Stat Battle / RPG Mod

Started by Daisuke_aurora, September 04, 2008, 11:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daisuke_aurora

I decided to call the game "Reflections" on my site. These are a few screens of it in action.

As of now, you can explore the area to engage in fights and events that develop the story further, or jump in the gauntlet to fight increasingly tougher enemies. there is also an Inn to heal at, a section to upgrade your stats, a special section for specifc boss fights that you can unlock in explore mode, and a stats board to track what you've done during fights against other players. Also, there is a large inventory in the shop and hidden shops with increasingly better items can be found in explore mode.

Skills and abilities are in the works, and Magic and Items can be used in combat, as well as PvP.

I've been pretty busy these past months, but I plan to keep working on this and post updates when I can.

chinaren

Oooooh!  I like! 

One question: Would it be possible to edit the 'map' with your own descriptions?  Also I have the SA shop, would it work with that, or would I have to reinstall the SMF shop?  (Which I'm thinking of doing anyway).
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

Daisuke_aurora

I can make it work with any version of the shop, and and as far as the storyline / descriptions of the maps and enemies, it can all be changed around. Equipment and skills / abilities can all be edited to your liking. I'm currently contemplating whether or not to make multiple playable characters, like allies, to help you fight enemies, and whether or not to make them automated or controllable in combat if I do.

Daisuke_aurora

UPDATE: Explore mode has been cleaned up and worked on, now featuring life bars, map of the area, and arrows instead of text links where applicable.

Also, a Challenge mode has been completed, allowing members to challenge each other at any time in any place. challenging a member sends them a PM, in which they can accept the duel to open a thread automatically in the arena. It will choose which fighter goes first and then members can fight each other.

And finally for now, a "Sell" feature has been created for the SMFshop, allowing members to sell back their purchased goods for half of the value that was paid for it, and a "Forge" feature has been made, allowing members to combine items into more powerful or more useful ones.

Sorry it is taking so long, but I have gotten free time only recently and have spent the last few nights working on the system. Also I switched to a paid host, and the new dojo was just recently put up.

Masrit

This is very interesting. I am really looking forward to testing this out.
For the explore, will there be a way to edit it to how you want to put it. Like if you want you own story line to go in. And as well as quests or things like that.

Edit. Just noticed someone else asked that. That would be cool. Is there anyway for a quick download or someway that I can be a tester. I have a little experience in php, not too much though.
Your doing an awesome job. Wish I could help.

Daisuke_aurora

My next idea is to make an Admin section that lets you input a few basic things (Dialogue on the screen, which directions you can move in, the area's location, events, etc.) and then have it generate a map square for that specific input, allowing a person to create an entire map complete with encounters, events and whatnot in a relatively shorter time.

KingNFM

I'm optimistic seeing that you're latest post was this month and this year....

Any news?  I recently converted over to SMF again after being away a few years.  I'd love to add this to my site.

Thanks!

Daisuke_aurora

About to put the mod into testing phase, probably in mid to late June. The site is up right now, and the mod seems to be working fine, in about a week I'll pull the forum out of maintainence mode and people can come sign up and try it out.

As of right now, assuming the testing goes well, I would spend most of june making an admin section for the RPG mod, allowing you to easily configure the game, enemies, locations / maps, and bosses. The shop already handles the inventory and currency parts nicely, so i'll leave those in the shop admin.

avguste

This sounds great. Any ETA on when the mod will be available for download?

Advertisement: