AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baptie

Quote from: nob4uask on November 11, 2010, 06:11:50 PM
Quote from: baptie on November 11, 2010, 05:07:26 PM
Can anyone direct me to the method of removing the 'chat' button from Guest/non member header account logins?

In the index.template.php do a search for "chat" and find the code that adds the option.  Then add the following just before the "echo" command.

if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

This should make it where you can only see it if you are logged in.

I think that this is what you want.  I am new to this and my first 2 posts where asking for help..lol

Thanks dude, will give it a go tonight  ;)

broknindarkagain

How can I change the default background color of the shoutbox from white to black or grey?

DilSe

Stigmartyr

Does anyone know why chat would stop printing messages written in the text field?

I tried to use my ajax chat today, and the page loads fine.  Looks like its working, but when I go and type a message and press "Send" nothing is printed on screen...  I haven't touched any configs lately.  I did install Pretty URLS, but I disabled that to test, and even have it set to ignore the 'chat' action and no change, so I don't think it's that.

SMF Version 1.1.11

Thanks folks!!

viswanath608

i asked for help till now no one din't help me  :(  :-\

please help me

i have fixed one error but how to fix this error please help me to fix this :(  :'(

TheListener

Quote from: patricia2019 on November 11, 2010, 09:18:34 PM
It is possible to set-up this Mod, and have a password protected chat room? 

Is there anyone who could install this mod for me?

What do you mean by password protected chatroom?
Quote from: broknindarkagain on November 13, 2010, 11:06:37 PM
How can I change the default background color of the shoutbox from white to black or grey?

You should find the answer in the FAQs on the first post of the mod.

Quote from: viswanath608 on November 11, 2010, 09:37:47 AM

Please refer to previous answer.

Hello all,
i'm having problem in this mod  :( i have installed this mod and did all the permissions and all is done but its saying this error

(20:01:07) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500

please help me to fix it :(

Fo those whom request an update to the mod to RC4. Have you tried the advance then emulate method which can be found below the mod list?

great nuvi

Please Help me :'(

I installed ajaxchat integrator_321.zip and this is what happened:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getshoutboxcontent() (previously declared in /home/caregiv0/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:2208) in /home/caregiv0/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2286

I cant access my forum now. that message is showing on the browser. my forum is dead,
SMF v 1.1.12

What should I do??? Please help me.

OK problem solved!!! Thanks to my courage even if i might irreversibly damage my forum more ;D

What I did is to go to Load.php and find the script added when installing AJAX. deleted it.
Then I was able to view my forum again and uninstall ajax totally.

I panic to death actually :laugh:

graaywolf

Will this mod install on 1.1.12

can't update my forum till i know for sure... the last post wasn't encouraging.... the whole point of my forums was to have a chat room platform....

i'll keep 1.1.11 if it doesn't..... i've done allot of work putting in smileys & customizing

oh well

it's a good chat room.... to bad there's no real support for it

I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

JoeB

Fo those whom request an update to the mod to RC4. Have you tried the advance then emulate method which can be found below the mod list?

I tried this but still comes with same error:

TypeError: Object doesn't support this property or method

jrudder

This might have been answered here already but 360+ pages would take forever to look through- is ajax chat buggy for everyone or is it just my install? I have the latest version installed on rc3, it works, just seems pretty buggy. Hangs, kicks people out for invalid IPs, posts replies minutes after they have been entered...

thanks

hcfwesker

Ajax chat used to cause a lot of issues for me, due to my host not being able to run it, properly.  Got a bigger, better hosting company, and those issues were resolved.  Though, it has alot to do with really how active your chat is, and members in there.

Alto

hello
Great MOD works like a charm except...
I am getting an error when I log in (everyone sees this as well when they log in)

Can anyone direct me to what I did wrong and where I can fix it?
I did some adjusting (followed the great instructions at the top of this thread) to modify template, rooms, added message everything is awesome just what we needed, but this annoying error spoils the near perfection! help me please?

Error: Failed to load sound file (Flash IO Error).
it repeats 6 times in the chat window

RacingETR

Hola alguien me puede decir como es que se hace para que el CHAT no auto-borre los mensajes escritos en el chat?

También me gustaría saber como activarle un historial de conversaciones :3

Saludos

QuoteTodo lo que se hace se puede medir, sólo si se mide se puede controlar, sólo si se controla se puede dirigir y sólo si se dirige se  puede mejorar

Racing

Marcin737

Can someone recommend me how to move the shoutbox to be below the categories, please? I want it between categories and info center.

hcfwesker

^  Ummm, what smf version are you on?

Still waiting on the 2.0 RC4 update.  It's all that's keepung us from up[dating from 1.1.11 to smf 2 rc4 :(

danielwmoore

Quote from: hcfwesker on November 24, 2010, 11:37:34 PM
Still waiting on the 2.0 RC4 update.  It's all that's keepung us from up[dating from 1.1.11 to smf 2 rc4 :(

I installed it on a fresh RC4 installation without a problem.  However, it took a bit of tweaking on the shout.template.php file to make it more curve friendly. 

What this really needs is a new configuration option in the admin panel to allow you to choose top or bottom usage of the shoutbox.  Having to edit the files to do this manually is rather a drag.

TheListener

Quote from: Marcin737 on November 24, 2010, 07:30:51 PM
Can someone recommend me how to move the shoutbox to be below the categories, please? I want it between categories and info center.

The answer is in the posts somewhere. This has been requested before.

great nuvi

Quote from: psyxeon on November 08, 2010, 06:12:08 PM
I just noticed this error in Google chrome only.

Firefox and explorer working fine no errors

This appears every time I refresh the page and c click on the chat, smilies or shout box

Same error on me but only when entering chat

RCmod

Hello I'm trying to get a little help adding the chat button to my custom theme.

I have a custom yellow version of Flagrant that I'm trying to add the "Chat" tab to.

This is the code I added to the index.template.php file.

// If the user is a guest, also show [register] button.
            if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
               echo '<li><a ' , $current_action=='register' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=register"><span>' , $txt[97] , '</span></a></li>';

// the [chat] button
   $chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
   $num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
   echo $context['browser']['is_ie4'] ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '', '
      <td valign="top" class="maintab_back">
         <a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a>
      </td>';   

// Otherwise, they might want to [logout]...
            if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
               echo '<li><a ' , $current_action=='logout' ? ' class="current"' : '' , 'href="', $scripturl, '?action=logout;sesc=', $context['session_id'], '"><span>' , $txt[108] , '</span></a></li>';

Everything after "// the [chat] button" and before "// Otherwise, they might want to [logout]..." is the code that makes the chat link appear, its jut appearing incorrectly, although its working correctly.

This is the result of adding the above code.

Got a little help from Crip, the author of Flagrant and he suggested that I use this code instead.

// The [chat] button
   echo '<li><a ' , $current_action=='chat' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat"><span>Chat</span></a></li>';

This makes the tab appear correctly but when clicked on doesn't open the chat. I know there is some editing to Crip's code that needs to be done to make it work right but I honestly cant figure it out. Can some one help me with this please?

Thanks a lot and happy Thanksgiving.

Advertisement: