News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Prettier Quotes

Started by Deprecated, September 15, 2008, 08:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

Link to Mod

Obsolete

Sabre™

Nice mod mate :)
It's compatible to 1.1.6 aswell.

A question... How would you go about adding the closing quotation??
Would you be willing to add this also?

Thanks mate :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Deprecated

It had been my understanding (an incorrect one as it turns out) that the new quote style would be included in the Beta 4 release. Obviously that wasn't the case so I went ahead and released the mod.

I had been using this mod package on my Beta 3.1 sites so it was just a matter of slapping a screen shot on it and releasing the package, and no additional work necessary. A "free" mod so to speak.

So it works on 1.1.6? I haven't had any time available to test my mods on older SMF versions.

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Deprecated

No closing quote. You will have to satisfy your grammarian urges somewhere else other than my mod. :)

Sabre™

Asshandler

This
Quote from: Sabre™ on September 16, 2008, 04:43:46 AM
Nice mod mate :)
It's compatible to 1.1.6 aswell.

A question... How would you go about adding the closing quotation??
Would you be willing to add this also?

Thanks mate :)

Didn't work on 1.1.6 for me.  Well, the package installer didn't anyway, I'll poke around the manual method and see if it works.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Asshandler

Works fine if you manually implement it.  :)

Sabre™

Yeah, the package is set to install only on smf2.x.x
So it would only install if you edit that to accept 1.x.x, or manually install it.
I forgot to mention that for others, as I usually manually install and well.....  just forgot lol ;)

P.S.
Had a good laugh at your handle

Deprecated

I'm checking it out right now. It never occurred to me to see if it worked on 1.1.6. Unfortunately I've got a problem with my 1.1.6 test site and I'm in the middle of resetting the files.

Please! That's Equus asinus Handler. ;)

Asshandler

The mod itself definitely works on 1.1.6, just the package installer needs to updated to let it know.

Deprecated

Please be advised that I have added SMF 1.1.6 compatibility to this mod package.

As far as I know it should be compatible with all SMF versions.

efil59

Hi,
My site us hebrew. How can i change it to rtl, so the Quote will appear at the right position?

Thanks,
Efil.

Deprecated

Hi Efil!

My friend Sabre has already done that (both sides actually) and I've invited him to join us and tell you how to get it done. I'm pretty sure he'll be by later today because he too is a great SMF enthusiast. He is better able to help you since he's already done it where I would have to do some research and testing first.

Hey Sabre, you around? :)

efil59

Quote from: Deprecated on October 18, 2008, 08:36:57 AM
Hi Efil!

My friend Sabre has already done that (both sides actually) and I've invited him to join us and tell you how to get it done. I'm pretty sure he'll be by later today because he too is a great SMF enthusiast. He is better able to help you since he's already done it where I would have to do some research and testing first.

Hey Sabre, you around? :)

Thank you!
Thanks,
Efil.

Sabre™

Hi Efil.

I'll get to you as soon as I can mate.
Im trying to recover my site from a corrupt backup.
Note to self: keep more than one >:(

Thanks

efil59

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 28, 2008, 03:35:02 PM
Hi Efil.

I'll get to you as soon as I can mate.
Im trying to recover my site from a corrupt backup.
Note to self: keep more than one >:(

Thanks

OK
Thanks,
Efil.

FragaCampos

I installed it manually in my 1.1.6 forum and it works. But i only made the change that comes in the modification1.xml file, since i was unable to find "blockquote" on my theme's style.css. Is this ok?

Also:

QuoteThis modification reduces the SMF footer to minimal size by removing the MySQL, PHP & W3C images. Only the copyright notice remains. This is often done when advanced themes are applied. This modification does the same for the SMF default theme. The "Display time taken to create every page" display is not affected.
is this the right description of this mod? :P

Deprecated

I was obviously working on multiple projects at the same time. :) (I've fixed the typos.)

As long as it works it's okay. It's probably that your theme just added a CSS rather than replacing the default CSS. It is okay for pages to have multiple CSS files, that's how CSS works.

kanza

Hi,

My custom theme can't works well with this mod, so i install it manually

after replacing the code

.quote
{
   font-weight: normal;
   font-size: 1em;
   line-height: 1.4em;
   font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
   background-color: #F2F2F2;
   color: #000000;
}

with

.quote
{
background: url(images/quote_bg.png) 5px 5px no-repeat #F0F3FC;
border: 1px solid #AAA;
margin: 1px;
padding: 5px 5px 5px 28px;
font-size: x-small;
line-height: 1.4em;
}

what should i deal with the ".quoteheader"
.quoteheader
{
   margin: 10px 5px 0 5px;
   padding: 4px;
   border-width: 1px 1px 1px 1px;
   border-style: solid;
   border-color: #3C71A3;
   border-bottom: 8px solid #c2c2c2;
   color: #c2c2c2;
   background: transparent;
   font-size: 0.85em;
   font-weight: bold;
}

I just deleted it away, but still can't get what exactly i want

what should i do to let it become just like yours?
p/s: for manual installation, do i still need to upload the package and execute it in my admin panel?

Advertisement: