News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error when using the package manager

Started by shadow82x, September 29, 2008, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow82x

Whenever I try to install the mod I get an error of

Your session timed out while posting.  Please go back and try again.

SMF 2.0 beta4 stable - Custom Theme
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

N3RVE

Couldn't replicate this issue on a test forum.
Any Source code changes (mods)?

You could try to truncate the Sessions table.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

ccbtimewiz

What settings are you using for cookies? Local or Global? Could you try to enable/disable one or the other, or disable both entirely to see if this fixes the problem?

shadow82x

Quote from: [n3rve] on September 30, 2008, 09:15:55 AM
Couldn't replicate this issue on a test forum.
Any Source code changes (mods)?

-[n3rve]
A few source code changes but by ccbtimewiz :P So I dont think thats an issue. What file would it primarly be from?

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on September 30, 2008, 11:16:39 AM
What settings are you using for cookies? Local or Global? Could you try to enable/disable one or the other, or disable both entirely to see if this fixes the problem?
Tried 6 metheds already :P

QuoteYou could try to truncate the Sessions table.
No luck.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

N3RVE

Looking at your forum, I can see ccbtimewiz is active. I hope he can resolve this one.
Strange, my account was deleted - Must have been due to the ongoing conversions :P

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

shadow82x

Quote from: [n3rve] on September 30, 2008, 05:12:43 PM
Looking at your forum, I can see ccbtimewiz is active. I hope he can resolve this one.
Strange, my account was deleted - Must have been due to the ongoing conversions :P

-[n3rve]
We reset the database on the forum and its relaunch. :P
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

N3RVE

Quote from: shadow82x on September 30, 2008, 05:18:39 PM
Quote from: [n3rve] on September 30, 2008, 05:12:43 PM
Looking at your forum, I can see ccbtimewiz is active. I hope he can resolve this one.
Strange, my account was deleted - Must have been due to the ongoing conversions :P

-[n3rve]
We reset the database on the forum and its relaunch. :P

meh. So I get back to '0' post count :P

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

ccbtimewiz

I managed to fix it. It was a cookie and a theme problem.

Solved. :)

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member


shadow82x

Thanks for the attempted help all, I was able to resolve this myself. Seems as if it was a minor issue in index.template.php.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

N3RVE

Quote from: shadow82x on October 03, 2008, 04:34:59 PM
Thanks for the attempted help all, I was able to resolve this myself. Seems as if it was a minor issue in index.template.php.

Great, Marked as solved ;)

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: