[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brlmedia

very nice work, can't wait for any improvements :)

davy19

I love this theme but I get the following error when I try to edit the template or css file

The file you are trying to edit... can't even be found!

Here is link to my board

http://www.thebandalliance.org/smf

bloc

Not sure what that can be...I never use the function myself, just use an ordinary text-editor and ftp it up afterwards. :)

But maybe I can help with what you want to do?

Kindred

Question on Helios...

For some reason, the Helios Theme thinks that the "online" icon is the "YIM" icon

I looked in the code, and the area is calling for YIM...  but it's showing the online "face".

Does anyone know what is happening here or where the actual use of the icon is determined?

--Kindred
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bloc

It fetches the icon from Yahoo..so it must be there the error occurs.

Kindred

Bloc,

Shouldn't it use the YIM.GIF file I have in my images directory?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bloc

Not sure, actually...in my setup, the YIM part of the profile shows online status image - not the icon that look like "Y!". So I am not sure why this is.

blunt

Quote from: davy19 on October 27, 2004, 10:31:08 AM
I love this theme but I get the following error when I try to edit the template or css file

The file you are trying to edit... can't even be found!

Here is link to my board

http://www.thebandalliance.org/smf

I get the exact same error message, and when I asked about it [Unknown] was the only person to answer.  He said something like, "it must be something serious, because that error message is rare." (heavily paraphrased)  But the long and the short of it is that nobody seems to know why it's happening.

Personally, I think it must be something to do with an incompatibility between RC1 and RC2 (forum versions) - the skin was originally made for RC1.  And if you go into the update thingy on your forum, all the Helios templates show up as needing to be upgraded.  Trouble is, I don't know if that would screw anything up even worse.

Any ideas, Bloc?  Would updating the templates screw up the skin?  Thanks :) 

BTW, my forum's at http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php? - haven't been able to centre the banner, because I can't access the template.  Thanks for the skin tho - I think it's the best one of the lot :)

Racenut

I really like the design of this theme. I really would like to see this done in light colors. Blues,whites,and grays maybe.

bloc

Quote from: blunt on October 27, 2004, 05:46:27 PM
Any ideas, Bloc? Would updating the templates screw up the skin? Thanks :)

BTW, my forum's at http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php? - haven't been able to centre the banner, because I can't access the template. Thanks for the skin tho - I think it's the best one of the lot :)

Well, I am going over all my themes for RC2 ASAP, been delaying a bit for the contest :), and will make necessary changes then. Upgrading skins? I think the upgrading only occurs in the default theme..and if you have Helios AS the default(folder called default instead of Helios for instance) the theme will surely break. They are quite different.

Quote from: Racenut on October 27, 2004, 05:54:07 PM
I really like the design of this theme. I really would like to see this done in light colors. Blues,whites,and grays maybe.

Yes, I have been thinking about a "lighter" version. We have to see what I come up with. its just the graphics + some color codes that needs changing after all.. ;)

Kindred

remember, you NEED to keep the "default" theme folder inviolate...

Well, not quite so bad... but Helios only modifies a few of the *.template.php files. Any files not modifed by (and present) in the Helios directory are looked for in the Default directory.

So, If you want to make Helios your board's only theme...
make sure your default directory remains as it is from base SMF (or modded)
install Helios as a seperate Theme in its own directory
set your board's theme options to use Helios as the default theme and uncheck the box that allows users to change their theme.
Check your mod files to see if they mod any of the *.template.php files in the Helios directory and apply the mods manually to those files.

BTW: I am running RC2 with the Helios theme without any issues....

Слaва
Украинi

ROGUE-Master

this is a great theme! I hope to see imprivements for the future

MrPHD

Where i can find a helius(black theme)botons in Portuguese?help please and regards.
Com o apoio de SMF.

Kindred

I actually have replaced the standard Helios buttons with buttons form Andrea's simple-black set...
(http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=6981.0)

They are slightly smaller (height) than the standard Helio set, but with a black background, it's not obvious... and I like the icons and colours.

I believe she has that one translated into a dozen languages....

<edit>  but no portuguese...  hmmm...   maybe if you translated the text, she would make a copy for you?
Слaва
Украинi

bloc

Quote from: MrPHD on October 31, 2004, 04:43:16 AM
Where i can find a helius(black theme)botons in Portuguese?help please and regards.

I will make a portuguese set in original Helios buttons, if you wish. I am in the process of making several language-sets.

Legolass

Quote from: Bloc on October 27, 2004, 12:01:12 PM
Not sure what that can be...I never use the function myself, just use an ordinary text-editor and ftp it up afterwards. :)

hi i have the same problem - i'd like all the links to be the same colour whether visited or not, and i'd like to change the text colours.

wicked theme tho! i'm loving it

bloc

Quote from: Legolass on October 31, 2004, 08:54:01 AM
Quote from: Bloc on October 27, 2004, 12:01:12 PM

hi i have the same problem - i'd like all the links to be the same colour whether visited or not, and i'd like to change the text colours.

wicked theme tho! i'm loving it

Check the style.css file for :

/* Normal, standard links. */
a:link
{
        color: #e0ffe0;
        text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited
{
        color: #e0e0ff;
}
a:hover
{
        color: #fff080;
}

Just change all the color-defs to the same value(your preferred one)in this section and links will be the same whether normal, visited or hover(if you wish).

For text colors all over..there are a few, but start with the "body" section and see how far you get:

/* By default (td, body..) use Tahoma in black. */
body, td
{
        color: white;
        font-size: small;
        font-family: verdana, helvetica, serif;
}

Glad you like the theme. :)

Legolass

excellent! got that sorted - now when i try to put a logo in the top right it doesnt show - but if i put it top left it shows :S is it a dimensions thing?

bloc

No, its a "bug" sort of... ;) It will soon be corrected together with some other enhancements. The code for it to show on the right is missing ( the newsbox is there instead now ), but the option is still active. I will put in the choice of putting it right, and at the same time pushing the newsbox under userbox/newsbox to make room.

Or perhaps some other setup, have quite decided yet....

Legolass

oh right that explains it! thank you  :D

Advertisement: