News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

Look with ftp on your server if all the paths ans files exist as you see in the PortaMx archive.

alsaka

hello

thx for mod but i have problem in my language.. 

i can't found arabic

I want to download Arabic language

feline

GlitchPC

Just installed this and it brought my whole site down....

I have no access to the admin control panel to uninstall it...and no access to PHPMyAdmin to remove the database changes this mod made.

I got this error when the page refreshed after installation of the mod:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/PortaMx/Class/System/PortaMx_BlocksClass.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/PortaMx/PortaMx.php on line 63

feline

look with ftp to you server and check if all files an folder exists.
the folder structure you see in the archive...

alsaka

By mistake i clear the table from the database and does not have backup
Error Message.
Table 'mondy_smf.smf_portamx_blocks' doesn't exist
الملف: /home/mondy/proegy.com/Sources/PortaMx/LoadData.php
السطر: 1012
any help pls

i think i need to load this table

feline

extract the file dbinstall.php from the archive (path \install) and copy this with ftp to your server in the forum root (where you find the SSI.php). Open a browser, enter your url and add /dbinstall.php at the end.
Now the missing table(s) are recreated...

Odarn

Hi im trying to download this mod

But everytime i try to install it i get this error:

( I can upload it fine it's just installing it. )

I am hosting on SMF 2.0 RC5

Odarn

Quote from: feline on June 06, 2011, 04:15:25 PM
you can download from here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1419

I did that already

I downloaded it & uploaded it, Then clicked install
& I downloaded it from the link then clicked install

but both of those options i get that error ( Screenshot i posted in last message )

feline

Today we developed the version 1.0 for SMF 2.0 (Gold).

GlitchPC

Just upgraded to SMF 2.0 Gold and getting the following errors with the latest version of your mod:

http://xxxxxxxx.xxx/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=routine
8192: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated
File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/PortaMx/LoadData.php
Line: 1182

8192: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of find_cat_insert_pos(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file
Line: 1220

8192: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of find_cat_insert_pos(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file
Line: 1221

Any solutions?

feline

Look at this help:
you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file
it's the php.ini

GlitchPC

feline,

Thank you for your reply.  Actually, I fixed the errors by editing lines 1182, 1220, and 1221 of the Sources/PortaMx/LoadData.php file.

Line 1182:
Find
$fnd = find_cat_insert_pos(&$cats[$ofs]['childs'], $cat, $id);

Replace with
$fnd = find_cat_insert_pos($cats[$ofs]['childs'], $cat, $id);

Line 1220:
Find
find_cat_insert_pos(&$result, $cat, $cat['parent']);

Replace with
find_cat_insert_pos($result, $cat, $cat['parent']);

Line 1221:
Find
elseif(find_cat_insert_pos(&$result, $cat, 0) == false)

Replace with
elseif(find_cat_insert_pos($result, $cat, 0) == false)

Apparently, the ampersand (&) is the culprit.  Removing "&" from those lines resolved the errors I was receiving from the Admin Error log.

feline

if you remove the &, the function don't work.
We work on a fix for this, for now you can add the string
php_value allow_call_time_pass_reference 1
in your .htaccess on the forum root.
If you not have a .htaccess create a new.

tempster

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before ...

I installed PortaMX using the package install feature of SMF and while SMF said PortaMX was installed successfully, there were a lot of PortaMX files and directories missing from the SMF installation.  I manually ftp-ed all of the PortaMX files to my smf directory and everything appears to be okay. 

My question is: "how can I make certain that my install of PortaMx is correct?".  Can I run install again or, do I have to uninstall to run install again?  I am not getting any errors from PortaMX or SMF

I'm running SMF 2.0

thanks in advance for your help.

Powerbob

I would suggest using it ;)
If you have no errors, then what is the problem?

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

tempster

There were a lot of PortaMix directories that failed to upload.  THIS resulted in no access to the board until I uploaded the missing files and directories.

When you select forums from which the portal takes "news" to display in the block on the front page, can PortaMX be configured to display full posts with the flash and images that are in the posts on the front page?

feline

If you will that, then leave Number of words before tease empty. In this case the full post is shown.
Click at the (i) symbols in the settings for more help on all the settings options...

tempster

Great!  Thanks for your help.  being able to select multiple forums for news and to display full posts in the portal is just what I needed to migrate from ipb to smf.

I just noticed that clicking on a post in the portal generates a full view pop-up of the post.

Advertisement: