Quote from: legoracer on January 13, 2010, 08:31:09 PM
Thank you LC for responding! I agree with you as in researching questions before asking. I have read over the 247 pages... and there are stuff that is close to my problem but not exactly the same as my problem; more junk than i needed to read. But who am i to say that?

I will ask for the server log and see what I can find and report back. But looking through the admin panel error log this is the only log that doesn't have the load.php problem.

http://www.saveyourskin.ca/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=AjaxChatIntegration_3.2.1.zip 
Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8
File: /home/www/saveyourskin.ca/htdocs/forum/Packages/temp/Tables_1.1.X.php

I installed on the default theme. I have loaded and working on another theme but no one is using it as i have it turned off right now.

I have the same problem. I had a look in the next pages of this message, but couldn't find a solution.

Any idea ?
Sous SMF 2.0.8

LeYoyo

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 01, 2009, 11:31:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words mikungfu.

Damn...That was a tough one LOL. The problem seemed to be PHP version 4.4.4 and not being  set to UTF-8 like had to remove DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin from the DB query.

Glad it's up and runnin for ya . Now that it's over I can tell you that this was the first time I manually installed DB Tables LMAO! And your site is still running ....PHEW!!!

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 01, 2009, 10:49:38 PM
Sunking what mod is he talking about?
I think he thinks SK made this Mod  :D  I know he's makin some Mods for the Mod though ;)

Ok, Chatterbox here I come

I just tried to do this and to repack the zip file. But now, I have an error that the package is corrupted :/
Sous SMF 2.0.8

hcfwesker

As there been any word filers, or word censoring additions for the Ajax Chat.  I've checked the FAQ & wiki, but haven't found anything there.

TheListener

There is a word filter edit.

Have you checked the FAQs?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: hcfwesker on August 25, 2010, 09:31:24 PM
As there been any word filers, or word censoring additions for the Ajax Chat.  I've checked the FAQ & wiki, but haven't found anything there.

You will have to look again, it is their, just look a little harder.

SMF 2.0 RC5

hcfwesker

I have studied that whole FAQ page.  Can you just give me a hint :D  what is the bold heading in the FAQ I should be looking under.

EDIT:  Did a Google search, and found this link  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2077143#msg2077143

I swear I still haven't seen anything in the FAQ post in this topic about word censoring.

failhorse

I take back fixing my previous problem.

Shoutbox and chat show up blank for certain users. No pattern behind what OS or browser they are using. Anyone have similar issues? Thought I fixed this problem by reinstalling but it started again today. No errors showing, and you can still post, you just can't see any of them. Any ideas?

Advertisement: