Too many itemid

Started by tatore, October 02, 2008, 06:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatore

I have a problem with the itemid, that seems to be different from modules installed (Orstio 1.1.7, J! 1.0.15 but the password encryption use the 1.0.12 system, mod_smfRecentTopics ....).
The all modules point to the forum with an itemid (61), but the forum tab, on the menubar, point to the forum with an itemid (74) different, that mean: you can go through the forum using almos three links
home/forum
option,com_smf/Itemid,74/
option,com_smf/Itemid,61/
and it's not a good stuff.
Where's stored the itemid that the system generates when you install the bridge? How can I replace the itemid 74 with the itemid 61, since the all modules (login, recent topics, users online etc) point to the Itemid61. The portal isn't wrapped, and J! - SMF use different db, same user btw.
IS there any query appropriate to solve this duplicate link? It should be a problem for the indexing and I guess it's considered a duplicate entry for the search engine job.
I've searched all around here, but I didn't find nothing about it.
Please, advise me even if I know that the dev. for J!><smf has discontinued.
*Salvo*

Quote from: RumbaarI wont jump to conclusion, but you might be hacked?

Ronny

Is there a piece of code in your modules like this?

$myurl = "index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=" . $smfItemid."&";
$scripturl = $myurl;

If it is, you code change this then to the Itemid you prefer to use!

$myurl = "index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=61 or whatever";
$scripturl = $myurl;

You'll have to outcomment these lines also:

//$database->setQuery("SELECT id FROM #__menu WHERE link = 'index.php?option=com_smf'");
//if ($this->_result = $database->query()) {
//$row = mysql_fetch_object($this->_result);
//$smfItemid = $row->id;

tatore

Thanks, Ronny for your help.
The modules load correctly the itemid, and the problem come from the id inherited (assigned from J! system) when I've loaded the bridge on a menu - tab.
I'm not able to touch the .htaccess file, that, maybe, could help if properly compiled.

*Salvo*

Kindred

did you remove and then re-add the bridge at any point?

Do you have two menu items pointing to the forum using the bridge component?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tatore

Quotedid you remove and then re-add the bridge at any point?
Yes, Kindred. I had a trouble with Joomla and the entire server, so I had to uninstall one-by-one the all components, then reinstall to check what was wrong. This caused the different's ID issue, I know.
QuoteDo you have two menu items pointing to the forum
Nope, just one tab (on the main bar) pointing with the smf bridge/component to the forum (itemid74).
But if you click on the modules like: Users Online, Login/Out, Last Topics, they point to the forum with the ItemId61. Odd behaviour, I know.. ::)

*Salvo*

Kindred

not odd at all...   the old item id is still in your database, and THAT is what the modules are picking up.

You'll have to go in and remove the old entry from your database by hand
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tatore

Quote from: Kindred on October 02, 2008, 05:44:50 PM
not odd at all...   the old item id is still in your database, and THAT is what the modules are picking up.
You'll have to go in and remove the old entry from your database by hand

And that solved my problem  ;) .
Kindred, thank you so much. I appreciate a lot that your support never stopped, even if it wasn't something directly related to the bridge!
*Salvo*

Advertisement: