One Login to SMF 1.12 and Joomla 1.0.12 (no other features needed)

Started by rooster, September 04, 2008, 10:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how I could have a single login to SMF 1.12 and Joomla 1.0.12, without any other additional features (e.g. single registration, wrapped, other integration)?

The users on SMF 1.12 and Joomla 1.0.12 have the same set of username and passwords.

Thanks.

青山 素子

Yes, if you happen to have a copy of our Joomla! bridge before it was discontinued. I believe the bridge developed by joomlahacks.com will also work, but we will not support it here.

There are some big security holes in Joomla! 1.0.12, you really should upgrade. If you want the continuing support of an official bridge, we do offer one for the Mambo project.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

rooster

Thanks for your reply, Motoko-chan.

I do have the Orsito's bridge and Joomlahack's bridge, but they both seem to require merging of databases, which I want to avoid.

I want to keep SMF and Joomla separate.

The only thing I want is a Joomla module to allow single login to Joomla as well as SMF at the same time. All the other integration features are not required. In fact, I don't want all the other integration features. Only single login and single logout. That's all I want.

How do I achieve that?

Thanks.

Orstio

Neither my bridge nor the joomlahacks integration merges databases.

rooster

Thank you Orstio for the confirmation and reassurance that the databases are not merged. That's a relief.  :)

I have tried Orstio's bridge again, and it seems to work nicely, without me synching the user logins between SMF and Joomla.

The com_smf login module works well.

I was wondering if there is a dedicated URL that I could use for a standalone (bridge) login page (like the one that Joomla has)?

If so, what is the URL?

Thanks again.

Kindred

the joomla site no longer uses smf... and never used a bridge.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: