Can not find time offset when administering board.

Started by securobo, October 06, 2008, 08:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securobo

My board time is off by one hour. I went through every menu I could find and I could not find a setting for offset for the main board settings, I could only find it per profile. Am I mixed up about this? or is there a given setting for the board that everyone offsets from.

securobo

I believe I got it to work. Could someone clarify this though.

If I am PST and it is 5 oclock, lets say its 7 oclock at that time where you are. If you post, it will show the time posted as 5 oclock on my side and if I change my offset to your time, every post will update by that offset and show a different time. Sorry for this stupid question but I am making sure I understand everything.

ccbtimewiz

It would make more sense to set your forum's internal clock to GMT. This way, every user can simply set their offset through their profile according to their GMT +/- offset.

So EST would be GMT -4, for example. PST would be -7.

If you did it the way you've set it up, it would be the offset according to the server's time. So if you set the server on EST, my offset would be +/- 0 (while I'm really GMT +3), and if I'm PST, it would be +3 (when it should really be GMT +7)

SgtMic

In the member's profile/look and layout is the option for the member to auto detect the forum time and have it adjust to his time. But the time shown will be the members timezone.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

securobo

Right, right, but I can't find where to set the forum's clock to GMT.

ccbtimewiz

securobo

thank you, ill pay closer attention to what I read before I post next time.

Advertisement: