Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerryM

Quote from: feline on February 23, 2009, 03:28:20 PM
I dont know whats go wrong, but the request wich I see in you picture is NOT from the fckeditor, they developed in the PortaMx package ...

Fel

I deleted the mySQL and smf 2.0 RC1 and reinstalled fresh copies and then only installed this mod - same problem.

This happens when you are trying to insert a picture into the HTML editor window (fckeditor) and you click "Browser Server" a file structure window opens and you then get the error I made a picture of.

There is NO contamination from anything...

Thanks for the assistance, I appreciate it.

But if I can't get this solved I'm going to have to use simple portal or something else.
Perry

feline

Quote from: PerryM on February 23, 2009, 03:53:35 PM
This happens when you are trying to insert a picture into the HTML editor window (fckeditor) and you click "Browser Server" a file structure window opens and you then get the error I made a picture of.
I can't say if your server and all other software correct configured and wich browser you use.

But if I can't get this solved I'm going to have to use simple portal or something else.
I dont hold peoples they on a trip  :D

Fel

PerryM

Quote from: feline on February 23, 2009, 04:45:47 PM
Quote from: PerryM on February 23, 2009, 03:53:35 PM
I can't say if your server and all other software correct configured and wich browser you use.

I dont hold peoples they on a trip  :D

Fel

I use a 3 year old HP laptop and have installed 70+ smf mods - nothing like this has happened.  I run IE 7.  I'm running XP.

The same error occurs on my wife's PC which runs Vista.

I appreciate your efforts and love this mod - it is fantastic.  So I'll do the best I can and limp along and hope somehow this will work.  This mod is so far superior to the other Portal mods that I will do the best I can and hopefully can get pictures into the HTML other ways.

Thanks for making the mod available - I appreciate it.

I use Site5 as my hosting site.
Perry

PerryM

I'm playing around with Single Pages - I create one and try to have it show in some forums with no luck.  The page is active but I just can't see how to use it.

The documentation is not active for this topic.

Thanks
Perry

Bancherd

Fel, I also have the same problem with uploading pictures from my PC while in the FCKeditor.  It never got done.  :-\ I checked the folders' permission and there were 755.  No problems with using links though.

Not sure if it has anythig to do with my server's configuration, but I am also using FCKeditor in FelBlog(SMF1.1.8) on the same server/domain without any problem.  (I have SMF2RC1/PortaMx in a subdirectory).

No problems with pages or otherwise(once I learned how to use it).  :D

Bancherd

Update.....while using a local (SMF2RC1/PortaMx/xampp/MSxp) box, I could upload pictures while using FCKeditor WITHOUT any problem.  :D   So it might have something to do with the server's configuration?

2nd. Update.....I set the files inside fckeditor to 755...then the picture upload worked properly.... :D

Antechinus

Quote from: PerryM on February 23, 2009, 05:30:31 PM
I'm playing around with Single Pages - I create one and try to have it show in some forums with no luck.  The page is active but I just can't see how to use it.

The documentation is not active for this topic.

Thanks
Unfortunately they only display on the front page at the moment.

PerryM

Quote from: Bancherd on February 23, 2009, 09:47:20 PM
Update.....while using a local (SMF2RC1/PortaMx/xampp/MSxp) box, I could upload pictures while using FCKeditor WITHOUT any problem.  :D   So it might have something to do with the server's configuration?

2nd. Update.....I set the files inside fckeditor to 755...then the picture upload worked properly.... :D

ALL files and folders in the fckeditor are set to 755 on my hosting site.
Perry

feline

set the folder editor_uploads and the subfolder inside also to 755 or 777

Fel

PerryM

Quote from: feline on February 24, 2009, 03:21:03 AM

Fel

Folders already set to 755 and set them all to 777 and still get the same error.
Perry

Vincent Volmer

Quote from: PerryM on February 24, 2009, 03:37:55 AM

Fel

Folders already set to 755 and set them all to 777 and still get the same error.

I had the same error. This is how I removed the error and let is work correct:

I deleted the 'old' TinyPortal FCKeditor folder (you can recognize the first 3 characters (FCK) are uppercase).
I deleted the PortaMx fckeditor folder (all characters are lowercase)
I uploaded manual the fckeditor folder again from the PortaMx archive to the webserver and all is working fine again.

Vincent

PerryM

Quote from: Vincent Volmer on February 24, 2009, 03:53:50 AM
Quote from: PerryM on February 24, 2009, 03:37:55 AM

Fel

I had the same error. This is how I removed the error and let is work correct:

I deleted the 'old' TinyPortal FCKeditor folder (you can recognize the first 3 characters (FCK) are uppercase).
I deleted the PortaMx fckeditor folder (all characters are lowercase)
I uploaded manual the fckeditor folder again from the PortaMx archive to the webserver and all is working fine again.

Vincent

Thank you....thank you...did I mention thank you?

Deleted the fckeditor folder (Which was from this module) and copied over the unzipped fckeditor folder and it now works like a $500 package!!!

(755 are the file permissions that default to)

Thanks so much folks...

Me happy :)
Perry

Pentaxian

Installation went super. The language manager states that new languages can be added but doesn't show how or where. I'll be trying the rest in the next days. Thanks for now for this very nice mod!

sheryltoo

I installed this mod on a test site so I could be sure I knew what I was doing and everything seemed to install correctly after following some instructions on setting the correct permissions.
Now I've tried to install it on my active site and although it seemed as if it installed ok, I see the language for Block manager is set to English-utf8 but my default language is English.
Why would the block manager show the wrong language?
How can I change it to English?

And I'm assuming the reason I'm missing the boxes to type a block title is because I have the wrong language?
Sheryl

feline

The default language (english) with PortaMx is developed use the charset  ISO-8859-1.
You can install other languages with the language manager.

If the titlebox not show, you have not set the correct language.

Fel

sheryltoo

I want my default to be English and it looks as if every area in the admin believes this to be true except the block manager.
I'm going to include screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about.
If I'm suppose to change something in one of these screenshots so block manager will use English rather then english-utf8, would you please tell me what I need to do?
Thanks.

This first screenshot shows my default language:

This shows the language installed and other languages I can install but since I don't want utf-8, I'm assuming I shouldn't install it.

This shows Block manager with the language as English-utf8 and it's what needs to be changed but how?

And this shows the editor without the blocktitle box and my language showing as English.
There's nothing in the drop down list since English is the only language I've installed.

So what am I missing? Is there some other place I need to go to make a change?

And I followed the exact same steps I took when I installed it on a test site and didn't run  into this problem.
Sheryl

feline

Plase check your userprofile ...
Go to profile - modify profile - account settings - Preferred Language
Set this correct to english and save the profile.

Fel

sheryltoo

My language "is" already set to English.
Sheryl

Powerbob

Great Mod Feline, installed and working great 8)

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

sheryltoo

I thought I should tell you one more thing in regards to my language problem.
I just realized in looking at my tables in php myadmin that two of the portamx tables show utf8_general_ci under collation.
All my other tables say latin1_swedish_ci.
Is there a way of changing these two tables to show the correct collation, assuming what's showing is wrong?
The two tables are smf_portamx_blocks and smf_portamx_settings.
I'm wondering if I should try to uninstall and reinstall everything or is there a way to replace those two tables?
Sheryl

Advertisement: