News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Quote from: noeyes on November 08, 2011, 06:48:16 AM
Hello again
I must have seen wrong, because it does not work in some of my templates. I get no errors in the core templated when I install.
I get this error in both my template.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Themes/default/languages/index.danish-utf8.php:1)
in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Themes/default/languages/index.danish-utf8.php:1)
in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 37

in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41
Best regards
Noeyes
Is index.danish-utf8.php writable, check chmod settings and set it to 777 and try again, utf8 is the same edits as normal but I don't work with
anything other then English and normal php files.
I might be able to work it our for you but would need admin and so on, you could PM me you URL if you like.
Maybe someone else knows the answer to this problem?

cheers

oldguest

Hello Again
I have tryed to change my default language to english, and now i get this message.
AJAX Chat

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Themes/default/languages/Faq.english-utf8.php:1)
in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Themes/default/languages/Faq.english-utf8.php:1)
in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 37

in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41
I hope anyone have a solution.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Noeyes

cloksin

This mod is frigging driving me nuts.

I installed the mod and it was working (finally).  Now its not working.  The chat window opens up but there is nothing in the online list, and nothing you type in the submit window gets displayed in the main window.

Looking at the database all logins, logouts, and messages are updated to the database, but this data is not being written to the chat window.  This program is super fragile and seems to break for no reason all the time.  I've deleted the config.php file and re-installed it but that still doesn't work.

Why won't the database data write back to the chat window, what do I have to do to make this buggy program work properly without failing in the matter of a day or two?
SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

oldguest

Hello All
I have found a solution, but now i can't use my faq 1.1 mod.
If i have installed my faq 1.1 module, i can't use my ajax chat, but if i uninstall my faq module, the chat works.
Can anyone explain how to correct this, so both the modules works.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Noeyes

TheListener

Which version of this mod?

Is FAQ 1.1 the latest version?

I use both mods with no problems.

T3CHN0

Quote from: cloksin on November 08, 2011, 10:19:55 AM

I installed the mod and it was working (finally).  Now its not working.  The chat window opens up but there is nothing in the online list, and nothing you type in the submit window gets displayed in the main window.

Looking at the database all logins, logouts, and messages are updated to the database, but this data is not being written to the chat window.  This program is super fragile and seems to break for no reason all the time.  I've deleted the config.php file and re-installed it but that still doesn't work.

Why won't the database data write back to the chat window, what do I have to do to make this buggy program work properly without failing in the matter of a day or two?
Hi Had a look at you site with IE FF and Chrome and Chrome error's.
looks like your problem goes beyond chat. it's more looking like a java error like I had once before
I had to edit my shoutbox and remove the SHOUT button and I get no more errors, you might need to do the same.
here in this image is the error I get on your site after clicking on chat.

click image to make bigger

T3CHN0

Quote from: Brack1 on November 08, 2011, 05:51:49 PM
Which version of this mod?

Is FAQ 1.1 the latest version?

I use both mods with no problems.
I installed FAQ 1.1 as well and tested it on my site. I have about 180 mods already installed and now FAQ and chat still works fine.

TheListener

cloksin

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 08, 2011, 05:58:48 PM
Quote from: cloksin on November 08, 2011, 10:19:55 AM

Hi Had a look at you site with IE FF and Chrome and Chrome error's.
looks like your problem goes beyond chat. it's more looking like a java error like I had once before
I had to edit my shoutbox and remove the SHOUT button and I get no more errors, you might need to do the same.
here in this image is the error I get on your site after clicking on chat.

click image to make bigger

I'm not using the ajax shoutbox, just the chat, my shoutbox is the simpleportal shoutbox.

How do I edit the shoutbox and remove the shout button, which file is it in?
SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

cloksin

ok, I found some info on that error, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3117418#msg3117418

I made the change, changing this on line 133 of FABridge.js

if (/Explorer/.test(navigator.appName) || /Konqueror|Safari|KHTML/.test(navigator.appVersion))

to this

if ((!(/Chrome/.test(navigator.appVersion))) && ((/Explorer/.test(navigator.appName) || /Konqueror|Safari|KHTML/.test(navigator.appVersion))))

This got rid of the error showing in Chrome, but chat still isn't working.
SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

T3CHN0

Quote from: cloksin on November 08, 2011, 09:49:44 PM
I'm not using the ajax shoutbox, just the chat, my shoutbox is the simpleportal shoutbox.
How do I edit the shoutbox and remove the shout button, which file is it in?
I knew you were not using the shout box but rather just the chat.
try this html I attached. I removed the submit button already.. Rename the old one first as a backup
and if if still don't work or you like it better the other way you can just remove this html and rename the other one back
to before.

I don't know if this will help your problem but it did work with mine as I use a weather widget and got errors all the time
untill I removed the submit buttons.

put this htlm in both /chat/lib/template & shoutbox/lib/template
also while your there remember to check chmod setting in the index.php files are set to 755

and in your /chat/.htaccess has the following

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./index.php [L,QSA]

and your /shoutbox/.htaccess has the following
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]

see how you go with that...

cloksin

Checked the htaccess files, added your file to both directories, chmodded everthing, tried both 755 and 777, cleared the file cache, still not working.  What else can I try?  Is it a setting somewhere on my server? I have a dedicated server running CentOS with full access via console, but I don't know where to look for this.
SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

T3CHN0

Try your settings like this, it will turn on your shoutbox, then test chat... after that then untick the option I marked in yellow
and test chat again...

click on image to make bigger

cloksin

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 09, 2011, 07:28:44 AM
Try your settings like this, it will turn on your shoutbox, then test chat... after that then untick the option I marked in yellow
and test chat again...

click on image to make bigger

OK, tried your suggestion, with the settings set as you have them in the image and chat still did not work.  In the shoutbox I got this error - ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0

I unticked the option you indicated and tried chat again, it still is not working.
SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

jordanbork

As tempting as it is to search through 420 pages, I figured I'd just ask. When new users register on the forums, they don't have access to the chat. This is my first week with smf, no other addons btw, so maybe there's just something simple I'm missing? Thanks in advance for help!!

T3CHN0

Quote from: jordanbork on November 09, 2011, 09:54:25 PM
As tempting as it is to search through 420 pages, I figured I'd just ask. When new users register on the forums, they don't have access to the chat. This is my first week with smf, no other addons btw, so maybe there's just something simple I'm missing? Thanks in advance for help!!
In members permissions, you pick who and who doesn't see the chat can post in chat and so on

TheListener

QuoteChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0

The way to solve this is already mentioned in the mods FAQs on the first post.

T3CHN0

Quote from: Brack1 on November 10, 2011, 12:31:16 AM
QuoteChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0

The way to solve this is already mentioned in the mods FAQs on the first post.
in this case that error was not the norm,

could you put a bit more info next time maybe!! to help others, like maybe a link to the 'fix', not everyone knows where to look and save other time as well.

In this case the forum has errors and there making chat and shoutbox not work... I am working on this for her right now with a fresh rebuild of the whole forum..

MrNicotine

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 02, 2011, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: MrNicotine on November 01, 2011, 07:42:24 PM
I was able to change the moderator color in the shoutbox (shoutbox.css) but I cannot find the same option for the Chat.
I would like it to be the same color instead of the standard green. Where can I find this?
If it's to be found at all ;) . I'm not sure this is possible

Tx, Nicotine
you will need to do some editing as there are a few .css files and you will need to change the color in all of them
in both directory's shoutbox/css and chat/css

in all the .css files

this should do the trick for you

And it did ;) Thanks.

But now I have a new problem. I'm using version 3.2.1. I installed Aeva lite on my forum two days ago, and now I hear (and tested) that anyone higher than a normal user can see the shout and chat, and use it. But a normal user can see an empty shoutbox with no possibility to shout, and the chat button simply links to the forntpage of my forum, in a popup. But no chat.
I'm removing Aeva now, hoping it will fix the problem, but I hope that there is someone with a solution or cause, so I can reinstall Aeva.

Note: Avea installed without problems or errors, but I didn't have an adminpanel for it, and it didn't function. So I used the parser and filled in the pieces that were missing, and it worked. Thought I mention this, maybe it's part of the problem ;)

Thanks in advance
MrNicotine

Edit: I removed Aeva manually (backwards parser for the mod), but this doesn't help. Still no acces for my users....
I have no idea what's causing this.....

T3CHN0

MrNicotine
If members above Regular Members can see and enter in chat then it sounds like it's working.
have you checked Admin>Members>Permissions and make sure Regular Members have access?

Advertisement: