AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brunob

Hello,

anyone with the same problem and solution maybe?  :(

Greatings BrunoB :)

electricwildflower

Out of curiosity i want to install this to my test forum and play around with it. Now i went down the emulation path due to not being a version for 2.0.6. Anyway i go to install and are thrown with the following errors.

Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
Replace    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
Sources/Load.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
Add After    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

purple1 theme
--------------------
Execute Modification    ./Themes/purple1/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/purple1/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Themes/purple1/index.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/purple1/index.template.php    Test failed

what should i do now can i manually add the missing code as shown when you click the icon if it's possible or what route should i take ?

npetrov

Quote from: electricwildflower on November 23, 2013, 02:53:05 PM
Out of curiosity i want to install this to my test forum and play around with it. Now i went down the emulation path due to not being a version for 2.0.6. Anyway i go to install and are thrown with the following errors.

Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
Replace    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
Sources/Load.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
Add After    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

purple1 theme
--------------------
Execute Modification    ./Themes/purple1/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/purple1/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Themes/purple1/index.template.php    Test failed
Add Before    ./Themes/purple1/index.template.php    Test failed

what should i do now can i manually add the missing code as shown when you click the icon if it's possible or what route should i take ?

Hello,
You should add manually the code in files that are marked as "Test failed" and then you should fix permissions in shoutBox/ and chat/ directories. After that the plugin work just fine .

Edit:
Remember, after each update of the settings of this mod you must fix permissions again, because it makes files in chat/ and shoutBox/ writeable by group... (It is possible that this is not mandatory, it depends on your host and webserver/php configuration)
If this is Linux/Unix platform and you have ssh access just issue the following commands:
find chat/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;\
find shoutBox/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;\

electricwildflower

Thanks for the response i will get round to this when i can and give it a whirl and let you know how i get on thanks :)

sneakers

Hello,
Ajax Chat 0.8.2 works ok. Someone installed a new version of Ajax Chat 0.8.6 on SMF 2.0.6. In the chat window, click on "logout" does the action logout-login (chat window doesn't close):
Quote(19:08:31) ChatBot: user logs out of the Chat.
(19:08:32) ChatBot: user logs into the Chat.

After update to 0.8.6 (overwrite old files) doesn't display online chat users numbering on chat button and online users below total logged in time section :(

Big Gee

Having quickly scanned through this thread I can't find a solution to the following problem.

I can install AjaxChat 0.8.6 fine on my server & it works a treat in my SMF 2.0.6 version. However when I try to install AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1 from the Package Manager I get the following error message:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Just in case the downloaded files were corrupt I've re downloaded & attempted to install this mod a few times but get the same error message.

Is AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1 compatible with SMF version 2.0.6?

I am using a "Bright Forest" theme - could this be what's causing the problem? If the theme is the problem do I need to edit any php files in the theme to get the AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1 to work with it? If so could you tell me which files need editing and what is the coding that needs to be inserted/ modified please.

At the moment the Chat feature is useless because there is no indicator on the main site pages to show the activity within the Chat Room. I need to have the AjaxChat software fully integrated.

Many thanks in advance,

G.

SuperZambezi

I'm having an issue where the shoutbox is blank on my new custom theme while it still works fine on my old custom theme. Here's the strange thing. I left my main page open with the blank shoutbox in one tab while I switched back to the old custom theme in another tab. After the shoutbox loaded on the old theme, the shoutbox on the new theme began to work.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? And I checked the FAQs regarding blank pages. :P Thanks!

Arantor

I moved this to the Chat/Shoutboxes category on the mod site.

richconner

I am receiving a "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF." issue when installing AJAXChat.  Any advice on where to start?

MrNicotine

Assuming you're trying to install 3.2.1, you need to emulate an older version of smf. Like 2.0rc3
But be prepared to make necessary edits to your files via parser.

richconner

Quote from: MrNicotine on January 30, 2014, 01:17:29 PM
Assuming you're trying to install 3.2.1, you need to emulate an older version of smf. Like 2.0rc3
But be prepared to make necessary edits to your files via parser.

How does one emulate an older version of smf

TheListener

Read the mod emulate link in my signature.

;)

GamePersia

MrNicotine

More specific on what's not working would be nice  :'(

Jeffrey King

Quote from: GamePersia on January 31, 2014, 11:59:46 PM
Not working on SMF 2.0.7  :'(
Any Advice ?

GamePersia, some questions.
What is it doing? What errors are you getting? Did you backup? (In order to install a mod you must backup)

GamePersia

Quote from: Jeffrey King on February 01, 2014, 09:53:02 AM
Quote from: GamePersia on January 31, 2014, 11:59:46 PM
Not working on SMF 2.0.7  :'(
Any Advice ?

GamePersia, some questions.
What is it doing? What errors are you getting? Did you backup? (In order to install a mod you must backup)
Installations actions for "AjaxChat Integration"
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
Backup already done in backup zone !
Help needed
................ :(

MrNicotine

Quote from: SuperZambezi on January 13, 2014, 01:50:02 AM
I'm having an issue where the shoutbox is blank on my new custom theme while it still works fine on my old custom theme. Here's the strange thing. I left my main page open with the blank shoutbox in one tab while I switched back to the old custom theme in another tab. After the shoutbox loaded on the old theme, the shoutbox on the new theme began to work.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? And I checked the FAQs regarding blank pages. :P Thanks!

Based on this, your shoutbox refreshes when you put the cursor in the text line, while the rest of your site does not.
So this is no surprise. Did you manually edit the files in your new theme?

sneakers

Hello,
Do shoutbox has a log file? If so, what is the url?
Is it possible to specify the number of messages displayed in the shoutbox?

Thanks!

CreativeITWorld.com

Quote from: hcfwesker on July 23, 2011, 07:50:33 PM

Error Concerning Google Chrome in the Ajax Chat.

Quote from: Farjo on July 23, 2011, 10:35:00 AM
In the previous pages I've noticed this error cropping up:

TypeError: Object #<HTMLObjectElement> has no method 'create'

I can only recreate it in Chrome, not Firefox or Opera. Does this give any clues to its cause / solution?

It is an error for chrome users only.  But I do have the fix.   The solution is an outdated FABridge.js file   , that needs to be updated.

I'll upload the updated one, attached to this post.

Goto  public_html/chat/js/

And upload the file there, to overwrite the old one.

Note to Chrome users: Remember to open chat and press CTRL + R to flush Chrome's cache. After you do that, close the chat window and try opening it again.

Since the last post on this subject was about fifty pages back ...

Latest series of updates to Opera from v15 on have the same problem as Google Chrome. Reason: Opera is now built on the same system as Chrome.

Result using supplied fix by hcfwesker: Chat once again works in the latest updates of Chrome and Opera (v19).

Advertisement: