News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bancherd

Downloaded and installed the 0.950 version(upgraded from 0.947).  Things went smoothly except for this error that I found in the log.  ???

feline

Quote from: JetBoom on October 29, 2008, 07:06:57 PM
Isn't that just a copy of the db_install.php in the zip?

Database Error
Table 'smf.smf_portamx_settings' doesn't exist
File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\public_html\forums\dbinstall.php
Line: 126
I see the prefix id added twice?
Works perfect on my system. You have a modified SSI.php ?

I added a news panel to the frontpage and set the board to display to the news forum but instead of displaying any posts, it just displays a blank table with the "News" title I put there.
The board from wich you show boardnews MUST have guest access.
This is defined in SSI.php not on me.
I think, this is a bug on SMF, but I have no answer to my question in Bug reports.

Fel

feline

Quote from: Bancherd on October 29, 2008, 10:44:21 PM
Downloaded and installed the 0.950 version(upgraded from 0.947).  Things went smoothly except for this error that I found in the log.  ???
Take a look on Themes/default/highslide/graphics if the file exist.
Set the access rights on all dirs to 755, on files to 644.

Fel

Bancherd

QuoteTake a look on Themes/default/highslide/graphics if the file exist.
Set the access rights on all dirs to 755, on files to 644.

Thanks...done that, but the problem is still around.  It only occurs with zoomin.cur  ???   I am not sure if it is related, but I am using newposts-block on the frontpage.

Bancherd

Update.  When I copied zoomin.cur to ...Themes/default/highslide/zoomin.cur  the error disappeared.

So.... the program is looking for the file zoomin.cur in directory Themes/default/highslide/ instead of Themes/default/highslide/graphics/  ??? ???

feline

I wonder me .. I have all the files exactly on the position as in the archive and it works.

Fel

Bancherd

Quote from: feline on October 31, 2008, 05:43:24 AM
I wonder me .. I have all the files exactly on the position as in the archive and it works.

Fel

Could be my install.. Tested it out on a fresh local machine and everything worked fine as you described. :) 

I may have to totally take down my test site and start with a brand new/clean install, it was used to test so many mods....things could have been messed up....  Emm.

haderaschta

got only a small problem. i'm using the "Highslide Image Viewer"-Mod and portamx interferes with it. before 0.950 there was no problem, you could see atachments-images and navigate through the different images. now is see only the picture click on.
(Highslide Image Viewer shows all pictures from all posts)

like i said, only a small problem ...
admin http://www.haderaschta.com [nofollow]

Antechinus

0.950 comes with Highslide as a standard feature. You may have to uninstall the mod.

edi67

Quote from: haderaschta on November 02, 2008, 07:50:58 PM
got only a small problem. i'm using the "Highslide Image Viewer"-Mod and portamx interferes with it. before 0.950 there was no problem, you could see atachments-images and navigate through the different images. now is see only the picture click on.
(Highslide Image Viewer shows all pictures from all posts)

like i said, only a small problem ...

HIGHSLIDE of Portamx could be disabled in blocks try to disable it if this help you
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

haderaschta

i downgraded to the old version, for my needs it's very good. :)
admin http://www.haderaschta.com [nofollow]

feline

I add a global highslide disable on next release ...

Fel

dwd2000

Quote from: feline on October 12, 2008, 06:33:04 AM
Quote from: Boxer2 on October 12, 2008, 06:05:53 AM
Great stuff, is there any chance for 1.xx version????
No.. Never  ;D

Fel

Understood.
My SMF 2.x beta site had no problems installing and I had no problems configuring it.
My main site is running SMF 1.1.7 with Simple Portal.
I'm one of those who will wait until SMF 2.x becomes more stable and has more mods available before upgrading.
I have a bunch of mods installed that might not work after an upgrade.
Too bad SMF 2.x didn't have a backwards compatible feature built in. (or does it???)
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

feline

Quote from: dwd2000 on November 08, 2008, 03:02:28 PM
Too bad SMF 2.x didn't have a backwards compatible feature built in. (or does it???)
No chance to go back to 1.xx from 2.0

Fel

dwd2000

Quote from: feline on November 08, 2008, 05:26:38 PM
Quote from: dwd2000 on November 08, 2008, 03:02:28 PM
No chance to go back to 1.xx from 2.0

Fel

It sounds like a "Feature Request" or "Mod Request" for the SMF 2.x Team.
It would make upgrading a lot easier for those of us with established sites, if there was a way to use mods from previous versions.
Now I'm just young.

Dave's Games

feline

I think, that is a way, they is't to go.
SMF 2 has a other structure on database, DB querys and more.
It's the part of mod developers, to update the mods for SMF 2.
My 2 cent   ;)

Fel

dwd2000

Quote from: feline on November 08, 2008, 06:06:33 PM
I think, that is a way, they is't to go.
SMF 2 has a other structure on database, DB querys and more.
It's the part of mod developers, to update the mods for SMF 2.
My 2 cent   ;)

Fel

2 cents adds up. I'll take it.  ;)
It won't hurt to add it to the Mod Request forum and see what happens. (I just did)
Now I'm just young.

Dave's Games

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: feline on October 12, 2008, 06:33:04 AM
Quote from: Boxer2 on October 12, 2008, 06:05:53 AM
Great stuff, is there any chance for 1.xx version????
No.. Never  ;D

Fel

Too bad. A lot of people wont be switching to 2.0 for long time. Even long after the final is released.

Antechinus

Well then, my 2c is that they're nuts. Either that or they aren't aware of the benefits of SMF 2. I didn't see what the fuss was about until I actually set it up on a test site and gave it a bit of a run. From a users and admin point of view it is much better than 1.1.x.
If you were thinking of not changing to SMF 2 I advise you to reconsider.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: antechinus on November 08, 2008, 07:32:26 PM
Well then, my 2c is that they're nuts. Either that or they aren't aware of the benefits of SMF 2. I didn't see what the fuss was about until I actually set it up on a test site and gave it a bit of a run. From a users and admin point of view it is much better than 1.1.x.
If you were thinking of not changing to SMF 2 I advise you to reconsider.

All my sites, except for 2 are 2.0
One of them that are not, is a theme demo site for 1.1.x themes.
The other, is an RPG site that uses a mod made only for 1.1.x and will stay 1.1.x until the mod is upgraded, as the RPG depends on the mod.

I will not hesitate to upgrade, once the mod is upgraded.
However, in my last post, I had said People, NOT me.

Some people would rather not upgrade, because of certain reasons. We can not force them to do so. I was only merely saying that a version of the mod for the 1.1.x version would be nice. Not saying that it should be made.

Advertisement: