News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search Engine Question

Started by ross85, September 14, 2008, 12:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross85

Hi,
I changed the title of my site about 2 weeks ago and was wondering how long if ever will google or other search engine take to change the way my site comes up when searched. It still comes up as the original title. I have seen google bots and others back on my site since the change. Just wondering.

brandonroy

Your forum was last crawled by googles spiders on Aug 30, 2008. Give it some time. It depends on how popular site is. The more popular a site is with lots of action, the more often the spiders will visit your site and keep it updated in the SERPS.

You need to put your link on some popular sites that get crawled alot. Because the spiders will follow the link from that site to yours and bam. Submit an interesting post on your forum to sites like Digg.

ross85

HoTmetal

You can setup some google alerts to find out when they make changes..

http://www.google.com/alerts

:D

djrem

Your site looks like its based on illegal tv-links

use bigger sites and "borrow" content to build up your database.

Dodgey stuff really and not much of a commnity as peopel go to watch, not to discuss.

HoTmetal

I wouldn't go as far as to say "borrow"  per say, perhaps use for ideas... but you get the point :D

Advertisement: