News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Force Topic Read on Login

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 28, 2008, 05:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestfriendavinash

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

tMicky

Can you use it with the Welcome Topic Mod, so the new user sees that first?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kimmie

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Is there a way I can change it to require them to reply to the topic?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

I'd really really really really really really like it done so please let me know what I need to do to make it happen :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

imrich

This mod used to be working perfectly for me.  But now it's forcing a read to the indicated topic for everyone, each time they login, even if they have read it before.

It's been a while since I first installed this mod and thought I remembered that it worked in that a user would only be forced to read a particular message the first time, not every time they logged in.

I am currently using SMF 2.0.3 and version 2.1 of this mod.

I use this mod to send new users to a 'welcome' message the first time they login. The welcome message gets a little old after they have seen it many many times. LOL

Note that the 'welcome' message is a 'locked' and 'sticky' message, could this be affecting the operation of this mod?

Any ideas of where I should look so not to continually force a read of this topic every time they login? Thanks for any help!

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on December 28, 2012, 01:29:42 AM
I'd really really really really really really like it done so please let me know what I need to do to make it happen :).

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :D

Jonesy125

Would be great if you could specify multiple topics that needed to be read.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

iain sherriff

Hi
using this with Anecdota/2.0.4.
I get this
// Start Force Read Topic on Login Mod $helptxt['force_read_topic_id'] = 'To find the topic ID, do the following:
-Open the topic you wish.
-Copy the URL. It should be in this format: http://yoursite.com/forum/index.php?topic=123456.0
-Copy the topic ID (ex, the bolded area: 123456)
-Go to the Features and Options > Basic Settings in your admin panel
-Copy the topic ID (ex: 123456) into this topic ID box'; // End Force Read Topic on Login Mod

at the top of some pages (not all)
i have checked that ?> is at the end of modifications.english.php.it is.

The mod installed OK but is not redirecting.
i have tried a member account that I know hasn't read the topic and I have read all this topic.
It is enabled and I have tried the default theme.

mods installed
QuoteCopyright and Footer Links    3.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Voter Visibility    1.01    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Google Analytics Code    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Topic Solved    1.1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Thank-o-matic    3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    VigLink    1.3    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Similar Topics    0.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Order Custom Profile Fields    1.1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC5/Final Plugin    3.2.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    SMF 2.0.3 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    SMF 2.0.4 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Ad Managment    3.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    SimpleColorizer    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Member Color Link    3.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Default_Membergroup    1.0.0.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC5/Final Plugin    3.4.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    Christmas Smileys    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    FAQ Mod    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.    Force Topic Read On Login Mod    2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.    Search Focus Dropdown

the bit of code above tells me to go to "basic settings" .am I right in thinking that does not apply to 2.0.4? 9I have put the topic number in the modification settings along with enable.

thanks

(this is not the board in my signature. It is in a closed board so no point giving you the link atm. I can give access if needed tho)
SMF 2.0.12

Mr.FixIT

This mod doesn't work with smf 2.0.4 regardless what it says in topic for the mod....it doesn't work at all.  Even tried emulating without luck.  Also it says to look under basic settings and add topic id there but there is no location to enter it for there isn't a basic setting area....what settings there are under it says nothing about a id for the topic so this will need to be adjusted in order to work with smf 2.0.4 sad to say....  :(

I was hoping to redirect new members to the rules but I guess not.  Thanks for trying though but you should edit and remove the smf 2.0.4 from versions it works with for it doesn't. 

davidgould

Doesn't work here on 2.04 either.  No errors reported, just no change in SMF behaviour.

davidgould

Any chance of this getting fixed?  It would be very very useful here.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

danielwmoore

For those out there wondering, in 2.0.6, you can use the settings in the Admin panel, but they do absolutely nothing. User's aren't having to read any topic. It's like a useless checkbox and textbox taking up room in the admin panel.

It's a shame, too. This sure would be handy to direct new users to the rules on their first login, or a welcome message, depending on your preference.

I have a forum that is closing in just under a month, and was going to use it to redirect all users that have been there for years to the topic announcing the closure, so they'd know what to expect.

Ah, well. I suppose that's what Newsletters are for.

Hristo

Works fine on my localhost test forum with 98 mods installed.

Advertisement: