News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farjo

AjaxChat opens a new window - there's an option for it to be a pop-up.

What's wrong with Flashchat??

ps in case you hadn't already spotted it, the SMFv2 file is here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3144830#msg3144830

TheListener

With this mod you have the choice of having the chat in a pop up window.

Although the chat does also have the shoutbox I only use the chat due to having the shoutbox with my portal.

GB_Techie

Is this the fix for the latest version as well (blank page problem)?  The post says that it will be included in the newest version and that was back in 2009.  Cheers.

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 19, 2009, 12:03:37 AM
Here some known issues and fixes caused by either other Mods or some servers

• If you install the Mod and it looks like it installs fine but the shoutbox and chat room are blank please READ THIS
If you get a 500 Connection error you might have to set your file permissions as well.
There are 2 folder for the AJAX Chat Intergration Mod "Chat" and "Shoutbox".
For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 be sure to change the file permissions (CHMOD) /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php to 755 (and in some cases CHMOD the actual "Folders" as well).
This could possible be the solution for this as well.... "If you install the Mod and it looks like it installs fine but the   shoutbox and chat room are blank"
THE Lesbian guide - www.gingerbeer.co.uk

TheListener

If that is the error you have then it is something you have to do manually in your cp.

The mod can't do that for you.

GB_Techie

Sorry, I might be misunderstanding...

On installing the ajaxchat integration mod, clicking on 'chat' gives me a blank page.  Is the fix mentioned above, still the fix since it's two years old?  I don't want to make the edit and break anything any further.

My SMF 2.0 installation works fine otherwise.

Farjo

It contains the htaccess files if that's what you mean?

razors edge

Quote from: Farjo on August 31, 2011, 10:12:57 AM
AjaxChat opens a new window - there's an option for it to be a pop-up.

What's wrong with Flashchat??

ps in case you hadn't already spotted it, the SMFv2 file is here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3144830#msg3144830

I like flash chat, I have the latest version 6 of it but no one has created a integration for the user database. If it was integrated I would not be searching for a replacement.

Farjo

GB_Techie

Quote from: Farjo on August 31, 2011, 02:01:55 PM
It contains the htaccess files if that's what you mean?

yes, but does editing the htaccess file fix the blank page problem?  The post says that it would be fixed in the latest version...which is the one that I've installed.

razors edge

Ok so I downloaded the ajax chat software and the integration tool for smf 2.0 (thanks to whom made this). Everything seems to be working fine except I noticed something weird. In the upper right hand corner is a link, the link says "integrated with SMF" but when you click on it it goes to some foriegn site. what is this and where did it come from?

Farjo

It says "It will also hopefully be added to the package in future releases" not "that it would be fixed in the latest version". Try it and see if it works on your server.

razors edge, I believe it is a website belonging to .HuNTeR.

razors edge

Quote from: Farjo on August 31, 2011, 03:19:00 PM
It says "It will also hopefully be added to the package in future releases" not "that it would be fixed in the latest version". Try it and see if it works on your server.

razors edge, I believe it is a website belonging to .HuNTeR.

I installed flashchat and could not get it to work. But so far I am liking the ajax chat instead. Very easy to install and is very clean.

Farjo

"Very easy to install" - I think you must have the wrong version LOL

Hackathon

Where can I change the font color, font size, background etc.. cause I'm using black skin. it looks weird   :P

TheListener

Hackathon

Is your chat open to guests?

If so please link to it and I will show you.

Easier than explaining in here.

Hackathon

Brack1

that's just a my localhost.. :D

I still haven't install this on my real site..

TheListener

rightio

There should be some symbols on the lower right of the chat screen.

One looks like a spanner. Have a look through them.

Hackathon

Here right? i saw spanner at the bottom part

I've changed the style but it still look the same above,,  :(

Farjo

Hi Hackathon, do you mean changing the colours permanently for every chateer? If so it's probably the style sheet you want to edit. Your screen-shot shows you are using the Mercury theme so the file to look at is ./chat/css/Mercury.css - you'll have to experiment to see what changes what (unless someone else knows?).

Make a backup of it first and let us know your findings :)

TheListener

Advertisement: