Postloop Installer - More posts more activity more members!

Started by Jade Elizabeth, August 31, 2012, 11:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

All forums go through ebbs and flows, and business in general everywhere has slowed down at the moment if you haven't noticed? People I work with have all noticed an almost halt in the sales of their products, we're wondering if the industry we're in is going to crash.

And yes it does feel like a crusade, you've (and a couple of others, even on PL) come into topics and vehemently opposed things, even when I've told you of good experiences. You have a cognitive bias and you just won't accept there can be good come of this. Some of my best members have been postloopers. Hell I even have some on staff because they've been really into the forum and so great for it. Yes there are turds who post ****** but they're all real people and that's what happens when you have real people (you get real people ha ha ha). I've had multiple people unsubscribe on postloop because they loved my forums so much they wanted to support them, and they continued posting without being paid as well. I hope a bunch of them follow suit now that PL is closing because I'd be a bit lost without some of them.

Contentvania...see reply 36 :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Rust

I'm not alone in thinking Postloop is, or was, complete crap, with a success rate hovering just above 0%.  Take a look around some of the forums and blogs dedicated to forum administration and you'll see the same.

As to your sites, yuk75, well, let's see now (9/22/2016, 4:17 AM GMT): 

• Color Me Forum:  Listed on Postloop on December 2015 and still using said paid service.  Will be dead come November 1st, based upon the active usernames I see there.
• Creative Burrows:  The last post was from June.  Dead.
• Awesome Crazy:  Last post from August.  Dead.
• The Fat Blog:  Last entry December of 2014Dead.
• Michael Besnard Blog:  Last comment "Five months ago".  Dead.
• Next Level SMF:  Last entry February.  Dead.
• Jades-World | Alunnyville:  Last entry February.  Dead.

:-*

Jade Elizabeth

Please remove that, I did not want that information posted.

There is only one of those who are on PL right now and the others aren't all owned by me. 2 of them are owned by friends (and are blogs not forums), and 2 of them have been dead for a long time and are up for the members, any posts there are inconsequential because they've been dead for a LONG time. Additionally the last two are not supposed to be "alive" as you put it and are also blogs, not forums. I haven't blogged in a while, that's my choice.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: