News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Issues going from Beta 3.1 -> 4

Started by spearfish, September 07, 2008, 08:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spearfish

Hey,

A lot of the buttons on the new theme are messed up.  I had a clean install of Beta 3.1.

What I did:
~Uninstalled the 1 mod I had running.
~Uploaded all the files in the update zip file
~Ran upgrade.php

Check it out.  The buttons don't display properly.  What's going on :(

greyknight17

Why did you run upgrade.php? If you already have SMF 2.0 beta, all that's needed to update to the newest release was via the Admin panel or Packages panel. There is a link telling you to install it from there instead. That should have retained all your theme layout for the most part.

What buttons are missing now? Are they customized buttons? Also is this a new forum setup. I see it looks like it's brand new.

spearfish

Okay... I just looked at a forum which I haven't yet upgraded to B4.  The admin panel does indeed tell me that I have version B3.1, and the latest is B4; but doesn't tell me to do anything about it or how to upgrade.  I've attached some screenshots from my B3.1 forum.

All that went wrong was the last button on many menus didn't get the background.  And this is a new forum, I installed it last night.

greyknight17

Sorry about that. I take it back. You're right....it looks like all SMF 2.0 users will need to get it through the downloads page :(

What button is missing the background? I took a look at your forum earlier and didn't see anything wrong with it.

spearfish

http://www.demo.ericvernon.com/index.php

Check out the "Register" / "Logout" button on the menubar.  There's no background.... it looks like most of the buttons that are the last in their row have that problem too.

You can take a look, but probably later tonight / tomorrow I'll reinstall the forum from scratch to see if the problem persists.  It was my first upgrade ever, so there's a good chance I messed something up.

redone

Did you resolve this then? The forum I see appears fine.

spearfish

Yeah... I feel really silly right now.

Turns out I forgot to clear my cache and was using an old style sheet..  Resolved.

Advertisement: